Why do you need Jesus? He saves you from what?

Mmm, as is adultery, these days.
Most tribal societies have strict adultery laws, to preserve the tribe from inbreeding and sexual diseases. It's not a moral ruling. It's practical, and in modern times it seems less relevant?

That is a tribal law. Can a Christian kill in war? Do you say people only do not kill or act inhumanely because they believe in God?
That is why societies have secular laws to protect people

The same applies to the rest of your post. Surely you do not think people who believe in God have the monopoly on moral behaviour?
@Yahweh kid

Do you think being a Christian makes you a superior and better, more moral and caring person than someone who does not believe in God as you do?
No. I am probably the worst person in this world...I try to be a good person but fail miserably... that is why I need Jesus Christ to save a wretched soul like me.... Who is perfect in this world?

Everyone is subject to the law of the land. And in law, it is a crime.
In humane actions also are against law.
Atheism is a personal view. Atheists vary in their view. An atheist himself decides how he/she should act.
If one wants to live in a country or in a society, he perforce has to go according to its laws.
There is only one world. There is no other 'spiritual world'.
Atheism itself is objective, but an atheist may have his/her own outlook on life.
Are you suggesting atheism is moral since "atheism is objective"?

That is a tribal law. Can a Christian kill in war? Do you say people only do not kill or act inhumanely because they believe in God?
That is why societies have secular laws to protect people

The same applies to the rest of your post. Surely you do not think people who believe in God have the monopoly on moral behaviour?
You said atheist are free, but in reality they are not, they are subject to laws made by man, as a Christian I believe in a Creator who made laws so that we might enjoy a life of love, righteousness, happiness, etc.

You said atheist are free, but in reality they are not, they are subject to laws made by man, as a Christian I believe in a Creator who made laws so that we might enjoy a life of love, righteousness, happiness, etc.

Good for you!

Of course, believers are subject to our civil and criminal laws like everyone else, I don't see what you are pointing out here?

I'm also enjoying a life of love, doing good by the laws of my land, happiness, etc.

Righteousness is not important to me, but that's just me. If it floats your boat, go for it! As long as your righteousness keeps within the bounds set by our respective countries' laws.

That's freedom we didn't use to enjoy when we had religious courts condemning unbelievers (by whatever standard) to fines, prison, or even death. Or righteous mobs doing the dirty work while the believers looked the other way...

No, I think we are more free now, for the past couple of centuries, since we started to separate religious and secular law. Everyone wins.

Good for you!

Of course, believers are subject to our civil and criminal laws like everyone else, I don't see what you are pointing out here?

I'm also enjoying a life of love, doing good by the laws of my land, happiness, etc.

Righteousness is not important to me, but that's just me. If it floats your boat, go for it! As long as your righteousness keeps within the bounds set by our respective countries' laws.

That's freedom we didn't use to enjoy when we had religious courts condemning unbelievers (by whatever standard) to fines, prison, or even death. Or righteous mobs doing the dirty work while the believers looked the other way...

No, I think we are more free now, for the past couple of centuries, since we started to separate religious and secular law. Everyone wins.

Is the afterlife true or false? Do you have any proof? I don't.
That is why I have Faith in Jesus Christ...who do you have faith in?

Are you suggesting atheism is moral since "atheism is objective"?
Are you suggesting atheism is immoral? Why? Moral behaviour is not confined to Christians, surely? What about other religions — are Buddhists immoral? What about Catholics — are they immoral

Last edited:
Well, as a Christian and this being the Christian board, can't say I share your opinion here. Our scripture and even some non-Christian doctrine tells us otherwise.
Yeah, even majority Hinduism will not go by what I say. Old superstitions cannot be put away easily. It was hard for me too.
Is the afterlife true or false?
That is why I have Faith in Jesus Christ...who do you have faith in?
To me it is false because of absence of any evidence unless some evidence comes up for it.
I do not need any faith. I go by what science says (science too goes by evidence and does not claim anything beyond it).
Well, as a Christian and this being the Christian board, can't say I share your opinion here. Our scripture and even some non-Christian doctrine tells us otherwise.
Yeah, this is a Christian-founded forum, but thankfully, the admin here does not mind different views. It is not necessary for anyone to agree to my views. You are certainly welcome to your views. They are just as correct in their views as I am in mine.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting atheism is immoral? .. What about other religions — are Buddhists immoral?
Atheism does not have anything to do with morality or immorality, it is only disbelief in God/Gods/Goddesses.
Morality depends on the society. Each religion talks about it in the way it was perceived in its time. Yuga Dharma, the 'dharma' of the age.
For example, in Bahaollah's time Homosexuality was considered abominable in Iran and women were considered lesser than men.
Looking at a modern religious state like Iran, I prefer "backward" any time.
Was 'backwards' any better?
You said atheist are free, but in reality they are not, they are subject to laws made by man, as a Christian I believe in a Creator who made laws ..
Being a Christian does not exempt you from the laws of the land made by men and women.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
Are you suggesting atheism is immoral? Why? Moral behaviour is not confined to Christians, surely? What about other religions — are Buddhists immoral? What about Catholics — are they immoral
I am not suggesting anything....I am only asking a question.

Back