Christian Beliefs, what are they?

Amatullah said:
Salam (Peace)

About self defence, would that mean that if say, a country was to attack another country to enslave the people and subject them to the aggressor's influence and laws the country attacked is recommended to surrender and accept defeat without a struggle?

Thanks

Amatullah
Ok Im digging up and old post of Quahoms which helped me out on this subject. I hope Quahom doesnt mind me using it as a reference to this subject. I dont think it could be posted anymore eloquently and I credit the Holy Spirit for giving him the words to teach one such as me his word.

Quahom1 said:
Wasn't all this in the context that any man who loves another more than God shall lose all? In the end times it is clear that man will become more and more a lover of self. One can not put one's spiritual salvation into the hands of another human being. The result is invariably failure, which results in resentment and eventually hatred.

Also, there is a big difference between persecution and war. To fight a holy war would be un-Christian. A secular war is not quite the same. A war to stop the persecution of others is not the same.

Romans 13:1-5 (RSV):
1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
2 Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of him who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,
4 For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain; he is the servant of God to execute his wrath on the wrongdoer.
5 Therefore one must be subject, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

I can pull many paragraphs from the Old and New testament that justify one righteous nation going against an unrighteous one. In fact the Bible is explicit in instructions on how to pick the soldiers, officers and Generals, how they are to be divisioned, how to lay seige to a city, and what not to do. There are rules of conduct that the righteous nation's armies must adhere to, else lose the grace of God.

One might say that war is from the old testament times. I agree completely. That does not mean we should forget how to wage it, because regardless of some of humanity's enlightened state, the rest of the world is still living in the Old Testatment ways.

What is worse than an evil man? A good man who does nothing to stop evil.

v/r

Q

The thread it is found under is Is Religion and Excuse for War I would recommend you read it since we covered this pretty thoroughly.

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18899#post18899

Salam (Peace)

Thanks for your posts Faithful. They have been helpful.

Amatullah

Faithfulservant: Hi - I've always been taught that the Epehsians verses you quoted were symbolic in that they were telling an individual Christian to armour himself (via prayer and study) against the onslaughts of satan - I've never heard it as a literal command to go to war. I am trying to imagine Christ agreeably outfitting himself to go to war and I just can't see Him leading troops or anything even like it. I am pretty sure (but will stand to be corrected) that the only act of violence He ever comitted was in upsetting the moneychangers at the Temple and even then he did not act of violence against their persons: only against their goods and it doesn't sound as though they were physically harmed. So I've always determined that I had the right to remove someone from a Holy place who was engaged in something obviously unholy - and that's the extent. The caveat to all of this (personally) is that I live on property in the country several miles from any neighbors and I keep a loaded pistol handy when I go to bed. I am quite sure that should someone try to break into the house, I would shoot the pistol. It's not Christian - but it's the truth. If I should kill someone, I would be sorry and I think it would haunt me for the rest of my life but I would ask for forgiveness and try to move on because it's very human to protect oneself but I certainly don't think it's encouraged by Christ. Old Testament gives examples of many things I find repugnant - the command to dash the children's heads against the stones I find particularly chilling (that is in some of the battle commands in O.T. where it is specific to taking over a particular enemy) And I find it very offensive and not very God-like and question the origin of it.

Amatullah:

You always begin your posts with "peace" so I return the courtesy: peace to you, too. I absolutely agree with you that no one knows the creature better than the Creator but I think the Creator calls us to constantly strive to be better than ourselves. I don't think He believes we can fully accomplish it but I think He very much expects the attempts and appreciates the effort.

Compromise: is merely not putting your own self or your own wishes or ideals forward to the exculsion of others. If you and I were jointly in charge of a sum of money and I felt that all the money should be used to buy a new car but you felt the money should be used to buy food for a poor family, a compromise might be that we used some of the money to repair the old car and the rest to feed a poor family. (That is such a NOBLE sounding example) The real truth is exactly what one of the posters mentioned about two people walking toward each other and meeting halfway versus either demanding the other to make the entire walk to his side. That's a perfect example of compromise.

