Christian worship service

KnowSelf

Reaction score
Christian worship services I am associated with, sermons project guilt of sin, guilt of humanity and guilt of Jesus’ sacrifice.
In the recruitment of new membership this may prove as an effective tool for recognizing our inability for salvation and forgiveness, however, enough is enough let us celebrate what God does for us without guilt or reservation.
I believe, but not the same way

Services of fire and brimstone, guilt and sin are ones you'll not likely find me in.

I fell asleep, my post was directly a result of this mornings sermon at the church I belong to. The sermon is often dull and repetitious. the pastor makes a point of telling the congregation how much Jesus and God loves us, and our much needed gratefulness to them. I am grateful , but really should I be reminded every single Sunday that Jesus died for me and was later resurrected? My pastor emphasizes Jesus was an ordinary man who suffered on my behalf.
I choose no guilt for Jesus death and resurrection because 1, God essentially made Jesus to restore His connection to humanity, 2 Jesus 'role as a human deity was to spread God's word, provide forgiveness and salvation to believers who surrender or empty themselves from the world.
Once saved by grace always saved by grace, to my knowledge there is no reversal to one's former self prior to salvation.

It is common, a few Christians practice the art of multiple attempts toward salvation by sacrificing Jesus on the cross again and again. Either these Christians are misinformed or they do not God through Jesus at all.

It is OK to be sad or even grouchy at times, but in reality Christians have much to be happy about, then why are Christians so miserable?

Reactions: RJM
... God essentially made Jesus to restore His connection to humanity
I'm not sure this is a Christian vision? To Christianity, as I understand it, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are not 'made'.
What denomination of Christianity are you attending, might I ask?

... Jesus ... as a human deity ...
Interesting phrase.

was to spread God's word, provide forgiveness and salvation to believers who surrender or empty themselves from the world.
Could nit-pick the terms, but generally, yes.

Once saved by grace always saved by grace
Really? I rather think we are always free to turn away from God and refuse His grace.

For lack of a clearer term "made" does not adequately explain the origin of Jesus, conceived might present a better description? However, God assumably planned or Jesus came into being to be offered up to God in holy sacrifice for the sins of humanity. God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient therefore Jesus, like humanity are products God's design and creation.

On the other hand, Jesus is part of God and the Holy Trinity. therefore Jesus was aware of God's intention to reestablish communication and His relationship to believers in Christ and God's Word. Before the beginning of time, God being all He is knew what was to come and planned how to address sin and the tree of knowledge before it occurred and infinity.

God so big and grand did this because He loves me that I no longer suffer from confusion.

However, God assumably planned or Jesus came into being to be offered up to God in holy sacrifice for the sins of humanity.
Well Jesus is God, so He always was, before even the world was. Jesus came into human being at a particular point in time and space, but as the Second Person of the Trinity 'there was never a time when Jesus was not' as the old adage has it.

God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient ...
And so in Jesus, but in the Incarnation He took on human limitation.

therefore Jesus, like humanity are products God's design and creation.
That's Arianism. Basically a Platonised version of Christianity.

On the other hand, Jesus is part of God and the Holy Trinity.
Quite, so one cannot say He was made, etc.

The Eternal Christ is God, as Man in Jesus. The bridge between God and Man. Imo

Last edited:
That's Arianism. Basically a Platonised version of Christianity.

No need to bring "Plato" into it..
Almighty God knows the truth about the nature of reality.

He is also the Sovereign over ALL. NONE would exist without Him,
..including Jesus (peace be with him)

God and Jesus are one, therefore God/Jesus set forth a plan for man's reconciliation to God through Jesus via holy sacrifice? God knows all, past, present and future, why do we make such a big deal about it? Salvation is not as allusive as it might seem.

I'm not sure this is a Christian vision? To Christianity, as I understand it, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are not 'made'.

What denomination of Christianity are you attending, might I ask?
There are religious traditions that identify themselves as Christian, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, that are not trinitarian. In the case of the JWs, they believe that Jesus, prior to being born as a human, was Michael the archangel.

The sermon is often dull and repetitious. the pastor makes a point of telling the congregation how much Jesus and God loves us, and our much needed gratefulness to them. I am grateful , but really should I be reminded every single Sunday that Jesus died for me and was later resurrected? My pastor emphasizes Jesus was an ordinary man who suffered on my behalf.

If you want a break, skip Sunday and, instead, on Saturday morning head for your local synagogue. I assure you the rabbi there will not tell you Jesus loves you, will not tell you that Jesus died for you, and will not tell you that Jesus was resurrected. True, you will not be at a Christian worship service, but sometimes you have to make a trade off. :p

What denomination of Christianity are you attending, might I ask? American Baptist

If you want a break, skip Sunday and, instead, on Saturday morning head for your local synagogue. I assure you the rabbi there will not tell you Jesus loves you, will not tell you that Jesus died for you, and will not tell you that Jesus was resurrected. True, you will not be at a Christian worship service, but sometimes you have to make a trade off. :p

And if Saturday doesnt work for you - there's always Friday ! The Imam won't tell you Jesus died & was resurrected for you there either and will emphesize a personal, unmediated communion between you and The Creator.

God and Jesus are one, therefore God/Jesus set forth a plan for man's reconciliation to God through Jesus via holy sacrifice?

If that is actually true, I wonder why G-d didn't "offer it" to the children of Israel?
We need to make sacrifice. It is foolish to think that "God died".

Are you informing others of your sect? Or guessing theirs?
not my sect, the Baptist Denomination I belong to, or more specific I am He that is me, therefore I am, I think

Last edited:
Are you informing others of your sect? Or guessing theirs?
American Baptist is my sect, except here in the States it is called denomination. I am a member American Baptist mostly out of convenience, however, I am disappointed by the church experience and the preachers, pastors and clergymen who conduct religious services as a whole.

That brought about interesting.exploration...appears the Baptists were a sect before they became a denomination...never did quite have a handle on the difference!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociological_classifications_of_religious_movements#Denominations

https://www.abc-usa.org/10facts/
The state of religion is confusing to me, seemingly I grew up Southern Baptist while recently I researched the nature of cults. I did not know the Southern Baptist Convention is labeled as a cult.

Back