Best New Year's Eve Party 2021/22 We Can Imagine

Cino

Big Love! (Atheist mystic)
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This is a thread to collaboratively imagine the New Years Eve party we'd all like to have.

No references to any bleak reality that may be going on. This party is happening in the best of all parallel worlds.

First: preparations. Who's bringing the potato salad?

Count me out. I don't eat mayonnaise, lol ...

I'll do a proper German Kartoffelsalat then, which is potato salad without mayo.

Games? Firecrackers? Favorite movies, anyone?

Reactions: RJM
I've got about a hundred board games...but have been playing mostly online with my board game friends.

But NYE is a great time to go thru the daytimer see what we accomplished last year..adjust goals and plans for next year...and this guy has not been even thinking about a future the past 3 years...so I look forward to contemplating goals...

One is a 3 month train tour of the US I am calling it my first annual farewell tour.

Another is my first ever triathlon...and completing and selling a book...

No lack of ambitions for the new year on your side! How about we have a LAN party and play AMONG US. A fun game with IRL (voice) social interaction. I'll bring some baguettes.

A book?

It just occurred to me thst there are so many different New Years. Rosh Hashana and Nowruz and the Chinese New Year and Ra`s as-Sanah al-hijriyah ... of course these are all part of this I.O. virtual celebration.

And we need a good voice actor to read it out loud while we lounge in deck chairs sipping our favorite drinks. Unless Wil wants to do the reading.

I'll skip the triathlon, I think. But I'll cheer anyone who is up for it.

How about music? Anyone who can play the drums or do lights&sounds?

Hey, I play drums IRL and do music too. How did you know, are you clairvoyant? Come on admit it, don't be shy :D.

I'll bring some beer too, alcohol free of course.

Mayonnaise free potato salad
Alcohol free beer x
Magic mushrooms ?

Mayonnaise free potato salad
Alcohol free beer x
Magic mushrooms ?

I would love to microdose on psilocybin and just sit in silent contemplation with a few good friends.

Generally, parties aren't really my thing, and I tend to be pretty straight-edge to the point that I don't even drink alcohol or smoke pot, but the sparing use of psychedelics is up my alley.

Last edited:
Beer, 'shrooms, check.

We need decorations. And a bonfire. And firecrackers.

We need decorations.
OK. We have miles of home-made bunting from my father-in-law's summer solstice gatherings.

And a bonfire.
Sorted. We also need slices of trunk for bonfire seating.

And firecrackers.
I'll find out who it was who made the fireworks for said gatherings. Nothing pretty – brown paper balls as big as a cabbage, wrapped in brown paper and bound with parcel tape, with a fuse hanging out ... but sheesh, did they go high, and did they go bang!

Always a highlight, a torchlight procession walking a maze, so I'll volunteer to lay the maze, but I'll need a couple of days' access to the site.

Do we need a circus big-top? Might be able to lay my hands on one ...

As for music, when we've wound down in to the electro-dance field, I'll be in the folk/acoustic corner, ideally with a set of uilleann pipes.

We have miles of home-made bunting from my father-in-law's summer solstice gatherings.
I think you've mentioned him? A bit eccentric, was he not? You posted pics, or a video?

Am worried about @Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Missing her daily lounge posts
Hope she's alright

I wonder if she has recently had her cataract op?

I think you've mentioned him? A bit eccentric, was he not?
Yep.

The modern stuff is filmed where he lived. He'd have about 400 people at the solstice gathering, a theatrical performance, bands, local pub did a beer tent. People camped on site. St John's Ambulance on standby. He'd do his rituals, light the sunwheel, fireworks, maze walk, singing round the fire.

Yes, missing Phyllis. No celebrations. Stay at home. Two places in vicinity, my in-laws place and that of my daughter, That completes the circle in these times. Would not want anyone to visit our place except for these people. Stay safe.

Reactions: RJM
Am worried about @Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Missing her daily lounge posts
Hope she's alright

I wonder if she has recently had her cataract op?

I apologize for being AWOL, but my computer committed seppuku (ritualized suicide.) I just got it back early Thursday and finally got set up. No cataract surgery yet (they can't measure my eyes for the replacement lenses due to my extremely sensitive eyes [they won't stop blinking long enough to get the information required].)

:kitty: delegation's "marking" the site again (hope nobody minds...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

There's a thinly sliced duck jerky treat for the kitty delecation somewhere in my guitar case.

Back