I think the main problem was touched on in the other posts. It is my conception of Arab culture that the State and the Theology are one. That is not possible here. You here conversations discussion a "Christian" nation but it's just words because I don't think (and have never read anywhere in Scripture) where Christ did more than tell us to accept whatever government we found ourselves under. Presumably, our lives here are brief and our afterlives are eternal - governments will cease but our souls will continue as individuals into infinity. Therefore, the struggles of this world are (idealistically) more correct for a Christian if he views them as a personal struggle between good and evil and limits his participation in the great struggles of the nations to only what is required of him legally. Those things should not be of any importance to a devout Christian (again, this is an ideal) But I see no evidence that Christians are told to kill anyone in the name of Christ. Christ's instructions to his disciples were to shake the dust from their shoes and leave a place where they are not welcomed - not torch the place!

Tim

timrevis said:
... I've always been taught that the Epehsians verses you quoted were symbolic in that they were telling an individual Christian to armour himself (via prayer and study) against the onslaughts of satan - I've never heard it as a literal command to go to war. I am trying to imagine Christ agreeably outfitting himself to go to war and I just can't see Him leading troops or anything even like it. I am pretty sure (but will stand to be corrected) that the only act of violence He ever comitted was in upsetting the moneychangers at the Temple and even then he did not act of violence against their persons...Tim
Hello Tim,

You need only read Revelations...you'd be quite surprised to find out who the "General" of God's army is, what he is wearing and where he is in postion to the rest of the army. Also, there is no look of peace on his face or in his eyes, nor is he carrying an "olive branch" in his hand...:(

v/r

Q

Qhahom1: Good morning. I just got back from Sunday School where I tossed the things we've been discussing on the boards out for discussion in the class. It was one of the most animated classed we've ever had!

Listen, I respect your integrity from having read your posts since I found this board. So, for that reason alone, I will make a valient attempt to re-read Revelations sometime soon (perhaps this week) a thing I have not done since I was in college. First, I will have to pray and shed myself of my prejudices against this book. I've never cared for it, even before taking my first New Testament Class in a Christian college - and after that, I cared for it less as it was told to us that the inclusion of this book was one of the most debated issues when Scripture was being canonized. (The professors - and most Biblical Scholars I've read in the ensuing years - had trouble with this book because they don't really know who the author was, where it came from and its mysticism was difficult for even them to interpret.) My personal objections was there was not a single thing that I ever found in Revelations that gave me guidance to being a better Christian and my gut instinct is that if all the events described in Revelations are foregone conclusions about which I can do nothing, then it is nothing I need to know anymore than I need to read the horoscope to find out if I should leave the house tomorrow or not. I find comfort and direction in the other books - nothing in Revelations. I will, however, supress all of this and approach it with an open mind. (I recall the verses you describe, however, so it will be more of a refresher than a revelation!) In my lifetime, I have heard the seven things interpreted as Rome and the Catholic church - the bear described as the USSR during the cold war - It's been the favorite excitement of every tent preacher I ever heard - but I will seriously try my best because I respect your opinion. Let's hope my best is adequate!

The conclusion of self-defence at Sunday School (where two of our members have children overseas) was that there is no Christian era "command" or "injunction" against military action of the state - but there's no injunction promoting it either. Where we wound up was with the confusion of Jews contemporary to Christ who rejected him on the grounds that their definition of a Messiah was one who would take military action and restore Israel to her former glory. Christ made it clear that the kingdon he would establish was not of this world and they couldn't accept that so they rejected him. We all agreed on this. Beyond this, we were split about 60/40 as to whether that implied that Christ did not concern himself with our man-made governments or did concern himself with 60% deciding that our obligations are beyond government and 40% believing that we are to establish governments that are somehow acceptible to Christ. But this veered off into a discussion of heaven and was an American Christian superior to a French Christian or Chinese Christian - we all agreed that a Christian is a Christian and then came full circle to the idea that, if this is true, then nationality or government allegiance is irrelevant to a devout Christian. There was also a side discussion that the difference between war and murder is the premeditation but I don't honestly see how someone could go to war and not expect to kill someone. (We didn't want to say this aloud because of our two parents) but we did discuss how children can be inadvertantly killed in war and if we are opposed to abortion, how do we justify this even if it's an accident. It's very complicated - but all felt better for the discussion and are going to bring it up again later.

Have a good Sunday.

