Different Christian perspectives

Orthodox and Catholics believe it grew as a branch of Judaism.

Matthew 13:41 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;" Is this what you are talking about?

That sounds like a feasible explanation of the passage if you can explain it. What does changing a man's name from 'Simon' to 'Peter' have to do with it?
Peter supports his church and carries on the knowledge and traditions. The woman is the actual church. It amazes me how everything is soo male oriented they forget about the female aspect. We are half of everything.

Orthodox and Catholics believe it grew as a branch of Judaism.

Matthew 13:41 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;" Is this what you are talking about?

That sounds like a feasible explanation of the passage if you can explain it. What does changing a man's name from 'Simon' to 'Peter' have to do with it?

Dear Dream,
The protestants believe that "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." is the rock the church is built on. The Catholics believe that "you are Peter (little rock), and upon this rock I will build My church". Of course, as usual, they are both wrong. The "rock" the church is built on is the "Spirit of Revelation" which is the testimony of Yeshua (Rev 19:10)(Mt 7:24), as the following quote asserts: ""Blessed are you, simon Barjonas, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven..., and upon this rock I will build my church;" (Mt 16:16-18)

As for calling Simon, Peter, Yeshua came to fulfill Scripture, and the Scripture fulfilled was Is 22:15-25, whereas Is 22:25 explains the ending, whereas "In that day," declares the Lord of hosts, "the peg driven in a firm place will give way,; it will even break off and fall, and the load hanging on it will be cut off, for the Lord has spoken". The heir of Peter, the pope, who is described in the verse as having the keys of David, and a "resting place in the rock" will give way, and all hanging on him will cut off. (Mt 16:16-18) is also the setting up of the fulfillment of Ze 11, but that is for another day.

Dear Dream,
The protestants believe that "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." is the rock the church is built on. The Catholics believe that "you are Peter (little rock), and upon this rock I will build My church". Of course, as usual, they are both wrong. The "rock" the church is built on is the "Spirit of Revelation" which is the testimony of Yeshua (Rev 19:10)(Mt 7:24), as the following quote asserts: ""Blessed are you, simon Barjonas, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven..., and upon this rock I will build my church;" (Mt 16:16-18)

As for calling Simon, Peter, Yeshua came to fulfill Scripture, and the Scripture fulfilled was Is 22:15-25, whereas Is 22:25 explains the ending, whereas "In that day," declares the Lord of hosts, "the peg driven in a firm place will give way,; it will even break off and fall, and the load hanging on it will be cut off, for the Lord has spoken". The heir of Peter, the pope, who is described in the verse as having the keys of David, and a "resting place in the rock" will give way, and all hanging on him will cut off. (Mt 16:16-18) is also the setting up of the fulfillment of Ze 11, but that is for another day.
Actually jesus literally told peter he was the rock. It is the spirit of revelation through a man who was told to carry on that spirit of revelation. It amazes me how people can disagree yet they are saying the same thing.

Actually jesus literally told peter he was the rock. It is the spirit of revelation through a man who was told to carry on that spirit of revelation. It amazes me how people can disagree yet they are saying the same thing.

Dear donna,
Actually, Yeshua renamed Simon BarJonas, "Pebble", or little rock. That was done for several reasons. The humorous reason being that a very little rock is a sand particle. Per Mt 7:26, anyone who doesn't build their house on heeding Yeshua's message, such as following the lead of the Pontiff, which is a term for the man in charge of the Roman gods, who is supposedly the heir of Peter, will fall.

The primary Scriptural reason is to fulfill Is 22, whereas the guy who has carved himself "a resting place in the rock", and hold the keys of David, whereas "when he opens no one will shut", will eventually "break off", and anyone hanging on him will be "cut off".

The secondary Scriptural reason is to fulfill Ze 11, whereas Peter is the second staff, taken to shepherd the "flock doomed to slaughter", and is referred to as "the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his right arm". Peter, who cut a guys ear off with his sword, who left the flock in Jerusalem to go to Rome, and whose heir carries "the equipment of a foolish shepherd", such as the pope's shepherd's staff. As if the wolf in sheep's clothing, needs a staff to beat off wolves.

No, I don't think I have said the same thing as you.
That "Spirit of Revelation" is the testimony of Yeshua (Rev 19:10), not the leadership of the keeper of the gods of Rome. Yeshua called Peter a "Stumbling Block" and Satan. Peter denied Yeshua 3 times. Like our fearless leader ,Obamastumble, Peter had some ego, and other problems.

You two are all over the place, you should make one or two threads on your own and keep the discussions where you know how to find it. If nothing else, I happen to know this is not the intended topic of this thread.

Dear donna,
Actually, Yeshua renamed Simon BarJonas, "Pebble", or little rock. That was done for several reasons. The humorous reason being that a very little rock is a sand particle. Per Mt 7:26, anyone who doesn't build their house on heeding Yeshua's message, such as following the lead of the Pontiff, which is a term for the man in charge of the Roman gods, who is supposedly the heir of Peter, will fall.

The primary Scriptural reason is to fulfill Is 22, whereas the guy who has carved himself "a resting place in the rock", and hold the keys of David, whereas "when he opens no one will shut", will eventually "break off", and anyone hanging on him will be "cut off".

The secondary Scriptural reason is to fulfill Ze 11, whereas Peter is the second staff, taken to shepherd the "flock doomed to slaughter", and is referred to as "the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his right arm". Peter, who cut a guys ear off with his sword, who left the flock in Jerusalem to go to Rome, and whose heir carries "the equipment of a foolish shepherd", such as the pope's shepherd's staff. As if the wolf in sheep's clothing, needs a staff to beat off wolves.

No, I don't think I have said the same thing as you.
That "Spirit of Revelation" is the testimony of Yeshua (Rev 19:10), not the leadership of the keeper of the gods of Rome. Yeshua called Peter a "Stumbling Block" and Satan. Peter denied Yeshua 3 times. Like our fearless leader ,Obamastumble, Peter had some ego, and other problems.

I strongly disagree. When building a temple you place stones and I believe Jesus was referring to the building of the temple through peter. A living temple or living gospel. The catholic church was built through this concept and the pope is peters successor. The new pope is doing a pretty good job in my opinion.

I strongly disagree. When building a temple you place stones and I believe Jesus was referring to the building of the temple through peter. A living temple or living gospel. The catholic church was built through this concept and the pope is peters successor. The new pope is doing a pretty good job in my opinion.
And I say to thee. thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18 I think the term the gates of hell shall not prevail against us tells you its suppose to be a church that isn't contradictory to jesus or god.

Back