God for atheists, agnostics, doubters, religious humanists and others

Shibolet , No one has been able to tell you something that makes sense to you. Which would be a difficult chore to accomplish as you have already made up your mind what makes sense versus what does not.

Tell me something GK, how about yourself, haven't you also made up your mind about your atheist faith?

Shibolet, that is your version of logic at work again. Your entire statement is the classic version of circular reasoning. How do you know for an absolute, irrefutable fact that matter cannot cause itself to exist? You can't. And you dismiss out of hand any theories that show matter might indeed be able to can cause itself to exist. Why? Because you have already made up your mind on the issue. You believe matter cannot cause itself to exist, therefor matter cannot cause itself to exist.

Are you able to prove me otherwise? No, you are not and you won't try because you know you will fail. Do you understand the meaning of "Verbal juggling that makes no sense?" That's what you all have to say with no evidence to the opposite.

Shibolet, There is not just one Truth. There are many truths. And logic has nothing to do with the truth. Logic is a process to arrive at conclusions.

Again, verbal juggling. You deny that Logic has nothing to do with the truth and next give Logic as the process to arrive at conclusions. That's a definition for the truth.

Shibolet said "Can you prove a theory to be a fact? No, you can't."
Of course I can. I can prove hundreds of theories to be fact. Let's take a wild one just for fun. A real science fiction one. There is a theory that there is this stuff called anti-matter, which has the exact opposite charges in it's atoms from normal matter. It has long been theorized that this opposite matter exists, but we did not have the technology to know for sure until relatively recently. Now we do and that is a theory that is now a fact.

That's another classic evidence of verbal juggling that makes no sense. The attempt at proving science fiction to be a fact. Only among atheists can fiction be a fact. That's enough for one to rest his case.

Have you ever heard of, or had a PET scan? It is an imaging process to scan the brain. Do you know how it works? The machine fires tiny amounts of anti-matter into your head; catches the resulting places where that anti-matter hits matter and annihilates both. The result is gamma rays which is what the machine tracts to perform its imaging.

Nice try my friend, but it didn't impressed me. I work with CT, PET scan, and MRI. Photon radiation is sent through the brain, screen the brain cells and project unto the medium for a successful diagnosis. You did not have to go through the motion of science fiction to try to impress me. BTW, before I forget, what does it have to do with the logical fact that matter cannot cause itself to exist? Are you trying to discard the point of the thread?

A guess became a theory that became a fact.

And never ceased to be called a theory aka guess.

Shibolet, Well one truth may be found this way. It is hardly the only truth. And this is why we are so far apart in the way we think. You have determined that there is but one truth. You have determined that your one truth can only be found by esoteric research on Scripture. These are determinations you have chosen to be the only truths. You made that choice.

"Truths" that cease to be true when some thing more akin to the truth comes up could never be called to be true. Real Truth is infallible, unchangeable and unique.

And if you were on this site saying that this was what your truth was, I would be fine with that. You are not. You are here telling all the rest of us your truth is the only truth for everyone. With that I am not fine at all.

Now, you have been caught slandering. I have never said here that what is true to me must be the same for every one. You have all the right in the world to claim your version of the Truth. But the Truth I believe to be true is the only Truth to me. Now, please, do not distort my words. I said "to me and not to every one." Now, that you are trying to make me adopt your truth, I believe I have the same right.

No need to joke?
No, you are not and you won't try because you know you will fail.
lol, you are correct.... no need to joke at all.

no need to even converse, it ain't verbal juggling when you are participating in verbal masturbation.

No need to joke? lol, you are correct.... no need to joke at all.

no need to even converse, it ain't verbal juggling when you are participating in verbal masturbation.

Well, verbal juggling is akin to verbal masturbation when it produces nothing useful to learn from.

Quote Shibolet: Tell me something GK, how about yourself, haven't you also made up your mind about your atheist faith?

There is no such thing as an ‘atheist faith’. And why do you assume I am an atheist in the first place? I am a Deist. Thank you very much!

Quote Shibolet: Are you able to prove me otherwise? No, you are not and you won't try because you know you will fail. Do you understand the meaning of "Verbal juggling that makes no sense?" That's what you all have to say with no evidence to the opposite.