Tim

timrevis said:
Qhahom1: My personal objections was there was not a single thing that I ever found in Revelations that gave me guidance to being a better Christian and my gut instinct is that if all the events described in Revelations are foregone conclusions about which I can do nothing, then it is nothing I need to know anymore than I need to read the horoscope to find out if I should leave the house tomorrow or not. I find comfort and direction in the other books - nothing in Revelations. I will, however, supress all of this and approach it with an open mind. (I recall the verses you describe, however, so it will be more of a refresher than a revelation!) In my lifetime, I have heard the seven things interpreted as Rome and the Catholic church - the bear described as the USSR during the cold war - It's been the favorite excitement of every tent preacher I ever heard - but I will seriously try my best because I respect your opinion. Let's hope my best is adequate!

The conclusion of self-defence at Sunday School (where two of our members have children overseas) was that there is no Christian era "command" or "injunction" against military action of the state - but there's no injunction promoting it either. Where we wound up was with the confusion of Jews contemporary to Christ who rejected him on the grounds that their definition of a Messiah was one who would take military action and restore Israel to her former glory. Christ made it clear that the kingdon he would establish was not of this world and they couldn't accept that so they rejected him. We all agreed on this. Beyond this, we were split about 60/40 as to whether that implied that Christ did not concern himself with our man-made governments or did concern himself with 60% deciding that our obligations are beyond government and 40% believing that we are to establish governments that are somehow acceptible to Christ. But this veered off into a discussion of heaven and was an American Christian superior to a French Christian or Chinese Christian - we all agreed that a Christian is a Christian and then came full circle to the idea that, if this is true, then nationality or government allegiance is irrelevant to a devout Christian. There was also a side discussion that the difference between war and murder is the premeditation but I don't honestly see how someone could go to war and not expect to kill someone. (We didn't want to say this aloud because of our two parents) but we did discuss how children can be inadvertantly killed in war and if we are opposed to abortion, how do we justify this even if it's an accident. It's very complicated - but all felt better for the discussion and are going to bring it up again later.

Have a good Sunday.

Tim
Good Morrow Tim.

I believe I left you with the wrong thought. I am not telling you that Revelations is or is not a book of value. I was merely pointing out an area in the Bible that specifically describes Jesus in real battle armor, leading a real army and His intention is to defeat the enemy (of which many humans happen to be part of).

Also, the Gospels do point out that Jesus was not here to bring peace and tranquility, in fact just the opposite. He is quoted as saying so. And when Jesus appeared to the disciples after His "death" were they not so fearful of his presence? Such to the point that Jesus had to tell them to be at peace (In their minds, the sight of Jesus appearing so soon, might have given them thought that "this is it folks", He's about to pummel the earth, and He was implying that the time was not yet).

Perhaps Jewish belief that God will return with an army is in fact right on (they just decided not to consider the inbetween time, and in my opinion, missed a wonderful oppertunity to get to know God on a more personal level).

You made in interesting comment about Revelations being a foregone conclusion. But at the end, it states that if man continues in his current ways, then, all this shall come to pass. That does not sound like a fixed destiny to me. It sounds more like a warning, and a prayer, that man "grows up". It is also hope for all God fearing people to work diligently (regardless of the name of their faith), to stem the efforts of those who would prefer man's destruction.

Since you teach Sunday school, you are in fact doing your part to do just that.

Satan wants us ignorant and oblivious, but God wants us educated and aware. It is impossible for the enemy to surprise one, if the one is aware of the enemy.

Tim, when I took the helm of our ship during some of the most horrendous Hurricans and Thyphoons ever experienced, I found comfort and peace, as well as confidence in the thought that Jesus stood right behind me, with his hand steadying mine on the ship's wheel. I "knew" He took personal interest in my "control" of the ship's direction and wanted me to succeed. Why would not He also (and more so), take personal interest in the "governments" of the world (or specfically those minding the "helm")? It would be insane to think that a God interested in the individual, would not be interested in the whole people, don't you think?

As far as war and murder. The difference is one is sanctioned by society and the other is not. One is "self defense" and the other is malice, assuming the role of God (concerning the power of life and death over the victim).

God's word allows for war, but does not allow for murder. Hmmm, one of the people in scripture who's faith stunned even Jesus, was that of a Centurian, a Roman soldier. How ironic that Jesus was impressed by a man of war.

