Hi

The Bible says a true Prophet is known by the Fruits and the prophecies they give.

Regards Tony
Tony, please alert @Yahweh kid that you are not speaking as a Christian, but as a Baha'i who believes that your own messenger Baha'u'llah was the second coming of Christ, otherwise you are misleading him, imo ...

Wise words, NJ.

I believe Christ is unique, but also universal. However I don't think it's a 'we Christians club' vs the rest. It comes down to a narrow set of literalist conditions for membership. I can take a pretty good guess that several varieties of Christians, Catholics for example, are already excluded from this particular club -- as not being the proper right sort of Christians? I could be wrong?
There is only one Jesus Christ I know and that is the Jesus in the Bible. As far as I know He only saves those who comes to Him for Salvation. Others try to earn their Salvation, I am not able to do this, for I am a sinner and need Jesus.

I believe that religions are man made, that is why you see so many corruption of the Truth. Many use religion to control the masses for political, wealth or personal desires for example. The Crusades in my opinion is another example, to steal the riches of other nations and make them their servants using the christian religion as a reason for doing these horrible acts. True Christians are those who have a personal relationship with Christ and except the Word of God as the whole Truth. Like the Bible says, you will know them by their fruit. Jesus came to bring us a message of Salvation not a certain church. The only church is the Church of Christ, churches brings division in Christianity. Sad but true.

Reactions: RJM
Tony, please alert @Yahweh kid that you are not speaking as a Christian, but as a Baha'i who believes that your own messenger Baha'u'llah was the second coming of Christ, otherwise you are misleading him, imo ...

Already did that in my first post, so that is not required, I shared the passages as written in the Bible.

How we see those passages, is a choice for our own selves and I am not here to convert, but to offer there is other ways to see all things.

People are responsible for their own hearts, we all answer to God for our choices.

I am happy for others to see in those passage as they choose to do. Those passages also proved Jesus the Christ, I personally make no difference between the Names of God.

Regards Tony

That's the thing, isn't it? But from your posts so far, I gather that you do believe in some form of "life after death", so your question is a bit of a puzzler?

Again, depends on what you mean by "eternity". If life on earth means change, does eternity mean stagnation? Does eternity mean my life will always have taken place, "what happened stays happened"? What, beyond a name, is actually recorded in the Book of the Living?
Eternity, our soul will go on forever. The question is where will it go after death?
Who do you believe will have their names written in the Book of the Life?

It's ok. I have no problem with anyone. I love the Jesus from the Bible, not a different Jesus made up by others. We make our own choices like Tony said.....:)

Do you know of any?

Yes many. Basically God can only be understood through the Messengers, Jesus the Christ being a source of that knowledge.

Here is an example.

"All human creatures are the servants of God. All are submerged in the sea of His mercy. The Creator of all is one God; the Provider, the Giver, the Protector of all is one God. He is kind to all; why should we be unkind? All live beneath the shadow of His love; why should we hate each other? There are certain people who are ignorant; they must be educated. Some are like children; they must be trained and educated until they reach maturity. Others are sickly, intellectually ill, spiritually ill; they must be treated and healed. But all are the servants of God.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 169

Regards Tony

Yes many. Basically God can only be understood through the Messengers, Jesus the Christ being a source of that knowledge.

Here is an example.

"All human creatures are the servants of God. All are submerged in the sea of His mercy. The Creator of all is one God; the Provider, the Giver, the Protector of all is one God. He is kind to all; why should we be unkind? All live beneath the shadow of His love; why should we hate each other? There are certain people who are ignorant; they must be educated. Some are like children; they must be trained and educated until they reach maturity. Others are sickly, intellectually ill, spiritually ill; they must be treated and healed. But all are the servants of God.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 169

Regards Tony
Did you read 1 Kings 18? I was wondering if you can get a similar story in other scriptures...... this text you gave does not compare with 1 Kings 18 in my opinion.

Eternity, our soul will go on forever. The question is where will it go after death?

What does it mean to you that your soul will go on forever? Will it continue to develop in some way? Will it experience all possible things, forever being such a long time that this becomes possible? Will it experience anything at all? Will it go to a single place, or will it wander around? If so, will it have to avoid certain places?

Who do you believe will have their names written in the Book of the Life?

Given that I don't have any gods, I don't believe in the literal existence of such books.

In Judaism, and perhaps some Christian denominations, the Book of the Living contains the names of the righteous, I believe? The means of attaining righteousness would differ between the two religions, of course.

Then there is Chinese religion, where the Monkey King managed to get his name (and those of his fellow monkeys) erased from the Book of Death, thus gaining immortality. He proceeded to upset the serenity of the heavens with his pranks and acs of insubordination, and had to be subdued by the Buddha, who piled a mountain on him. So, eternity can be portrayed as a very lively place, by the traditions :)

I tend to focus on this life. There seem to be people around me (not here on this forum) who have frozen or even "dead" hearts (in the emotional sense, the affective sense) - no empathy, no compassion, no love, no joy. While I would not presume to judge them for what may be a condition of the psyche, I do sometimes wonder if such people aren't in a way on the "not quite alive" side of a hypothetical ledger.

