Eat from the Tree of Knowledge and You Will Die?

Well it seems pretty self-explanitory to me. I just can't believe that I've been taking the word-of-mouth interpretation of Genesis which is that "God created man with Free Will" when he did nothing of the sort according to Genesis. I don't know if those interpreters know they're lying and they're using some kind of reverse-psychology to make the masses believe that is part of Christianity's message, or they've been brainwashed into seeing something that's not there themselves.

Well it seems pretty self-explanitory to me. I just can't believe that I've been taking the word-of-mouth interpretation of Genesis which is that "God created man with Free Will" when he did nothing of the sort according to Genesis. I don't know if those interpreters know they're lying and they're using some kind of reverse-psychology to make the masses believe that is part of Christianity's message, or they've been brainwashed into seeing something that's not there themselves.

Oh, Mojobadshah, this of seing something that's not there, is the trade of Christianity. Some fundamentalists claim even up to 300 quotes in the Tanach where they see references to Jesus as the Messiah, which is possible only on the basis of Christian pre-conceived notions.
Ben

Its really sad to see someone with so many issues Amergin. I do hope you find something in your life that pleases you.

I have found many things in my life that please me. I was pleased because I had the freedom to not believe in gods, without state punishment.

I spent three years in Ruanda during the Civil War, plague, and famine. At the time I believed I made a serious mistake. People were dying of wounds, starvation, or treatable diseases for which I often ran out of antibiotics. I was shot at, briefly captured by Ugandan troops. I suffered from seeing my patients die despite my best treatment. I was suffered terribly to see children emaciated from starvation die of an otherwise treatable disease. Yet that part of my life is my proudest in my memory.

Breakthroughs in epilepsy treatment and immunology of neurological diseases had praises heaped on me. But none of that rivals the impact of Ruanda on my mind. I would not undergo that experience again. I have lost that courage in my elder years.

Getting the South Atlantic Medal, I now regard as simply a trinket from my brief Army career.

I do have many issues in my life. I know I will not be there if good wins over evil. I still speak out against inequality, suppression of religion or unbelief, deliberate abuse of the majority of people by wealthy corporations. I like the French Revolution's "Liberte, Egalite, et Fraternite."

If the Tea Baggers (Corporations, Christian Taliban, and Military Imperials) win in America it will be the final nail in the coffin of American democracy. I hope Americans wake up to what I perceive as grave threats.

Amergin

Murder of Hypatia

I concede that your version of the murder of Hypatia is more correct than what I wrote. I do not think it lessens the negative effect of that murder had on ending the Classical Age of Scholarship and led to the Dark Ages. I found this.

Murder of Hypatia

Death on the Nile – The End of Hypatia & Classic Scholarship in Egypt

From his pulpit Cyril inveighed against the harlot and, in response to his call, more fanatics swarmed in from the desert. Hypatia was set upon by the mobsters as she was going in her carriage from her lecture-hall to her home. She was dragged to a nearby church where mob-rule took control. Stripped, beaten and hacked to pieces her dismembered body was burned to hide all traces of the crime.

The year was 415. A distressed Orestes, officially still in charge of the province, ordered the execution of Hierax, a Christian monk, for complicity in the murder but within days Orestes himself was murdered. The expulsion of the Jews continued and the Bishop himself nominated a successor to Orestes. From Pulcheria Cyril elicited a new decree, which raised the number of his personal parabalani mobsters from 500 to 600.

Religious tyranny had enthroned itself in the erstwhile world-capital of intellectualism.

I realise that many do not like my posts. I don't consider them rants. They are my honest opinions based on the history that I have studied in college and personal reading. I realize that America is a radically Christian Country. And that is none of my business to try to fix. However, I have a right to criticise. And I do consider American Fundamentalism to be evil, despite its adherents not recognising that evil.

Unfortunately, the great opposition to intellectualism and science is not healthy for America. It is Americans who suffer from denying scientific facts. They are condemning their children into a world competition in which Americans are not qualified anymore. I disagree with the ideas that Evolution, Geology (Earth Age), Geotectonics, Astronomy, Gravity, Mathematics, Chemistry, and all aspects of Physics are just "theories." (meaning guesses).

That my ideas are found threatening by US Fundies, means that their own inner doubts are stimulated by my posts. From the things I read that Americans believe, I think they need me to jump start their brains.

Amergin

Adam and Eve ended up eating from the tree of knowledge and did not die. What happened?
Ben

The Account of Adam and Eve is purely sexual, in ancient times "Snakes" are "Phallic" Symbols, Trees are "Phallic" and Fruit is synonymous with Semen

Eve (Female), was seduced by a Phallus(Snake) offering Semen(Fruit), she(Female) takes the fruit(Semen) (Sex)

Later god states " on your belly you shall go" , for it is "Flaccid", The Snake is GOD'S Penis

Then the serpent(Penis) said to the woman(Female), “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes(Vagina) will be opened

The Account of Adam and Eve is purely sexual, in ancient times "Snakes" are "Phallic" Symbols, Trees are "Phallic" and Fruit is synonymous with Semen

Eve (Female), was seduced by a Phallus(Snake) offering Semen(Fruit), she(Female) takes the fruit(Semen) (Sex)

Later god states " on your belly you shall go" , for it is "Flaccid", The Snake is GOD'S Penis