Joshua was taught by God how to destroy Jehrico (sp), and instructed to wipe out everyone, but take nothing for personal gain. To do otherwise meant death by God. A soldier did not listen and was caught with "booty" from looting the town. He was tried and convicted, and asked forgiveness. Joshua forgave him, then slew him. Was that murder? No, because God set the penalty for disobedience, and did not give Joshua leeway to vary the punishment. Taking the life of another was God ordained and God ordered.

My point is that God is not a God of peace, and never has been. He is a God of war, and his opponent is a god of war. The prize is us...

I've never read in history where pacifists won a war of aggression...have you? ;)

When we are told to "turn the other cheek", or walk two miles, or give our cloak as well as our shirt...we are being told to look into the eyes of our "enemy", try to live through his eyes, feel what he is feeling, empathize with his pain, and in doing so, we go from being selfish to selfless, and maybe we make a friend. It doesn't mean stand there and get one's butt kicked, and cry poor mouth after it.

Christianity is not a guarantee to ward off war, hard times, or pain. But it can make us stronger, so that we can handle the rough times.

Sometimes brother comes to blow with brother, even when both claim Christ as their saviour. Who's fault is that, Gods? :D

Oh, and thanks Tim, I've enjoyed our "Sunday School" today as well!

Hmmm, virtual Sunday School, what a novel idea...

v/r

Q

timrevis said:
Faithfulservant: Hi - I've always been taught that the Epehsians verses you quoted were symbolic in that they were telling an individual Christian to armour himself (via prayer and study) against the onslaughts of satan - I've never heard it as a literal command to go to war. I am trying to imagine Christ agreeably outfitting himself to go to war and I just can't see Him leading troops or anything even like it. I am pretty sure (but will stand to be corrected) that the only act of violence He ever comitted was in upsetting the moneychangers at the Temple and even then he did not act of violence against their persons: only against their goods and it doesn't sound as though they were physically harmed. So I've always determined that I had the right to remove someone from a Holy place who was engaged in something obviously unholy - and that's the extent. The caveat to all of this (personally) is that I live on property in the country several miles from any neighbors and I keep a loaded pistol handy when I go to bed. I am quite sure that should someone try to break into the house, I would shoot the pistol. It's not Christian - but it's the truth. If I should kill someone, I would be sorry and I think it would haunt me for the rest of my life but I would ask for forgiveness and try to move on because it's very human to protect oneself but I certainly don't think it's encouraged by Christ. Old Testament gives examples of many things I find repugnant - the command to dash the children's heads against the stones I find particularly chilling (that is in some of the battle commands in O.T. where it is specific to taking over a particular enemy) And I find it very offensive and not very God-like and question the origin of it.

Tim
Hello Tim

I think you may have misunderstood me or you misunderstand the Ephesians verses. We do not war against flesh and blood.. we war against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. It is spiritual warfare of which im speaking. However.. spiritual warfare can become quite physical because of whatever drives a man to break into someone elses home to do evil.. can physically harm you. Your first reaction is to pick up that pistol.. shouldnt your first reaction be to pray? We have to trust in God because he doesnt want us to harm ourselves anymore than he wants anyone else to harm us.

Jesus most certainly donned the armor of God when satan tempted him. Do you not think he had the armor of God on when he was at calvary?

I also want to say that God is himself a warrior and the OT is full of examples. We cannot forget that when we read the teachings of our Savior Jesus Christ. The book of Nahum shows our Warrior God he has been in battle with the forces of darkness alot longer than we have. In Revelation in speaks of wars and rumors of wars and we cannot forget who is leading the army into the final battle.

As far as the author of Revelation.. John the beloved of Jesus wrote it in Patmos while he was imprisoned there. It was inspired by the Holy Spirit and Jesus was speaking through him. Im not sure I understand who you may think authored the book. I have never heard anything other than what Ive always known. Do you believe the bible has been corrupted?

