Let There Be Light and There Was Light

Ben Masada

Reaction score
Let There Be Light and There Was Light

It has been an a "tohu vavohu" among many questioners, especially Christians, even many Jews, to come up with an explanation for that kind of light in Genesis 1:3 wen the sun, which gives light by day was created only on the 4th day of creation. The embarrassment is that at both, Atheists laugh. And not because they know any better in terms of an adequate answer, but for two other reasons: First, because they look for an answer only in Science; and of course it is not there but in Theology. And in Theology, they laugh at us for they think that we are all speaking about an anthropomorphic god, which, as I don't blame them: It indeed never existed.

But what light is indeed the Torah writer referring to when he reports of God as declaring, "Let there be light?"

Since before the creation of the universe it was already in the designs of God to provide for salvation of Mankind, a People whom salvation would come from, in the words of Jesus himself in John 4:22. Hence the first prophecy pronounced by God Himself about the rise of Israel from the Patriarcks Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the future.

When for good, the Assyrians removed Israel from existence by replacing the Northern Kingdom of the Galilee with Gentiles, and after the Jews or Southern Kingdom was taken for an temporary exile of 70 years in Babylon, and the time had arrived for their return to the Land of Israel, Prophet Isaiah said that the people who walked in darkness, as he meant the Gentiles in Galilee, had seen a great light as the Jewish People were returning to the Land of Israel. (Isa. 9:2)

Then, later, he confirms that light of Genesis 1:3 when he explained that Israel had been assigned as light to the nations. (Isa. 42:6) But the light was to remain divided from the darkness, so that both should exist in the same world; although, in the language of the Essenes, there would always be a conflict between the children of Light and the children of darkness. Between Jews and Gentiles.

Jesus was aware of this Light as he delivered his famous Sermon of the Mount to a crowd of Jews, when he said to them: "You are the Light of the world." (Mat. 5:14) The reason why he said "you are" and not "you have" is that what one has, it can be taken away, but what one is he is no matter what. Individually, we have the light the world needs to know God. But as a People, we are the light of Genesis 1:3, which the world needs for salvation.

Ben

Nice cut & paste job . . . is there a question or discussion somewhere in all that?

Nice cut & paste job . . . is there a question or discussion somewhere in all that?

Nice cut alright, but straight our of my mind, as a result of inspiration from above. And it answers questions about three points: The apparent discrepancy between that light of the first day of Creation with the creation of the sun and the stars on the 4th day, the Essene doctrine of the children of light versus the children of darkness, and Jesus' reference to the Jews as light of the world. (Mat. 5:14)
Ben

Nice cut alright, but straight our of my mind, as a result of inspiration from above. And it answers questions about three points: The apparent discrepancy between that light of the first day of Creation with the creation of the sun and the stars on the 4th day, the Essene doctrine of the children of light versus the children of darkness, and Jesus' reference to the Jews as light of the world. (Mat. 5:14)
Ben
Indeed, my mistake, I found your post on several forums, and you created links too!

I'll be reading through his, being I am interested in Light.

Indeed, my mistake, I found your post on several forums, and you created links too!

Yeah, I can see. You must been living in the dark for too long. Luciferian, right? Perhaps I'll be able to be of some help to you in terms of sharing with you a little of the light outside the cave. You know, the allegorical cave of Plato.
Ben

ben,

what exactly is your point here? you are, presumably, aware that jews cannot rely on christian religious texts to make theological arguments? you'd make a far better case for whatever it is you are trying to argue if you stuck to jewish texts.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Well, bbrain, I think Ben is trying to make the point that Jesus came from a Jewish context and can best be understood as such.

I think that there is black light and that its not bad but the concept of darkness means void of light meaning no black light at all. When you mix white light and black light you get the most beautiful golden light....might tell you something.

There is dark light as well its not bad. The concept of dark light being bad is false. The absence of light it bad.

In the Christian Tradition, the light is said to be intelligibility.

God bless,

Thomas

Dark is an energy that moves and it serves the purpose of separation. It is the opposite of unity. If unity is good, then dark is bad. That is not the best way to understand it since it precludes whole understanding to say it is bad, but some areas relate it this way. Dark is necessary in order to move separated circumstances (attention spans) up and around to what they can continue to do. Separated circumstances pay attention to the life of changes or darkness and they understand part of something that is caused to be conducted through it. "What was that noise" is a separated circumstances experiencing degrees of fear and perhaps a bit of something about sound. A united attention span is not caused to the moving life of changes in the environment or to what is darkness able to say something and as a result they are understanding a conduction of knowing from God to awareness (never to a nervous system and never by way of audible sound) when there is an interest placed to their existence area.

Black light is good , white light is good when its love light.

In the Christian Tradition, the light is said to be intelligibility.

- yes, the Word, the Logos, the... beginning...

Jehovah, the demiurge, is an imperfect God; the half-child of Sophia... or so I have heard from rogue kabbalists... and while that imperfect wisdom puts everyone on the back foot, I'll add...

