Origin of Big Bang

Nothingtoknow

Reaction score
I saw the scientists were Euphoric on inventing a new theory to explain the origins of Big Bang ..or something like that.

This used to fascinate me for a long time.

I then realised the futility of this. What does one want to prove and what does one do by knowing the answers? It's either Big Bang happened or it didn't.

Why use mathematical equations to prove or disprove something which happened 17 billion years ago.

Although I don't believe in God, perhaps it's easier to believe that god created the Big Bang rather than the mathematical equations!!

Maths has always been a complete mystery to me, thank goodness for calculators!

So, there was nothing before Big Bang
Then Big Bang from nothing.
Then gravity formed which in turn gave shape to galaxies etc...
And my mere chance the ash or smoke combined in different permutations and formed DNA and life
That life evolved to form humans with a thinking brain
That brain invented mathematics to prove its origin?
Those who could not , invented God...

I saw the scientists were Euphoric on inventing a new theory to explain the origins of Big Bang ..or something like that.

This used to fascinate me for a long time.

I then realised the futility of this. What does one want to prove and what does one do by knowing the answers? It's either Big Bang happened or it didn't.

Why use mathematical equations to prove or disprove something which happened 17 billion years ago.

Although I don't believe in God, perhaps it's easier to believe that god created the Big Bang rather than the mathematical equations!!

Geez, the world has been thrust into eternal chaos.... I actually agree with Nothingtoknow! I personally believe that, 'The Big Bang Theory' is yet another of man's futile attempts to explain God's creation, but honestly, even if you don't believe that, I fail to see much benefit in trying to figure out the mechanics of it all. Eventually, we'll all get the big picture anyway. Why drive ourselves crazy with the details now?

Even if one thinks a deity created the universe, you still have to explain who created the deity.

Even if one thinks a deity created the universe, you still have to explain who created the deity.

Christian and Hindu scripture already does that for us. God is devoid of material mass and was not created. God always was and will always be with no beginning and no end.

Christian and Hindu scripture already does that for us. God is devoid of material mass and was not created. God always was and will always be with no beginning and no end.

I would call that god, 'Nature' an expression of energy of some sort.

It will be impossible for man to conceive it, its purpose (if there is one) and its relation to humans and animals.

Scriptures of all shape and forms, I think, is man's interpretation of imagination, observation and communication. Its to fit 'cause and effect' belief and to create a meaning of randomness, chaos and order.

I would call that god, 'Nature' an expression of energy of some sort.

It will be impossible for man to conceive it, its purpose (if there is one) and its relation to humans and animals.

Scriptures of all shape and forms, I think, is man's interpretation of imagination, observation and communication. Its to fit 'cause and effect' belief and to create a meaning of randomness, chaos and order.

Oddly enough, I do not disagree with you. I think everyone to some degree or the other does whatever is necessary to rationalize their own beliefs in order to make the unexplainable more palatable.

That is not an explanation at all and makes no sense, imo. For a deity to exist it would have to have a beginning.

For a deity to exist it would have to have a beginning.
Not at all. Flawed logic: you're assuming a deity is a thing like other things.

The West has been working with the definition of a deity as uncreate, without beginning and without end, for thousands of years now. The east the same.

Not at all. Flawed logic: you're assuming a deity is a thing like other things.

The West has been working with the definition of a deity as uncreate, without beginning and without end, for thousands of years now. The east the same.

It still doesn't make any sense to me! Just because some believe the deity, if it exists, to have always been there doesn't mean it that thought process as any logic to it.

Ntk, that is about the most awful summation of what happened I have ever read! lol. Scientists were not inventing some new theory to explain something, they detected evidence that gave strong support for a theory that has been around for 30 years.

Here is one article on the discovery:

Big bang waves: direct evidence of universe's extraordinary expansion (+video) - CSMonitor.com

As science this is indeed very exciting. It saddens me that every time science examines The Beginning it has to always collapse into 'It was God/There is no God' camps.

This discovery, like every other discovery science has made, neither proves nor disproves the existence of God(s). There is no more proof - and no less proof of deities after this discovery than there was before.

Ntk, that is about the most awful summation of what happened I have ever read! lol. Scientists were not inventing some new theory to explain something, they detected evidence that gave strong support for a theory that has been around for 30 years.

Big bang waves: direct evidence of universe's extraordinary expansion (+video) - CSMonitor.com

As science this is indeed very exciting. It saddens me that every time science examines The Beginning it has to always collapse into 'It was God/There is no God' camps.

This discovery, like every other discovery science has made, neither proves nor disproves the existence of God(s). There is no more proof - and no less proof of deities after this discovery than there was before.

I agree with you. Whilst it is improbable that any of the deities worshipped by humans actually exist, it doesn't rule out entirely the possibility that a superior being could exist in another dimension.

It still doesn't make any sense to me! Just because some believe the deity, if it exists, to have always been there doesn't mean it that thought process as any logic to it.
It likewise makes no sense to attempt to apply human logic to things that are beyond human understanding.

It likewise makes no sense to attempt to apply human logic to things that are beyond human understanding.

Ah but is anything beyond human understanding? If we don't understand something now, we will eventually as our knowledge continues to evolve. It is quite possible there are other humanoids, more evolved than we are, around the universe and they might have it all sussed.

Ah but is anything beyond human understanding? If we don't understand something now, we will eventually as our knowledge continues to evolve. It is quite possible there are other humanoids, more evolved than we are, around the universe and they might have it all sussed.
LOL!!! If there is they're not members of this forum... lol!

I wish I could give you some rep for this one, but I seem to have been playing favourite a while.

I wish people here would pause before assuming they they are the benchmark of knowledge, wisdom, insight and understanding ... we get it, that you don't get it. But please don't be so tiresome about it.

And what possesses you to think that just because you don't get it, it can't be got, sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

Oh, and the Big Bang theory was first put forward by a Catholic Priest, so can we knock this 'science v religion' bullcrap on the head as well? And have you ever heard of John Polkinghorne? Or ... good grief, it's a long list.

Back