Quahom1: Hi - I only rarely teach Sunday School in the event they are short: I am not qualified to teach and I didn't actually teach yesterday. The lesson was short and I tossed our board out for a discussion (which was very animated)

I can see your points clearly and have no disagreement with them other than we apparently are led in different directions by God both of which are necessary. In my world view, I am resposible (which is to say, I will answer on judgement day) for much smaller things than you. I am convicted that I will have to answer for hateful things I did or said that broke the spirit of an individual and went unmended or for opportunities to serve, via an encouraging word or money or food or clothing or shelter, to someone who was placed in my way for me to serve. I may receive some kudos for situations where I performed well (I doubt it!) But I don't think I will be rewarded for any good things the American Government did during my lifetime nor do I feel I will be called to task for any wrongdoing of the government. I base all this on the confusion of people contemporary to Christ who were so certain he was going to establish a government on earth that would put Rome in its place and in their disappoinment seemed to have missed the points of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission (neither of which suggest that we go forth and establish good governments in any of the translations I depend upon.) BUT, it is altogether possible that you correctly read it otherwise - each of us has a different task to keep the wheels moving - the butcher should not try to be the dentist - God forbid!

Faithfulservant: Good morning. I rely on the Old Testament as a guide of where we've been in order to determine where we arrived. Christianity would not make much sense without a knowledge of Old Testament (what propehcies would be fulfilled?) But, as it is my belief that we are no longer under the law but under grace, I do not take Old Testament examples as superior to Christ's examples which is to say; when two seemingly good ideas are in conflict, I will err on the side of Christ's example and He did not, in his time, choose to bring down the army of angels on the Romans although I've certainly no doubt that He could have had He chosen to.

I do not believe the Bible has been corrupted but I cannot ignore the documented evidence of the fascinating story of canonization of New Testement Scripture. The Book of the Revelation of Saint John the Divine has been in debate since it first appeared (as have the authorship and the dates of writing which have varied between 68 AD to 96 AD) In college, I was required to take three New Testement classes: one to view it objectively, one to view it from the perspecive of a Christian and one to view it from the original Greek to the various translations currently at hand - the later class also went in depth to discuss the history surrounding the canonization. A great deal of the acceptance and rejection of the Books covered a very active period of several centuries and was, in large part, the settling of whose denomination was going to ultimately come out the winner in the war for Christianity. As we know in retrospect, the Roman church won this battle with the Eastern church coming in a close second. There are plots and sub-plots in that story (in the early 3rd century, anti-Motanists dropped John's Gospel, Hebrews and the Revelations - by 200 AD, Revelations was back in - in 363 AD, the Council of Laodicia dropped Revelations again - in 367 AD it was back) By the time the smoke had cleared and the two dominant churches were established, the Catholic church accepted Revelations but the equally large and strong (at that time) Eastern Church only included it with the caveat that it could not be read as a part of Divine Liturgy (which, I believe, still holds true in the Orthodox Church today.) There were several arguments against the inclusion of Revelations but the most viable and most often used was the dubious authorship. This objection was based to two pieces of evidence both related to the style of the books proven and accepted to have been written by the John we know. First, the John we know never felt compelled to identify himself beyond the phrases familiar to us such as "the one who was beloved of Christ" - this phrase does not appear in Revelations and the announcement of the name suggests that he is giving more information than a familiar person should require. BUT the largest objection is simply the style of Revelations versus the Gospel, for example. John's Gospel is written in pure and perfect Greek of the highest tone. The Greek of Revelations is of a poor quality, common vulgarisms are used and the grammar is poor. Now, it's quite possible if the later date (96 AD) was correct that John is old and loosing his remarkable command of a language he so beautifully used in his mid-life. This is possible: my father is 84 and suffers dimentia and although he commanded a good pen and wrote beautifully during his life, he can no longer do so HOWEVER - his basic language has not changed or degraded - his variety of language has been severly reduced and it does seem to defy logic that someone would loose their entire style of communication in their old age. It's not normal.

Finally, our first protestant, Martin Luther, was quick to dismiss Revelations from canon scripture when he was establishing correct scripture for the sect that would become Lutherans. Knowing that Luther plunged into removing the dubious elements of Catholicism, and knowing that his life was in constant peril and had to make every action count, it is odd that he would do this unless he thought it was important.

These are just the historical facts. My personal feeling is that it is an odd note in a collection of writings that otherwise stay away from the tone we normally associate with Old Testament writings - aside from Revelations, New Testament is largely a love letter from God trying to get people to be less concerned about material posessions and eartly cares and focus on their fellow human beings and their relationship with their Creator. The real revelation, from my perspective, is that none of us is better than another, all people deserve whatever help you can offer, and that we are to be servants without earthly recognition or reward.

