Fools

Faithfulservant

Reaction score
I feel compelled to post after reading through a few threads. I see a brother of mine posting in conviction of his faith and I see his heart in it. He hasn't learned how to navigate the sensitive communication etiquette needing to be applied here and it's frustrating to me because I agree with everything he says. It's like a bull in a China shop. I see him being attacked on all ends because he simply does not add simple things like IMO. He also posts in places like belief and spirituality where it's open season.

I see others not being regulated because they are maybe more skilled at phrasing things but are essentially doing the same thing.

Proverbs addresses the topic of arguing with fools. We also see Jesus telling us not to cast pearls before swine.

A fool starts fights. (Proverbs 18:6)
A fool is easily upset. (Proverbs 12:16)
A fool believes everything he reads. (Proverbs 14:15)
A fool loves to talk, but hates to listen. (Proverbs 18:2)
A fool is fiercely independent. (Proverbs 28:26)
A fool makes light of sin. (Proverbs 10:23)
A fool hates their mama. (Proverbs 15:20)

There are uncomfortable truths about ourselves.. James said Scripture is like a mirror (James 1:22–25)

@Faithfulservant Thanks for this

Nevertheless our Code of Conduct does not allow aggressive attacks of other faiths or on other posters. These are not dedicated Christian forums. All faiths are represented here. Play the ball, not the man?
Bull in a China shop! I'm just glad that His Grace is sufficient because we are all fools in one way or another. I've been a fool here easily upset with attacks and I rise to the bait. This is another sin I work on.

And there's more: Proverbs 26, and Matthew 5:22.
Just observing, it seems to be more our Brother's combativeness that is wearying to others, more so than any foolishness.
(Bull in a china shop, as stated. That's the rub)

Given that it is impolite to speak of someone in a group in the third person…… Hey, @Thinking required - we are, at least in part, talking about you. Don’t thank me though. I’ve held my peace for a very long time, but my patience is rapidly growing thin. If I need to have my say, I don’t want to do it behind your back.

Faithful...you are his last hope here, we can't get thru to him, hopefully you can. He seems intelligent and passionate about his faith...yet finds being respectful of others beliefs impossible.

He came in like a hurricane, refusing to provide an intro or read our COC. Bulls in chinashops are unacceptable if we wish to keep any China.

I would just wish he would follow some of the Scriptures he claims to support.

As you are fully aware, interfaith discussion is not for everyone, and takes work for folks that are zealous. We all have to hold our tongues and delete posts we know go to far.

Faithful...you are his last hope here, we can't get thru to him, hopefully you can. He seems intelligent and passionate about his faith...yet finds being respectful of others beliefs impossible.

He came in like a hurricane, refusing to provide an intro or read our COC. Bulls in chinashops are unacceptable if we wish to keep any China.

I would just wish he would follow some of the Scriptures he claims to support.

As you are fully aware, interfaith discussion is not for everyone, and takes work for folks that are zealous. We all have to hold our tongues and delete posts we know go to far.
I don't think he is invested in relationships here.. even with me. That's probably what holds my tongue often enough because I care about you guys so my dialogue is somewhat censored lol. It didn't used to be if you remember.

I'm a firm believer in killing with kindness and showing grace to difficult people. I feel like the mods are giving him more than enough chances and I appreciate that.. but if you think about it he has sparked many lively discussions? 🤗

It's strange to me that he hasn't even once posted in Christianity and seems to seek out forums that create the most heat. That's what makes me question his ultimate motive.. almost like he's trying to get booted.. to what purpose?

@Thinking required care to chime in? All you have to do is quit calling people names and attacking someone's belief system. If you your intent and want is to lead someone to the truth of Jesus Christ you are not being a light showing the grace mercy and love that God showed you . You are being a bit of a Bull-y. Lol

I don't want you to get booted.. you have so much to contribute here.

And where the heck did @juantoo3 go??

And where the heck did @juantoo3 go??
He has been back around lately...but it has been over a week.

He went on a much longer sabbatical before ... I think as most of us have (def both of us, lol) sometimes it is needed. We come back and find it is a cuddle puddle of old friends....so refreshing.
That's probably what holds my tongue often enough because I care about you guys so my dialogue is somewhat censored lol. It didn't used to be if you remember.
Exactly, the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe!

Because you care!

We all do, therein lies the difference.

And how can we not?

We care about them as well, but they have to show a willingness to tip the scale in their direction....it doesn't take that much

I have not followed the posts by @Thinking required much, we do not seem to share the same interests. But over my years of using forums, I feel that I have learned to recognize his style. He is clearly an intelligent individual who has put in his study time. Importantly, I believe, he is proud of that. His brain and his hard work have led him to a faith that puts little value on such self-love. Catch-22. So he compensates, with attention-seeking. At least that is all I have seen, "look at me".

Thinking required account disabled at his own request. It's not a ban, which might reflect on his general online credibility, and the account can be re-enabled at his own request in line with our Code of Conduct 'club rules'

Thinking required account disabled at his own request. It's not a ban, which might reflect on his general online credibility, and the account can be re-enabled at his own request in line with our Code of Conduct 'club rules'
That's sad. 😞

I have an analogy for this. In a pack dogs will correct other dogs that have bad energy or that aren't playing nice. If that dog won't be corrected they will leave the pack and go solo.

I regret that he left. Of course, it's always been hard, close to impossible to discuss with him, and I've been quite rude with my later post where I cited just the saying "don't give the sacred to the dogs…". This was my reaction to his disrespect for the Quran, and I thought I would rather start to take him where he is, first trying to open his ears to other Christian thoughts. Now, he will continue to despise Catholics and hate Islam. It would have been a challenge for me, but at distance, there are enough other people on whom I can invest my time.

@Thinking required has asked for his account to be locked
What is locked account vs disabled account

I mean all accounts are locked...only the one with password has access.

I don't understand why one would just not leave (as many of us have over the years)

It's often hard to bite my tongue and stay away, when I read something I'm burning to respond to -- tell me about it.

So I don't think @Thinking required is the attention grabbing type, but just vigorously determined to correct manipulation and selective use of the Bible that he values above all else and to put the right message out there, from his own point of view.

He chose to walk, which was admirable, imo

Anyway, he can no longer respond to defend himself, so ...

Back