What's For Dinner?

No you haven't...it is sort of like pearls before swine...

You are eating (consuming, listening to) the donut hole(garbage, the waste product, ignoring the big picture)

I thought that I ought to post what I had for the past three days (laziness plus temperature means leftovers.)

Anyway, I got vegetarian ground "beef" that was on sale as well as vegetarian hot Italian "sausages", which I mixed together then formed into burgers. Onion slices, tomato slices and bell pepper slices completed the vegetables while honey wheat hamburger buns completed the sandwiches while diet ginger ale was the beverage and fresh berries topped of the meals.

:kitty:s had tinned food and fresh Milwaukee tap water (which they scarfed down.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
I've had to learn new skills during the pandemic lockdown and the resulting shortages in the stores.
I've learned to cultivate wild yeast and make sourdough bread due to there being no yeast on the grocery shelves for months. (It was difficult to even find flour!)
I've also learned how to make my own mozzarella and ricotta cheese. It's dangerously easy!
There is nothing like homemade sourdough pizza topped with homemade mozzarella and fresh veggies and herbs.
https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-homemade-mozzarella-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-174355
https://www.farmdrop.com/blog/how-to-make-homemade-ricotta/

I made Chile replenish and then had juevos rancheros leftovers for two days!

Last night was spaghetti squash and fried green tomatoes....yum.

I wanna make mozzarella and ricotta!

I made Chile replenish and then had juevos rancheros leftovers for two days!

Last night was spaghetti squash and fried green tomatoes....yum.

I wanna make mozzarella and ricotta!

I believe the egg dish that you had is spelled huevos rancheros, but I could be mistaken (as usual.)

Anyway, I know how to make paneer, an Indian subcontinent cheese that you might like, plus it's quite easy: mix one gallon of milk with one tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar in a large pot with a lid. Bring to a boil, then strain in cheesecloth after everything's separated (save some of the whey for another batch later.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I made a couple of onigiri using sushi rice and leftover veggie "chicken" and Japanese-style vegetables and had a Honeycrisp apple along with my medications for dessert. Lemon water was the beverage of the day for me.

:kitty:s had their crunchies along with "fresh" Milwaukee tap water (as usual.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I couldn't decide between pizza and pasta, so I made pizza pasta (using vegetarian Italian sausage and vegetarian pepperoni.) I also had caffeine-free diet cola to wash it down and reduced-calorie pumpkin pie ice cream for dessert. The Trio had their usual.

Since I have leftovers, I'll probably have them for a couple of days.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Bigos, a Polish traditional comfort food: spiced, sweet-and-sour stew of cabbage, sauerkraut, and lots of meat (veganized: smoked tofu and spicy seitan sausages). Very tasty, gets better with each re-heating.

I had to use up some vegetarian ground "beef", so I cooked it in some arabiatta sauce and boiled a serving of pasta (I mixed the stuff together in the skillet that I cooked the sauce in.) Water for everyone in the apartment, crunchies for the :kitty:s and grapes for my meds as dessert.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I made pasta with vodka sauce (it's a tomato product that has vodka as an ingredient) a sparkling water beverage and a hot cocoa-flavoured cookie for dessert along with my medications. The Trio had tinned shredded food with scallop sauce and Milwaukee tap water to drink.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had vegetarian turkey cutlet, Hawaiian sweet biscuit, a serving of herb dressing made with vegetable broth and mirepoix and whole kernel corn, and diet ginger beer to go with my medications. I didn't want to cross paths with the majority of my neighbors for anything more elaborate.

As you can probably tell from the menu, it was leftovers for me, while The Trio had tinned food that had a scallop sauce and some Milwaukee tap water.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

"Kartoffelpuffer mit Apfelmus" (potato patties with applesauce), a traditional all-year favorite where I live, also known as a sweet variety of "Latkes".

Penne with vegetarian Italian sausage/three peppers and black olives, a rosette, sugar-free ginger beer and a Honeycrisp apple.

:kitty:s had crunchies and Milwaukee tap water

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

For two nights in a row I had pizza pasta, one night I had a slice of cheesecake and the next I had a chocolate pecan tart (I might tweak it a bit before posting the "receipt" if anyone's interested in the WIP.) One night I had diet peach green tea and the other I had raspberry lemonade.

:kitty: delegation had their usual crunchies and water (I don't force them to follow my dietary restrictions/"whims".)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Since it's National Hamburger Day here in the US, I'm making vegetarian hamburgers (picked them up earlier today while I was out.) I'm also making soup due to the fact that it's somewhat chilly (not quite a three :kitty: day/night, but close.)

Speaking of the :kitty: delegation, they have their crunchies ready.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A vegetarian cheeseburger wrap along with a nonalcoholic cocktail based on the Moscow Mule (I used a sugar free ginger beer) and for dessert were a couple of doughnut holes (to "celebrate" Doughnut Day.)

:kitty: delegation had their crunchies (Tovarish had a mix of two kinds since I'm transitioning her over to senior formula [I can't believe that she's eleven years old now!].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had cold (temperature-wise) items including homemade lemon-limeade and frozen ices treats to counteract the temperature outside and The Trio had tinned food along with cool water (might get them each a little water "toy"/drinking fountain to give them constantly recirculating water.)

I hope that everyone's keeping cool during these heat waves, especially those of us who are dealing with triple-digit temperatures.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I made an interesting skewer set combining fruit, vegetables and vegetarian chicken, glazing the skewer with a peach-chipotle glaze (the fruit I used were fresh peach slices and the veggies were onion wedges and bell pepper strips.) I had some leftover brown rice that I used as a "bed" for the skewers and I finished everything with a blueberry granita. I had a nice glass of iced white tea with roses that I sweetened with sucralose.

The Trio had tinned food and cool running water from a mechanical fountain that I picked up last week.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I picked up some vegetarian Korean-style BBQ shreds and a blue corn taco "kit:" and made East-meets-West tacos. I had a frozen sorbet that was like sangria but wasn't for dessert and caffeine-free diet soda to go with everything (including pills.)

The Trio had tinned shreds and fresh water.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back