Let There Be Light and There Was Light

Interesting info . . . thanks.

For those who would like to read the rest of the article where donnann cut & pasted from . . . Here

Interesting info . . . thanks.

For those who would like to read the rest of the article where donnann cut & pasted from . . . Here

Of course I cut and pasted your not listening to me so I gave a reference.

You are the light of the world is a statement that is made to those who choose to become the son of man. Jesus said He is the light of the world so if He said His followers are as well, then His followers should carry on in His words as His Father sent Him,therefore becoming son of man, messiah. He gave me and those who follow Him, His mission, so I must walk in His steps.Like this;

I am the light of the world no one who comes to me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

The reason I was born and the reason I came into the world is to testify to the truth. Anyone committed to the truth hears my voice.

No disciple is above his teacher, no slave above his master.
It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, for the slave that he become like his master.

Whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.

All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Everything has been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone who does His wishes to reveal him.
Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you peace.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find peace for yourselves.
For my yoke is peaceful, and my burden is light.

It is written;

I will strengthen the house of Judah, the house of Joseph I will save; I will bring them back, because I have mercy on them, they shall be as though I had never cast them off, for I am the Lord, their God, and I will hear them.
I will strengthen them in the Lord, and they shall walk in his name, says the Lord.

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth, who have observed his law; Seek justice, seek humility; perhaps you may be sheltered on the day of the Lord’s anger.

Let him who is wise understand these things; let him who is prudent know them. Straight are the paths of the Lord, in them the just walk, but sinners stumble in them.

Sinners won't be allowed in the assembly of the righteous.

I am the good shepherd,Jesus and I are One, I know my sheep and my sheep know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Lord; To these sheep I will give my life..
I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.
This is why the Lord loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, I lay it down freely. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father."
The works I do in my Father's name testify to me.

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Lord's hand. The Lord and I are one.
If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me;
but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, put faith in the works, so that you may realize that the Lord is in me and I am in the Lord.
I am the resurrection and the life; anyone who believes in me, even though he died, he will come to life, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.

You are the light of the world is a statement that is made to those who choose to become the son of man. Jesus said He is the light of the world . . . yada yada yada

Interesting to note, the name "Lucifer" means "morning star"
Jesus reveals he is the Morning Star in Revelations 22:16.
Jesus = Lucifer - I knew I liked that guy!! :D

Interesting, Princely. Nice cut and paste. What do you believe it means?

Panta Rhei!
(Everything Flows!)

Princely Wrote;

It means what it says.

Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God.Seek and you shall find ,knock and the door will open, ask and you shall receive, for whoever seeks finds whoever knocks enters,whoever asks receives.The son of man finds, the son of man enters, the son of man receives. Follow the son of man,the prophet's of the Lord.

Thus says the Lord;

Psalms;
The wicked will not stand in judgment, nor sinners in the company of the just; for the Lord watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked will perish.

I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron, and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." 10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice before Him.

Offer just sacrifice, and trust in the Lord.

For the Lord is just; he loves just works; the upright shall behold his face.

Whoever acts in truth comes into the light, and clearly sees the works he does in God.

If only you recognized Gods gift, and who it is that’s speaking to you, you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water. Anyone who drinks the water I give him will never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a fountain inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

I do nothing on my own; I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just, because I’m not seeking my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I only say what the Lord has taught me.
For the one who sent me is with me. He has not deserted me, because I always do what pleases him.

Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me,
and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me.
I came into the world as its light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in the dark.
If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I‘ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day,
because I did not speak on my own, but the Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak.
And since I know that his commandment means eternal life. What I say is spoken just as he instructed me.

Princely Wrote;

Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God . . . etc.
Interesting is that when I was with the Temple of Set, there was much discussion concerning what I would call embracing the 'current' of Set or the current of the Black Flame, the Order I am currently with we talk about the Luciferian current.

What this means is that when one starts to 'look' for a certain 'current' one begins to see it in more and more things, if not everything eventually. Kinda like when you buy a new car . . . all of sudden you now realize how many people also drive the same car. ;)

Interesting is that when I was with the Temple of Set, there was much discussion concerning what I would call embracing the 'current' of Set or the current of the Black Flame, the Order I am currently with we talk about the Luciferian current.

What this means is that when one starts to 'look' for a certain 'current' one begins to see it in more and more things, if not everything eventually. Kinda like when you buy a new car . . . all of sudden you now realize how many people also drive the same car. ;)
Yep. This sort of thing can also lead to such things as biased "random" samples and such.

What this means is that when one starts to 'look' for a certain 'current' one begins to see it in more and more things, if not everything eventually.

Self-fulfilling prophecy? Power of positive thinking?