What does it mean to you that your soul will go on forever? Will it continue to develop in some way? Will it experience all possible things, forever being such a long time that this becomes possible? Will it experience anything at all? Will it go to a single place, or will it wander around? If so, will it have to avoid certain places?
I cannot tell you what you want to know, because my first experience will be when when I am absent of this world. I believe what God says and He said that we will not be able to fathom what He has install for us.... that makes me excited. But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”

Given that I don't have any gods, I don't believe in the literal existence of such books.
I understand. What is your belief when it comes to life after death?

I tend to focus on this life.
I tend to focus on the life that never ends..... the only time we can make a decision which path to take is in this life....that is the most important part of this life to me.
There seem to be people around me (not here on this forum) who have frozen or even "dead" hearts (in the emotional sense, the affective sense) - no empathy, no compassion, no love, no joy. While I would not presume to judge them for what may be a condition of the psyche, I do sometimes wonder if such people aren't in a way on the "not quite alive" side of a hypothetical ledger.
I agree. When you accept Jesus in your heart you become a new creation....
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
Will give you a new heart...
Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh
As you probably know, you will know them by their fruit. "Love thy enemy"

Last edited:
Did you read 1 Kings 18? I was wondering if you can get a similar story in other scriptures...... this text you gave does not compare with 1 Kings 18 in my opinion.

Elijah always comes first. Elijah in this age was the Bab(Gate) and the Shrine of the Bab is on Mount Carmel, not far from the Cave of Elijah. Baha'u'llah (Glory of God) also pitched his tent on Mount Carmel and revealed the 'Tablet of Carmel'.

I went on pilgrimage to Haifa and Akka to visit the holy places and while there visited the monastery that has the cave of Elijah.

Is there any part you wish to point out?

Regards Tony

Elijah always comes first. Elijah in this age was the Bab(Gate) and the Shrine of the Bab is on Mount Carmel, not far from the Cave of Elijah. Baha'u'llah (Glory of God) also pitched his tent on Mount Carmel and revealed the 'Tablet of Carmel'.

I went on pilgrimage to Haifa and Akka to visit the holy places and while there visited the monastery that has the cave of Elijah.

Is there any part you wish to point out?

Regards Tony
I am sorry Tony, we are not on the same page. I was wondering if the story of Elijah and the 400 Baal prophets was mentioned in other scriptures like the Quran or the Vedas.

I made a trip to Israel as well, it is surreal to walk where your Lord has dwelled. I got baptized in the Jordan river and made trips to the "holy places" Whether it is the true places I am not sure, like Bethlehem or Lazarus's grave.

Do you believe that John 3:16 is the Truth? 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. The only way to God the Father is through His Son Jesus Christ....not through any other prophet or man.

Last edited:
I cannot tell you what you want to know, because my first experience will be when when I am absent of this world. I believe what God says and He said that we will not be able to fathom what He has install for us.... that makes me excited. But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”

Right. I meant to ask, what do you believe eternal life will be like? The passage you quote is phrased in such a way that it could mean almost anything. Buddhist scripture contains a very similar description of Nirvana - but Buddhism does not contain any notion of an immortal, eternal soul or essential self.

Right. I meant to ask, what do you believe eternal life will be like?
Total bliss. I believe that God has made it possible through His Son Jesus for us to be part of His family. He is my Father not just my Creator. To be away from God is the opposite of total bliss, total suffering which will be never ending...(we call this hell) I assume other religions have different names for the same place.

Do you believe that John 3:16 is the Truth? 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
No. Bahais (Tony is a Bahai) cannot accept this, because they do not accept that Jesus was the son of God.
There will be, as God always guides us aright.
God has already given guidance in all religions for all times. There cannot be any new guidance.

Last edited:
I hope you are correct for your sake, but if you know a bit of the Word you should know that none of us are holy, we have all sinned and the wages of sin is death. What makes it so difficult to make Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour? He can save you... how would you know if you are sincere enough for God to meet you where you are? Should we not rather seek God or should we hope He will meet us where we are? The Word of God guides us to Salvation... This well known verse(John 3:16) can help you understand if you are interested....it is all about Jesus who pays for the sins of man and those who believe in Him shall not perish...
But you are beyond sins, you are holy. You have now been baptized in the waters of river Jordan and you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Even if you sin, all that you have to do is repent and the slate will be wiped clean. Jesus has already paid the price for your sins. Pre-paid, as they say.

Last edited:
But you are beyond sins, you are holy. You have now been baptized in the waters of river Jordan and you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Even if you sin, all that you have to do is repent and the slate will be wiped clean. Jesus has already paid the price for your sins. Pre-paid, as they say.
Yes, but I believe you cannot be holy and still sin. I am Saved by the Blood of Jesus and there will come a time when I do not sin, but this will be in my next life with the Lord. In the flesh we all sin, for we are weak and fall for temptations all the time...:(

No. Bahais (Tony is a Bahai) cannot accept this, because they do not accept that Jesus was the son of God.God has already given guidance in all religions for all times. There cannot be any new guidance.
Thanks, I am not so informed on the Bahai religion. So their God is not the God of the Bible.

Back