Pope Francis says baptism is for all, even Martians

Just my cynical nature I suppose, but seems the church is trying to up the collection plate proceeds. I mean why limit yourself to earth when there's a whole solar system out there to raid? :D

not funny the catholic church follows jesus just as paul did

Pope Francis says baptism is for all, even Martians | The Japan Times

"Pope Francis on Monday declared that everyone has the right to be baptized, even aliens, should they come knocking on the church’s door.

"Christians cannot “close the door” to all those who seek baptism even if they are “green men, with a long nose and big ears, like children draw,” the pope said at his daily mass, according to Vatican Radio."

(cont.)
I have been baptized at birth in the catholic church, then in the late 1980s excommunicated for having had an abortion. Now I am a freelancer, I suppose, and can go to any church I want. I used to attend mass at a nearby Presbyterian church and I liked the sermons for addressing down-to-earth, everyday issues.

I suppose the next step is baptizing animals. (Does anyone know of a church where they baptize animals...?)
Did you know that in some circumstances you can baptize? I once baptized a little girl because her family would not

I suppose the next step is baptizing animals. (Does anyone know of a church where they baptize animals...?)

The Ecumenical Fellowship of Sheepranchers

JR0721-5.jpg

I have a friend who participates in animal baptisms and blessings annually....but is the above a sheep baptism or flea/scabies bath?

I have a friend who participates in animal baptisms and blessings annually....but is the above a sheep baptism or flea/scabies bath?

Maybe they're just killing two birds with one stone.
Would be a economical and practical way to perform other animal baptisms too.
I've even know a few humans who would benefit. ;)

Back