It is humorous to me that you and I both believe we are speaking from the point of logic, and yet we both agree the other has no concept of what logic is. A failure of communication at the most basic level.

Quote Shibolet: Again, verbal juggling. You deny that Logic has nothing to do with the truth and next give Logic as the process to arrive at conclusions. That's a definition for the truth.

I am terrible at juggling; verbal or otherwise. You are misquoting what I have stated though. I never denied that logic has nothing to do with truth. I have stated that your logic makes no sense to me. And I still stand by my previous comment that there are many truths, not just one.

Quote Gordian Knot:
Shibolet said "Can you prove a theory to be a fact? No, you can't."

Quote Gordian Knot:
Of course I can. I can prove hundreds of theories to be fact. Let's take a wild one just for fun. A real science fiction one. There is a theory that there is this stuff called anti-matter, which has the exact opposite charges in it's atoms from normal matter. It has long been theorized that this opposite matter exists, but we did not have the technology to know for sure until relatively recently. Now we do and that is a theory that is now a fact.

Quote Shibolet: That's another classic evidence of verbal juggling that makes no sense. The attempt at proving science fiction to be a fact. Only among atheists can fiction be a fact. That's enough for one to rest his case.

Oh I think it is more than just atheists who can claim fiction as a fact. Most of what you say is fiction from my world view. You base your ‘facts’ on a tome that you have preordained as the truth. Then go on to use samples from your tome to prove you have the truth.

Quote Shibolet: Nice try my friend, but it didn't impressed me. I work with CT, PET scan, and MRI. Photon radiation is sent through the brain, screen the brain cells and project unto the medium for a successful diagnosis. You did not have to go through the motion of science fiction to try to impress me. BTW, before I forget, what does it have to do with the logical fact that matter cannot cause itself to exist? Are you trying to discard the point of the thread?

Quote from Clear Science website as to how a PET scan works:
Antimatter is used practically in medical imaging. A PET scan stands for Positron Emission Tomography, and as we know a positron is a particle of antimatter. During a PET scan, a molecule very much like glucose (sugar) called FDG or Fludeoxyglucose (18F) is put into the body. This molecule is like glucose, so it goes where ever glucose would go. However, it has a fluorine-18 isotope in it, which emits positrons.
So positrons leave the FDG, but positrons are antimatter and annihilate anytime they encounter an electron (which is matter). This happens, and gamma photons are produced. These gamma photons can be detected outside the body. So, the annihilation event between matter and antimatter can be used to map where the FDG goes and how much of it there is.

So first of all, my explanation that a PET scan uses antimatter is not false. Nor is this answer derailing the thread. You tasked me to prove that a theory can be a fact. This example was my response to your challenge.

Quote Gordian Knot:
A guess became a theory that became a fact.
Quote Shibolet: And never ceased to be called a theory aka guess.

Although it is hard for me to believe, you apparently have no idea what a scientific theory is. Plenty of scientific theories have been proven to be facts. They may have started as guesses but with enough testing they have been proven to be fact. Hence my example above.

Quote Shibolet: "Truths" that cease to be true when some thing more akin to the truth comes up could never be called to be true. Real Truth is infallible, unchangeable and unique.

Oooookay. So how does one identify Real Truth from common truths. What process do you use to come by your answer. You have no answer to this question Shib. At least not one you have shown on this site as of yet. You have claimed to have a text that you have defined as the Real Truth and then gone on to use examples from that text to prove your truths. Your logic only works if one accepts blindly that your first premise is true. That the particular text you use is the Real Truth.

Quote Shibolet: Now, you have been caught slandering. I have never said here that what is true to me must be the same for every one. You have all the right in the world to claim your version of the Truth. But the Truth I believe to be true is the only Truth to me. Now, please, do not distort my words. I said "to me and not to every one." Now, that you are trying to make me adopt your truth, I believe I have the same right.

Technically it is libel. Slander is for comments spoken out loud. It is neither if the comment is the truth. I based my comment on the many comments you have made in your posts about how there is but one truth. Your truth. The rest of us are wrong. You have stated it over and over again. You have never said it is the truth just for you. Till now.

Back