Do you know the truth about hell?

Perhaps it's possible to draw spiritual lessons from the natural world.

Last edited:
You do realize how ridiculous these kind of analogies are to most folks don't you? (Both in and out of pews. I've heard preachers try scientizing scripture and congregants roll their eyes
If discussing my own ridiculous beliefs on a dedicated thread in an interfaith forum is 'preaching' I do so apologise ...

If discussing my own ridiculous beliefs on a dedicated thread in an interfaith forum is 'preaching' I do so apologise ...
Hahaha, I do believe you are getting snarky Mr. Corbet. I don't disapprove, I'm glad you are feeling at home.

Reactions: RJM
Apparently, my grandnephew now knows the truth about hell. Every since he found out he must attend summer school. I'm guessing his teacher does as well!:D

Last edited:
You do not demonstrate that things exist outside of human understanding, rather, you demonstrate human understanding often falls short in comprehending reality. I have noted this on multiple occasions here, most often in the evolution arguments.

I don't see the difference here. Truth can exist beyond our comprehension, this is a fact.

Our reality is a 3D time-space. Quantum physics and string theory suggest that things can exist outside of our reality (our 3D environment). If that's what you want! You are trying to sound as if there's a significant difference there while there is not, or the difference is irrelevant.

One of the initiatives of the development of string theory is the suggestion that gravity can penetrate beyond our reality (space). Moreover, multiverse is not a new human conception even scientifically speaking.

So your input here is moot.

Last edited:
As long as it's understood that quantum physicists regard their work as applying to the natural order, and that most strongly object to any 'spiritual' conclusions being drawn from it.

But we still discover two particles separated by any light-year distance each instantly knowing what the other is doing (quantum entanglement, or Einstein's 'spooky action at a distance') -- also a single indivisible particle being in two places at one time (two slit experiment) and a negative particle, such as a positron, being regarded as an electron going backwards in time -- and the dark matter/dark energy component of 96% of the universe, etc ...

Last edited:
I've often wondered if maybe Heaven and Hell is some kind of Absolute Polarity - an ultimate, universal expression of duality. Like opposites on the grandest scale.

I don't think that would contradict belief systems that include Heaven & Hell, such as mine.

It's just an idea I've had for a while - that it's just a manifestation of the pleasure & pain - joy & sorrow etc that we see and experience here.

But hey - maybe not huh?

Back