What denomination or sect are you?

Conservatives are much more if you factor in the whole of the world than first world liberals which isn't even half of said countries. Another reason why liberals should be the ones going not conservatives is, the fact that conservatives by nature is restrictive and cautious of change, where as liberals are much more gung ho and as they say it progressive not caring for what consequences might arise, therefore it will be much easier for liberals to go to a new world than it would be for conservatives, another reason is that conservatives are pro heterosexual, anti-abortion hence they procreate a lot more than say LGBTQ supporters who cant get children accept by enlisting the aid of the opposite sex and who are pro abortion, thus they will be able to survive on a much smaller planet than conservatives as their numbers will be a lot less. Also their has been a lot of laws and regulations made on planet earth with conservative bias, so for liberals to have a fresh start it will be easy for them to start with a completely clean slate and then they can show the world if their way is better than the conservative way, without any interference from conservatives.
So we just need to ship the 'liberals' off to Mars? To solve all our problems here on Earth?

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids.
In fact it's cold as hell.
And there's no one there to raise them if you did.

But did you read what Earth would be like?

This is leading to dissaster having a binary planet system that one can dedicate one to mostly conservatives and one to mostly liberals, will reduce conflict and both can then live in their own utopia.

There's a book by Ursula K. LeGuin, "The Disposessed", which has a similar backdrop theme.

But did you read what Earth would be like?

I have read many books about what Earth will be like, with many variations of the theme. Did you have a particular one in mind? Does it relate to the topic of this thread. My quote from Elton John lyrics was a lead in to the difficulties of terraforming Mars as proposed by the OP, which does not seem to be a popular topic.

I have read many books about what Earth will be like, with many variations of the theme. Did you have a particular one in mind?
I was referring to the description of future Earth in @Old Faith's manifesto.

I was referring to the description of future Earth in @Old Faith's manifesto.
You are referring to Liber Deorum. Several books were being discussed so I was thinking in those terms.

What will the future Earth be like? And how does that follow from putting liberals on Mars?

If the answer to the second question gets too political, just answer the first question.

Last edited:
Back