What denomination or sect are you?

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Let me be clear, I know you are a member of the one and only perfect and true belief.

For you.

As we all are.

For us.

Otherwise why would we profess so (to be x sect of y religion)

This includes you atheists or agnostics.

Me, I am a nontheistic, Christian Unitic.

How bout you?

Mystic without gods or laws. I believe that there may not be such a thing as ultimate truth.

Let me be clear, I know you are a member of the one and only perfect and true belief.
For you.

Sensing a bit of sarcasm? I participate in this forum as a method of expression and learning. Therefore I respect your sentiments, however, untrue I believe them to be.

Last edited:
I am a Jew. I am a theist. I am a rabbi who identifies primarily with the Reform movement, but I draw upon the knowledge and wisdom from all the branches of Judaism.

Reactions: wil
Thx RabbiO, some say to be a good Christian you must first be a good Jew. If I were, probably be Renewal, counting the omer I find an incredible thing. I've been to half a dozen Seders in my life love watching it play out in multi generational families.

Roman Catholic, leaning towards Orthodox. Christian Platonist by inclination.

An adherent of the Sophia Perennis when dialoguing with other Traditions.

Sophia Perennis: The "absolute Truth and infinite Presence" as stated by Martin Lings (Abū Bakr Sirāj ad-Dīn). He goes on to say 'Absolute Truth is the transcendent source of all the intrinsically orthodox religions of humankind' and Infinite Presence is 'the perennial religion (religio perennis) that lives within the heart of all intrinsically orthodox religions.'

For you.

As we all are.

For us.

Otherwise why would we profess so (to be x sect of y religion)

This includes you atheists or agnostics.

Me, I am a nontheistic, Christian Unitic.

How bout you?
Still trying to figure this out. I believe in God, but more loosely like God is pure energy that is everywhere and in everything because energy makes up everything...

Still trying to figure this out. I believe in God, but more loosely like God is pure energy that is everywhere and in everything because energy makes up everything...

I believe God is everything you say God is, as a Christian God is much more by way of passage in Jesus. To non-believers explaining total forgiveness and salvation is difficult until it is experienced.

Beliefnet quiz used to say what religion or denomination your beliefs closely aligned. They've got new quizzes. I took them both. One said I was a secular humanist the other said I was a spiritual Seeker, but distrusting of organized religion. It is interesting to see how beliefs change over the years

After being raised a Catholic and then doing a lot of spiritual exploration as one of the 'Woodstock generation' I have come to the realisation that Christ is the culmination, or archetype of all spiritual avatars.

I know the Catholic Church has failings, but to me it retains the mysticism of Christianity, focused on The Christ and is not simply a 'Jesus cult' as I believe many evangelistic Christian churches have become.

Catholicism retains the 'Mother of God' for instance, and retains the seven sacraments -- especially the Eucharist, where Christ promises to be present in actuality.

But I am not bound to the Catholic Church. I choose the Catholic Church. I am not bound to any church or any faith or religion. For once I am lost for words to try to explain.

God responds to sincere prayer regardless of religion, time or place, imo. I only have God, angels to guide me day by day.

Last edited:
Spirit infuses and weaves nature, imo. Spirit is there first. All the time. It cannot be locked down or patented. Small daily miracles

Last edited:
Are their Catholic denominations?

Ortho
Reformed
Non practicing
Returned

Jesuit, that is a branch of cathocism.eh?
Jesuit, Benedictine, Franciscan, Dominican, Augustine, Mother Theresa's Sisters of Charity, Poor Clare sisters -- probably hundreds of other Catholic Orders

But they all follow the Catholic creed, sacraments and so on -- are all subject to and recognised by Papal authority. I don't know much.

@Thomas will know?

Last edited:
Beliefnet quiz used to say what religion or denomination your beliefs closely aligned. They've got new quizzes. I took them both. One said I was a secular humanist the other said I was a spiritual Seeker, but distrusting of organized religion. It is interesting to see how beliefs change over the years

Thank you for sharing that site. I took the Belief-o-matic quiz and got New Thought. Kinda felt like some questions were a little trivial (my opinion on divorce as it relates to spiritual matters, etc.), but it was a good quiz.
Just curious, what were you raised in, in terms of religion, if any?

Raised Roman Catholic. A very lax American Catholic at this point.

Thx RabbiO, some say to be a good Christian you must first be a good Jew. If I were, probably be Renewal, counting the omer I find an incredible thing. I've been to half a dozen Seders in my life love watching it play out in multi generational families.
I hold that Judaism finds valid and authentic expression in a myriad of diverse ways and that Reform/Liberal, Orthodoxy -which like the rest of Judaism is not monolithic, Conservative/Masorti, Renewal and even Humanisitic, are all valid if lived with authenticity by those who people those movements.

Reactions: wil
Back