Just Call Me George

copacetic, yes?
I came across that word in "Neon Rain" by James Lee Burke – a book about New Orleans PI named Dave Robicheaux,

Good reads ... and a word I've used, I think, twice since, and heard a couple of times, too.

I came across that word in "Neon Rain" by James Lee Burke – a book about New Orleans PI named Dave Robicheaux,

Good reads ... and a word I've used, I think, twice since, and heard a couple of times, too.
I agree James Lee Burke is a good read, although the endings sometimes unravel a bit loosely, imo
Nothing copacetic about Dave Robicheaux, lol

I think it was said by his erstwhile partner, Cletus Purcell, who was most definitely not copa-thingy!

Reactions: RJM
Copacetic is my preferred way of being.
LOL.

Showing off, I drop 'copacetic' into a conversation:
"I've never heard that word, what's it mean?"
"D'you know my friend Wil on IO?"
"Never met him."
"Hmm ... Difficult ... Got a dictionary?"

LOL.

Showing off, I drop 'copacetic' into a conversation:
"I've never heard that word, what's it mean?"
"D'you know my friend Wil on IO?"
"Never met him."
"Hmm ... Difficult ... Got a dictionary?"
Not the first.time I have been referred to as difficult....or to the dictionary.

Often the definitions in my mind differ from those in the dictionary....but in that I am also not alone. Especially when it comes to words like cult, or woke, and copacetic!

LOL, I didn't mean you are difficult, I meant understanding copacetic ('everything is cool', 'he's a laid-back guy') is difficult to explain if they haven't met you!

It was a compliment, you mutt!

Back