As kids, my mom always used to tell us, if we were complaining about going on a particular (long) car trip: if you think this trip is not going to be fun, it won't be. If you think this trip will be fun, it will be.

I am amazed how often I can apply that simple principle to my daily life as an adult. That's why I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy! If we look for "positive currents" that's what we will find. Conversely, if we look for "negative currents" that's what we will find.

Self-fulfilling prophecy? Power of positive thinking?

As kids, my mom always used to tell us, if we were complaining about going on a particular (long) car trip: if you think this trip is not going to be fun, it won't be. If you think this trip will be fun, it will be.

Couldn't that kind of thinking "backfire" or get "turned upside down?"

If the kids hate the idea, they might be surprised ....... perhaps they are angry at their parents and pretend they're annoyed. Deep inside they're loving it but don't want to admit it.

or if they have high expectations, they might be disappointed ...... a trip to Disneyland, for example, may turn out to be rather boring.

ben,

what exactly is your point here? you are, presumably, aware that jews cannot rely on christian religious texts to make theological arguments? you'd make a far better case for whatever it is you are trying to argue if you stuck to jewish texts.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Here is the reason why I have chosen to discuss Theology with Christians: Because of the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Besides, I consider vandalism of Judaism to pick up a Jew and to make of him a Greek demigod. You know the meaning of demigod, don't you? In Greek Mythology, it is about a son of god with an earthly woman. Since this is a distortion of Judaism in the sight of the nations, I am here to defend the Faith of Jesus, which you cannot deny was Judaism. Am I correct?
Ben

Well, bbrain, I think Ben is trying to make the point that Jesus came from a Jewish context and can best be understood as such.

Way to go, Bob! I couldn't have said any better. Thanks for the insight.
Ben

How does this help me love my neighbor as myself?

You can't. There is no way one can love another as he loves himself. BTW, the commandment is not to be interpreted as love but as respect. Love is an emotion. Emotions cannot be dictated upon, as there is no such thing as a commandment to love. To respect, yes. One can even be compelled to respect another but not to love.
Ben

In the Christian Tradition, the light is said to be intelligibility.

God bless,

Thomas

And so it is in Jewish tradition; but not in the context of Genesis 1:3. That was the first prophecy ever pronounced, and by the Almighty Himself.
Ben

You are the light of the world is a statement that is made to those who choose to become the son of man. Jesus said He is the light of the world so if He said His followers are as well, then His followers should carry on in His words as His Father sent Him,therefore becoming son of man, messiah. He gave me and those who follow Him, His mission, so I must walk in His steps.Like this;

I am the light of the world no one who comes to me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

The reason I was born and the reason I came into the world is to testify to the truth. Anyone committed to the truth hears my voice.

No disciple is above his teacher, no slave above his master.
It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, for the slave that he become like his master.

Whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.

All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Everything has been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone who does His wishes to reveal him.
Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you peace.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find peace for yourselves.
For my yoke is peaceful, and my burden is light.

I am the good shepherd,Jesus and I are One, I know my sheep and my sheep know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Lord; To these sheep I will give my life..
I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.
This is why the Lord loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, I lay it down freely. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father."
The works I do in my Father's name testify to me.

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Lord's hand. The Lord and I are one.
If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me;
but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, put faith in the works, so that you may realize that the Lord is in me and I am in the Lord.
I am the resurrection and the life; anyone who believes in me, even though he died, he will come to life, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.

Jesus spoke as part of the People of Israel. BTW, when he was delivering his Sermon of the Mount to a crowd of Jews, he said, "You are the light of the world." That's in Mat. 5:14.
Ben

Ben - I'm assuming you don't have any children?

I do. I have two boys. What's your next question, if I love them as I love myself? Of course not! Why? I don't know. That's in the nature of being human. Would I die for them? No, I would not; but I would fight for them. And there is an enormous difference between diying and fighting for another.
Ben

I do. I have two boys. What's your next question, if I love them as I love myself? Of course not! Why? I don't know. That's in the nature of being human. Would I die for them? No, I would not; but I would fight for them. And there is an enormous difference between diying and fighting for another.

As for me, if I was handcuffed and had to choose between my life and the life of my children, I would die for them. Personally, I would say I love my children more than myself. YMMV.

As for me, if I was handcuffed and had to choose between my life and the life of my children, I would die for them. Personally, I would say I love my children more than myself. YMMV.

Hey IG, you are being too hypothetical and romantic. I don't think you are in tune with reality. To test what you say, picture in your mind locked up in an iron cage with a child of yours and being fed 5 grams of food once a day. Suddenly, the feeder misses coming for a week. If you have not eaten your own child by then, you will fight it like a wild beast for that meager morsel of 5 grams of food. Am I being gruesome? I don't think so.
Ben

Back