Hello from Australia

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I have decided to join this Forum to meet some like minded and perhaps not so like minded people to discuss and ponder with.

I have recently stumbled upon Unitarianism and have become increasingly excited about the principals on which it operates.

I attend a Christian church but do not identify as a Christian. I do believe there is a God which oversees to goings on in the Universe but whether he she or it takes any kind of Physical form i am not sure.

I also beleive in the basic teachings that are laid out in the Bible and other forms of religious text i have read (mostly Buddhist scripture) as a way to live a happy and healthy life. However i beleive that those words and teachings have been twisted and taken out of context by human kind to suit the agenda and interests of those who seek power and influence.

To top it off i beleive in evolution that was brought forward by an original creator (insert God here).

The body is certainly a temporary vessel that we simply exist in for this life and is of no use to us in any other realm or dimension.

Extraterrestrial life is certain and to think not is arrogant!

I am very open minded and accept all faiths and beleifs as long as they are also open to accepting others faiths and beleifs!

Anyway at the risk of turning this into an essay, thank you for reading and very nice to meet you all :)

Oh and i am also open to simulated reality (the hypothesis that reality could be simulated) just to make things even broader!

Hello, 1980.
1980 said:
Extraterrestrial life is certain and to think not is arrogant!
!?What?! You mean if I merely think that its not certain, then I'm arrogant?

I am very open minded and accept all faiths and beleifs as long as they are also open to accepting others faiths and beleifs!
Yay! What if my belief involves no extraterrestrials? he heh heh

Anyway at the risk of turning this into an essay, thank you for reading and very nice to meet you all :)

Oh and i am also open to simulated reality (the hypothesis that reality could be simulated) just to make things even broader!
Oh, I invented that.

I have decided to join this Forum to meet some like minded and perhaps not so like minded people to discuss and ponder with.
Good. You might laugh but at first I misread this line and thought you wanted to cuss and ponder with us.

I have recently stumbled upon Unitarianism and have become increasingly excited about the principals on which it operates.
I don't know anything about unitarianism, but other people here do.

Hello, 1980.
!?What?! You mean if I merely think that its not certain, then I'm arrogant?

Yay! What if my belief involves no extraterrestrials? he heh heh

Oh, I invented that.

Good. You might laugh but at first I misread this line and thought you wanted to cuss and ponder with us.

I don't know anything about unitarianism, but other people here do.

Excellent! You may be just the person to cuss and ponder with!

What is defined as extraterrestrial life? God or an over seeing spirit would fit my definition :)

1980 said:
What is defined as extraterrestrial life? God or an over seeing spirit would fit my definition :)
Not mine. I do a fair amount of discussion about bible verses, so that would be inconvenient. First of all defining God is not compatible with it. The moment you have defined God as 'Extraterrestrial' you've already stepped outside of the Bible realms, since you have defined God. On the other hand I wouldn't specify that God couldn't be extraterrestrial, because then that would also define God. Could angels be extraterrestrial? Meh, probably not. Earth is a wonderfully amazing place, and it will be hard for any place else to compete with us. Could we be extraterrestrial? Maybe. Perhaps we are actually Martian or something. That is a popular theory right now.

Welcome 1980....gad it must be a long way to Australia it took you over three decades to get here...

But yeah...I enjoy every visit to Unitarian churches...and whenever I take the test at beliefnet I rank high in agreeing with Unitarians and Liberal Quakers... I think I am a practicing Unitic but beliefnet says not.

I look forward to circumablulating thought and concepts....as I do with others...but warning, others don't always enjoy circumambulating with me.

Yes it did take a while! It was littered with stops along the way in the UK, Europe and Asia.

also thanks for mentioning beliefnet, I'm on my way over there now.

As for circumambulating I have no idea what that means so we'll get along just fine :)

("...welcome to interfaith forum..." went the goblin quickly adding "...look, please don't worry that there are philosophers on this forum amongst the normal posters here, no they mean well I'm sure just that at times it all goes hideously wrong as they then lapse in those soliloquies like someone who gets an elliptic fit where everyone else pretends not to notice while their post gets ever longer, and where in fact most people are thinking "gosh oh help no, this has to be a philosopher here, so what do I do now, I mean what would president obama do in my place then, surely I should call those homeland security people about a possible surgical strike with an unmanned drone"...", in fact, the goblin might have exaggerated the situation somewhat, yet he didn't want the poster to be caught unaware of the danger, as lapsing into philosophy could be sudden and could happen even to the best of people too, not only those here it seems)

Back