Do you pray for Restaurant meals?

the quote attributed to Ghandi.... I like your Christ, I wish your Christians were more like your Christ... comes to mind....

folks wonder why....
I like that, and I completely agree.

Unfortunately, unless the enemies that our government has made, Unless their religions true meaning were reciprocated, we would be sitting ducks waiting to be picked off.
And I have no clue what this has to do with the line of discussion... and really not sure I understand the argument either way

There have been a couple of studies done in attempts to compare religiousity to tipping. If you search on google, you'll find them. Nothing definitively conclusive either way, as far as I could tell. The general consensus was religion or lack of it had little bearing on tipping.

I like that, and I completely agree.

And I have no clue what this has to do with the line of discussion... and really not sure I understand the argument either way

It was a response to Christians being more like Christ, If we were passive and did nothing but love our brother we would perish.

I respectfully disagree...Perish? Christians? What makes you say this?

The US responds with an eye vs half a dozen eyes in our lust for vengeance, but that has nothing to do with being Christian (I hope) more to do with our zeal for control. We are 73% Christian...Brazil 90%, Mexico 92%, their defense budgets are a small percentage of ours...Their Christians aren't attacked and they aren't attacking the world... Unless yet again I've misinterpreted what you are saying.

I respectfully disagree...Perish? Christians? What makes you say this?

The US responds with an eye vs half a dozen eyes in our lust for vengeance, but that has nothing to do with being Christian (I hope) more to do with our zeal for control. We are 73% Christian...Brazil 90%, Mexico 92%, their defense budgets are a small percentage of ours...Their Christians aren't attacked and they aren't attacking the world... Unless yet again I've misinterpreted what you are saying.

The U.S. Is not a Christian Country Wil according to our Government. We are being attacked from every angle and Christians seem to offend everyone that isn't Christian.

Attacked from every angle? Keep the fear alive my brother.... we lost 3k in 9/11 due to our involvement in afghanistan against the Russians... but you know that...then we went over there in retribution...not justice, vengeance...and lost thrice that...and now due to our illegal actions we are losing 22 vets a day to suicide because they don't want to live anymore with what they've done...and a hundred thousand permanently disabled...and killed a hundred thousand of 'theirs'...innocent civilians who just wanted to make a living....oh...and made 1000x more people hate us and become radicalized in the process...all so we can say we are attacked from every angle...

big picture...we'd be safer if after 9/11 we were to ask...WWJD...and turn the other cheek...ask for justice and say forgive them for they know not what they do... the world would have got Bin Laden and his cronies for us....there wouldn't be an extraordinary rendition issue, or a gitmo issue, or 30k young men and women dead on our side, or 100k disabled.... we are our own worst enemy....but you knew that.

Our country has been at war...for 95% of its existence....and much of that time not protecting our shores but taking land, occupying others, manifest destiny G!d told us so (even Bush in Iraq...what an embarrassment)...I'd gladly pop a blood vessel... if we'd quit being war mongers...

Sorry wil, I don't think your poping blood vessels will help. I'd pop some of my own if I thought it would.

Reactions: wil
When I first read this thread's headline, "Do you pray for Restaurant meals?" my thought was "No, I pray for world peace." :rolleyes:

Seriously, the best prayer before a meal I ever heard was "May we be worthy of heaven, and earth, and all those who toiled to create this food."

I suppose it wouldn't be impolite to pray before eating in a restaurant as long as you did it quietly and didn't try to get others to join you.

Attacked from every angle? Keep the fear alive my brother.... we lost 3k in 9/11 due to our involvement in afghanistan against the Russians... but you know that...then we went over there in retribution...not justice, vengeance...and lost thrice that...and now due to our illegal actions we are losing 22 vets a day to suicide because they don't want to live anymore with what they've done...and a hundred thousand permanently disabled...and killed a hundred thousand of 'theirs'...innocent civilians who just wanted to make a living....oh...and made 1000x more people hate us and become radicalized in the process...all so we can say we are attacked from every angle...

big picture...we'd be safer if after 9/11 we were to ask...WWJD...and turn the other cheek...ask for justice and say forgive them for they know not what they do... the world would have got Bin Laden and his cronies for us....there wouldn't be an extraordinary rendition issue, or a gitmo issue, or 30k young men and women dead on our side, or 100k disabled.... we are our own worst enemy....but you knew that.

Perhaps Wil, Perhaps to turn the other cheek and be attacked again and again. We don't have the luxury of say Switzerland or Luxemburg that we can remain neutral and not to some extent be a part of the world police force. Yes it was vengeance, Just like it was in WWII. Keeping the fear alive is not my bag, Seeing the world as it spins is however. . but we seem to have gone a bit off topic...lol

Off topic? I'd say Cheney, Haliburton, Boeing, Blackwater, our military industrial complex is currently praying for their next meal.

I suppose praying in public at restaurants isn't such a big deal. If I'm with somebody and they want to pray I just hold hands and close my eyes with them. I only don't do it when I'm by myself.

Off topic? I'd say Cheney, Haliburton, Boeing, Blackwater, our military industrial complex is currently praying for their next meal.
I'm pretty sure I see what you did there, very sneaky...

Back