Then the serpent(Penis) said to the woman(Female), “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes(Vagina) will be opened

You must have been reading too much Freud. That's why you have become paranoid about penises.
Ben

You must have been reading too much Freud. That's why you have become paranoid about penises.
Ben

The Ancients where
min.gif

Amen

Man was indeed granted with the attribute of freewill; what you need is a little expertise in the handling of metaphorical language. Take a look at Genesis 4:6,7 and Deuteronomy 30:15-19. It was up to man to exercise his freewill in the choice to do good or refrain from doing evil. Since we are, naturally, under the law of cause and effect, we ourselves are the cause of whatever happens to us, good or bad. Therefore, prone to pay for the consequences thereof or to enjoy the rewards as a result of doing good.
Ben

Man was indeed granted with the attribute of freewill; what you need is a little expertise in the handling of metaphorical language. Take a look at Genesis 4:6,7 and Deuteronomy 30:15-19. It was up to man to exercise his freewill in the choice to do good or refrain from doing evil. Since we are, naturally, under the law of cause and effect, we ourselves are the cause of whatever happens to us, good or bad. Therefore, prone to pay for the consequences thereof or to enjoy the rewards as a result of doing good.
Ben
There is no Freedom of Will to "refrain from doing evil" rather from what another (in this case god or at the very least those that believe there to be a god) dictates is Good or Evil, you have come under the Will of another's definition.

Ben

There is no Freedom of Will to "refrain from doing evil" rather from what another (in this case god or at the very least those that believe there to be a god) dictates is Good or Evil, you have come under the Will of another's definition.

You both are talking about individual conscience, correct?

There is, and absolute freedom of will to refrain from doing evil and to do good instead. The only beings whom freewill was not granted as an attribute are the irrational animals, who are naturally activated by instincts. But humans are by definition, beings with freewill. Moreover, to dictate what is good or evil, we don't need God. That's why we have been granted with the attribute of Intellect. And, likewise, only humans have it.
Ben

You both are talking about individual conscience, correct?

No, myself, I am talking about freewill. Real freewill. The choice to do absolutely whatever comes to our minds to do, even to kill ourselves if that's what we want. And I repeat, absolute freewill, as long as we are aware of the consequences of ill using it, or of the rewards of making a good use of it. And I challenge anyone who dares to refute me on this.
Ben

No, myself, I am talking about freewill. Real freewill. The choice to do absolutely whatever comes to our minds to do, even to kill ourselves if that's what we want. And I repeat, absolute freewill, as long as we are aware of the consequences of ill using it, or of the rewards of making a good use of it. And I challenge anyone who dares to refute me on this.
Ben

You have to know the true interpretation to eat from that tree . The truth is the tree of life and the fruit the manna.

Ben
Ok, I'll take a stab at it :D
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you follow Judaism, right?
Through the indoctrination of Judaic laws and philosophies your 'choices' are thus based? What you consider moral decisions are based on how your faith sees morality. Otherwise you are not following your chosen belief system.
If indeed that is the case, then you are acting under the Will of another, and this is not Freedom of Will.

I might also add that I disagree with the typical definition of Free Will, and feel as much of it details nothing more than making choices (should I make a left or a right, stand up or sit down etc.), these are hardly spiritual decisions.

Through the indoctrination of Judaic laws and philosophies your 'choices' are thus based? What you consider moral decisions are based on how your faith sees morality. Otherwise you are not following your chosen belief system.
If indeed that is the case, then you are acting under the Will of another, and this is not Freedom of Will.

I might also add that I disagree with the typical definition of Free Will, and feel as much of it details nothing more than making choices (should I make a left or a right, stand up or sit down etc.), these are hardly spiritual decisions.
Not really . I know all the religions. I even know the language of the snake and what it means. So I dont really follow one specific religion. However I was raised primarily catholic but not practicing right now .

See there is one thing i know that you may or may not know. When you separated from that heavenly feeling of being one with that essence that is love you miss it sooooo much.

Yes, the definition of the Scriptures, aka, the Word of God. Man has absolute freedom to do whatever he intends to do, as long as he is aware of the consequences as a result of the law of cause and effect. Even to kill himself, man is free to choose. If man has no freedom of will to refrain from doing evil, he is not a man but an irrational animal. Since God has granted us with the attribute of freewill, He does not interfere with man's choices in life. (Gen. 4:6,7; Deut. 30:15-19)
Ben

You have to know the true interpretation to eat from that tree . The truth is the tree of life and the fruit the manna.

Yes, the truth in the tree of life is to make us understand that the attribute of eternal life was not granted to man. It belongs with God only. That's why Adam and Eve were banned from the Garden of Eden; because they could not eat of the tree of life and live forever. That's the metaphor of the letter in Genesis 3:22.
Ben

A decision to choose works everywhere, in the secular realm as well as in the spiritual one. Therefore, the definition of freewill is absolute; as far as I am concerned. Of course I am open to consider and discusss your views about the issue. Now, about the Judaic laws and philosophies, I have chosen to adopt them as my way of life, and not simply because I was born in it. That's freewill in action, alright. I am not following the will of another. On the other hand, to quit what I have chosen to do because you have persuaded me, would be rather doing your will, not mine.
Ben

Back