The kabbalah refers to ... a multifaceted God, manifested as the supposed sephira, Keter, the Crown, Hokmah, wisdom, Binah, Understanding, Geburah, severity, and gedullah, greatness, Tiferet, beauty, Nezach; victory, Hod, splendour, Malkut; the daughter of the kingdom... some kabbalists also include a "dark" gate; Da'ath, sat hovering betwixt Binah and Hokmah and a little below Keter -- this dar gate the ... gateway to the other tree, the tree with the poisoned fruits, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, as opposed to the tree of knowledge of God...

traditionally, the sun is not considered the God: in the kabbalistic schema, the Sun is Tiferet -- the Son, the... lesser Keter. Keter, the ... "boss/father" element, is "the head which is not", a crown, and not a head...

In most pre-christian religions, the Sun is only ever a Son; Llew, Ra, Surya -- all Gods, but Gods who are the sons of more important gods. In the kabbalah, the essence, God him/herself, is expressed in these... manifestations, these sefira, but God is the totality of the manifestation -- God is beyond the sefira, is the total of the sefira and yet the creator, not the sum of its parts...

...before the sefira, before the manifestations, lies the essence; the ayin, the nothingness...

the "before" the word...

Jehovah, the demiurge, is an imperfect God; the half-child of Sophia... or so I have heard from rogue kabbalists... and while that imperfect wisdom puts everyone on the back foot, I'll add...

The kabbalah refers to ... a multifaceted God, manifested as the supposed sephira, Keter, the Crown, Hokmah, wisdom, Binah, Understanding, Geburah, severity, and gedullah, greatness, Tiferet, beauty, Nezach; victory, Hod, splendour, Malkut; the daughter of the kingdom... some kabbalists also include a "dark" gate; Da'ath, sat hovering betwixt Binah and Hokmah and a little below Keter -- this dar gate the ... gateway to the other tree, the tree with the poisoned fruits, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, as opposed to the tree of knowledge of God...

traditionally, the sun is not considered the God: in the kabbalistic schema, the Sun is Tiferet -- the Son, the... lesser Keter. Keter, the ... "boss/father" element, is "the head which is not", a crown, and not a head...

In most pre-christian religions, the Sun is only ever a Son; Llew, Ra, Surya -- all Gods, but Gods who are the sons of more important gods. In the kabbalah, the essence, God him/herself, is expressed in these... manifestations, these sefira, but God is the totality of the manifestation -- God is beyond the sefira, is the total of the sefira and yet the creator, not the sum of its parts...

...before the sefira, before the manifestations, lies the essence; the ayin, the nothingness...

the "before" the word...

UMMM JEHOVAH is half of the whole but the female counterpart is ONE with him as well as they are two and three and equal. So no hes not imperfect. I dont know where you got that from but its wrong.

Hi Sam Albion —

We would say before any 'beginning' there was Logos.

The first words of John repeat the first words of Scripture, but the Johannine scribe translates the Hebrew 're'shiyth' as 'en arche' which signifies a principial, not a temporal state. (I have read similar arguments for the Hebrew).

God the Son is referred to as Logos or Arche ... God the Father is referred to as 'Arche Anarchos' — the Principle without (above / beyond / before) Principle.

Jehovah, the demiurge ...
Well these terms don't really belong to the Christian Tradition. The latter is an import that was dismissed by theologians, the former is a recent fabrication.

is an imperfect God; the half-child of Sophia... or so I have heard from rogue kabbalists...
Some gnostics thought the same. It's easy to demonstrate the errors of their presuppositions when applied to Christian Revelation. A God, by definition, is self-subsisting and not the product of anything; a God cannot, be definition, be imperfect and God, by definition, can only be one ... the popular gnostic models are generally deeply flawed.

The kabbalah refers to ...
The kabbalah is a system and a construct, it's not what is ... not saying it's not useful, but one must be careful it doesn't become an idol.

... gateway to the other tree, the tree with the poisoned fruits, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, as opposed to the tree of knowledge of God...
We see it as one and the same tree ... the tree stands for 'principle' and the vertical axis ... there cannot be two principles any more than there can be two Absolutes, or two Gods.

God bless,

Thomas

You are understanding the existence area that is Jesus with Jehovah. Jehovah or Jesus as well as a lot of life exiting at the are of unity are together as one with two other process places (understanding perpetually and experiencing what God is experiencing and interested in now). The process place where Jesus resides forever is one of doing and saying. All life folds (within the Shepherd understanding) into one of the three areas. Every life is not to do what Jesus does as there is life that understands translation from God and life that understands God's current interest along with the current experience (state of feeling) of God. The unity of all three show what God has caused to be known about God thus far.

No JESUS is MICHAEL JEHOVAH all the family members have GODS name as a sir name.

There is GOD literally who is EL. Then there are the 10 Elohim. All Archangels. I am speaking in male terms. MICAHEL is first of the 10. Each ones name ends in EL. Then there are Angels. Notice no Arch but el at the end of the term.

Back