Quahom1 said:
I was merely pointing out an area in the Bible that specifically describes Jesus in real battle armor, leading a real army and His intention is to defeat the enemy (of which many humans happen to be part of). Perhaps Jewish belief that God will return with an army is in fact right on. You made in interesting comment about Revelations being a foregone conclusion. But at the end, it states that if man continues in his current ways, then, all this shall come to pass. That does not sound like a fixed destiny to me. It sounds more like a warning, and a prayer, that man "grows up". It is also hope for all God fearing people to work diligently (regardless of the name of their faith), to stem the efforts of those who would prefer man's destruction.
Satan wants us ignorant and oblivious, but God wants us educated and aware. It is impossible for the enemy to surprise one, if the one is aware of the enemy.

How ironic that Jesus was impressed by a man of war. Q

Yes Christ the Lionheart is leading his army of earth angels and their armour and protection is love, their sword is truth that heals not swords that kill. His intention is to energise people to innovate change to create the kingdom of love, and yes the army of destruction and selfishness will be overcome by the truth, conscious awareness, love and zealous compassionate action.

And it was written that the Son of Man would send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from one end of heaven to the other. and it was said ‘This generation shall not pass, till all things be fulfilled.’ The gospel goes on to say that ‘heaven and earth will pass away’ (Matt.XXiv31-35).

This is indeed happening our conception of heaven and earth is passing away.

In (Matt 25:1-13) it says that those bridesmaids that weren’t ready missed the wedding feast. Jesus explained, “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour” (v.13).

The Brides of Christ are being called, the flocks will rise and then peace will reign.

The enemy is within, the devil is within when one see's through GOD's eyes all is perfection and divine love, beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder.

Jesus was impressed by the Centurion's faith and trust not what he did as a profession.

Many messages can indeed be tests, but in all the year's of communicating with divine energies, I can tell you this that the higher the energy you are communicating with, the more supreme the love and light. No matter what pain you or others may have experienced the message is always one of love and forgiveness - never retailation.

War mentality comes from the enemy within man, this is Satan, the darkness within the human self for the divine self could never justify harming any of GOD's creation and sentient beings in either thought, word or deed.

being love

Sacredstar

more

2.1 Isaiah Prophesies of Christs Kingdom

And it shall come to pass in the last days that the mountain of the Lords. That the mountain of the Lords house shall be established on the top of the mountains and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow into it.

Nation shall not lift sword up against nation neither shall they learn war anymore.

Chapter 28.18
Judgement also will I lay to the line, and the righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the lies and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

Chapter 35.
Joyful flourishing of Christs Kingdom

Scholars indicate that during the time of the writings, the word mountain was in fact , symbolic and used to represent the 'heavenly Jerusalem'. Greg Braden talks about the the Great Isaiah Scroll found amongst the Dead Sea Scrolls and he says in his book the 'The Isaiah Effect' that the modern day bible is the product of earlier translations from the origial Hebrew. Cross referencing this phrase with the precise wording in its original language, we discover an unexpected, though perhaps not surprising, meaning for the reference. In Hebrew, the word for Jerusalem is Yerushalayin. Here, the definition becomes very clear: it means "the vision of peace" With this clarification we may read this prophecy. "The vision of peace provides a refuge for the poor, a refuge to the needy in distress, shelter from the rain, shade from the heat. In the presence of the vision of peace, the veil that veils all peoples, the web that is woven over all nations, will be destroyed.".

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth
I heard a voice saying
there shall be no more death.
neither sorrow, nor crying
for the former things are passed away

The Essene Book of Revelations

Salam (Peace)

Being born into a Muslim family, I don't know much about religions other than Islam. I want to be better informed about all faiths so I can decide for myself and consciously accept the Truth. I want to know more about Christianity but I would like to hear about Christian beliefs from Christians themselves. I would really appreciate it if Christian members would post their most important beliefs briefly so that I can get an idea of what Christianity is about.

Thanks in advance.

Amatullah

Whatever you do don't say *whispers*trinity*whispers*.....

true christianity sticks to the bible , counterfeit christianity has taken on manmade doctrines, counterfeit christianity has prospered down through the centuries, but in the last days true christianity has had many things revealed to them because they are being fed by Jesus . and now true knowledge is abundant indeed Daniel 12;4

Back