God and Soul in Quantum Theory. / by Socratus /

With every new science discovery there are folks that try to take their religious texts and show how it was there written all along....

It is interesting reading watching the apologists of all varieties do this since Darwin...

With every new science discovery there are folks
that try to take their religious texts and show how it was there written all along....

It is interesting reading watching the apologists of all varieties do this since Darwin...
Correct. For example.
"Proofs of God in a photon "
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/proofs-of-god-in-a-photon-1527306.html
#
God and Religious Toleration / The proof of God
Part: God and Quantum Physics
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/God_and_Religious_Toleration/The_proof_of_God#God
. . . . .
. . . . . . etc.
It means that the tendency to understand "God" by physical laws,
formulas, equations using today the Quantum Theory never will be ended.
===…

Wish I could accept any of this, Soc. It unfortunately is all bogus. It is bogus because it takes modern concepts of particle physics and attaches completely non-scientific properties to those concepts. Gods in general and religions in particular can not, and will never be provable by science.

It is bogus because it takes modern concepts of particle physics and attaches completely non-scientific properties to those concepts.
Exactly. When Scripture speaks of 'light', it does so in an allegorical sense, that is beyond question.

Gods in general and religions in particular can not, and will never be provable by science.
Quite.

Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form.
They do not know My transcendental nature
and My supreme dominion over all that be.
/ Bhagavad Gita, chapter 9, text 11 /
===. . .

Attachments

• God is deist.jpg
    God is deist.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 343
I think advanced physicists have peered all around the circumference of physicality and are now looking squarely at their own backside as a result.

Didn't Einstein say "Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them."?

A shift of some sort is going to have to happen or the reasoning will remain nonsensically circular with the observer inextricably linked to the observed which is anathema to the normal mode with which the human mind operates.

I believe there is a singularity.
But I also believe it is inconceivable.

Which, to me, is not a problem since the heart has always known what minds cannot even begin to successfully ask.

If G!d is real....it should become apparent at some point in time... If we think science will never prove the existence of G!d, then it seems to me G!d doesn't exist.

If G!d is real....it should become apparent at some point in time... If we think science will never prove the existence of G!d, then it seems to me G!d doesn't exist.
You're assuming a God that fits the axioms of science.

Just to backtrack, metaphysics and theology are 'sciences', whether fashionable or not is another matter. God is 'apparent' to followers of those sciences.

I assume we're talking about the natural or empirical sciences.

God by definition lies outside the scope of the natural sciences, ergo they can never prove God.

Take 'Enlightenment', how will science prove that?

If science can observe God, God need to have a physical component. There are many ideas of a god that exists outside it's creation.

Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington wrote:
" The Reasons of a modern science give, maybe
the opportunity to make the conclusion
that the religion became acceptable
for sensible scientific mind, since 1927."
My conclusion.
a) Everything is possible that is not forbidden by Physics' laws.
b) What was possible yesterday it is impossible today and
what is impossible today can be possible tomorrow.

(for example: the Earth is flat because if Earth is a sphere then
the people on the other side of the sphere cannot walk or
the origin of the universe was begun from Big Bang because
before was a singular point.)
======…

G!d needs to have physical component? I am not well educated... but light, electricity, do they have a physical component? Does gravitational pull? they act on and thru physicality...

a) Everything is possible that is not forbidden by Physics' laws.
b) What was possible yesterday it is impossible today and
what is impossible today can be possible tomorrow.

What is impossible today MAY be possible tomorrow. Your conclusion might turn out to be possible or it might not. Because other things we thought were impossible turned out to be possible does not guarantee all things we find impossible will turn out possible.

G!d needs to have physical component? I am not well educated... but light, electricity, do they have a physical component? Does gravitational pull? they act on and thru physicality...

You are thinking of physical as a collection of atoms? I'm speaking of the physical reality we occupy, light, electricity and gravity can all me measured and they all originate out of the relationship between matter and energy. Light is particles and/waves, electricity is the movement of electrons and gravity is the force all matter have on other matter, it just needs to be massive enough to be noticeable.

Everything about God exists in our hearts and minds, no? I'm not saying it is any less real, just not measurable.

God is a greatest code – maker.
But, as every code, God's code also can be cracked with the right key.
In my opinion the right key has two formulas.
The one is - T = - 273, 15 . . . .
The second is – c/d = 3,14 . . . .
Using this key somebody, after strict analysis, can discover
who God is,
where God is,
how the God created the Existence.
=========….

Back