Fools

It seems that I have offended you @RJM and for that, I am truly sorry. It was not my intention to upset anybody and that includes @Thinking required, who actually I quite like and hope returns. If I wish to offend or get into a fight, "attention Seeker" is not a term that I would consider using.
Maybe I am wrong about him, but as @wil wrote, "35 posts a day" maybe I am not.
the Bible that he values above all else and to put the right message out there, from his own point of view.
Really? He chose one of the smallest forums on the internet for his pulpit. The phrase "big fish in a small pond" comes to mind, but maybe I am wrong.
He chose to walk, which was admirable, imo
He caused some strong feelings and did a vanishing act. Nothing admirable about that.
Anyway, he can no longer respond to defend himself, so ...
Not correct. He can read this any time and is free to re-open his account, otherwise, I would not have posted.

Rest easy dude....we all push each other's buttons occasionally. The difference is, he chose to do it intentionally....even when he chose his moniker for this site. Those who are more literal believers, holding to "the word" admired and respected his interps and Biblical thought and were easier to overlook the blatantly incendiary comments and insults directed at we who don't believe or have more liberal interpretations.

I think we all respected his knowledge and appreciated his viewpoint...he just could not stop his holier than thou this site is boring and yall are stupid parade. As FS indicated, he didn't choose to keep his "the Bible is right" rants to the Christian section, but out in the open air, like a street corner preacher standing in a milk crate...again, he knew full well what he was doing (again imo, he wasn't atupid)

It is a thin line we walk. Also as FS indicated she was more vocal and more incensed here in the past but has grown personally and grown to respect the site and us despite varying beliefs. We all learn to hold our tongue, some better than others.

I doubt there are many who come by and don't have a moment or two of irritation with me...we are all works in orogress...we all miss the mark (sin).

It seems that I have offended you @RJM and for that, I am truly sorry. It was not my intention to upset anybody and that includes @Thinking required, who actually I quite like and hope returns.
I've no reason to feel offended and I do apologize if I have offended you. He just didn't strike me as a very forum savvy guy, as @Faithfulservant pointed out. In the end we have to try to look after the website, imo

Given that it is impolite to speak of someone in a group in the third person…… Hey, @Thinking required - we are, at least in part, talking about you. Don’t thank me though. I’ve held my peace for a very long time, but my patience is rapidly growing thin. If I need to have my say, I don’t want to do it behind your back.
Hey, I even talk to myself in the third person sometimes!

Well, this has been a very strange experience. I made an observation about somebody who may well (hopefully) come back and reply. It then seems to have turned rather nasty.
I came back in a conciliatory manner and explained my reasoning but that has not really cleared the air. No @RJM you did not offend me, you have said far worse in the past. I was however a little taken aback by the vigour of your defence.
I saw Faithfullservant (who I had come to like and respect) distributing 'Likes' to the various posts with the obvious omission of mine and I must admit that it did hurt. One moment I was on the sidelines of a casual conversation and now I felt like the villain of the group.

I guess that when a forum can get to you like that, it is time to take a break.

Well, this has been a very strange experience. I made an observation about somebody who may well (hopefully) come back and reply. It then seems to have turned rather nasty.
I came back in a conciliatory manner and explained my reasoning but that has not really cleared the air. No @RJM you did not offend me, you have said far worse in the past. I was however a little taken aback by the vigour of your defence.
I saw Faithfullservant (who I had come to like and respect) distributing 'Likes' to the various posts with the obvious omission of mine and I must admit that it did hurt. One moment I was on the sidelines of a casual conversation and now I felt like the villain of the group.

I guess that when a forum can get to you like that, it is time to take a break.
Oh my heart! I just randomly hit the like button sometimes and fail to hit the like button on everything I like. I very much like and respect you as well. Believe that!! I felt like you took @RJM post personally and I did not see that it was meant like that. So take heart you are very much appreciated here so no need to take a break!!

Reactions: RJM
Can't please the world

I apologize again for any offence to @Leveller
I thought I was just stating my opinion on the subject

So I don't think @Thinking required is the attention grabbing type, but just vigorously determined to correct manipulation and selective use of the Bible that he values above all else and to put the right message out there, from his own point of view.
Yet somehow every thread he was in ended up being about him, and this is a thread about him.
Sorry to revisit what many may hope to be a closed chapter. I was away myself for a few days last week and overlooked this.
Interesting development though.

Better to be thought a fool than post and remove all doubt!
If you think this was an attempt to silence...well, anyone....far be it.

I wore the uniform for this country, for one hitch. That's how much I believe in this country.

I wouldn't advise any of my young family to join right now. The military has become a pale shadow of itself, and has lost its purpose and intent.

One has to ask, why? What good is a nation without a military to defend itself? I suppose one could point to Costa Rica, si? Or maybe Cuba?

If you think this was an attempt to silence...well, anyone....far be it.

I wore the uniform for this country, for one hitch. That's how much I believe in this country.

I wouldn't advise any of my young family to join right now. The military has become a pale shadow of itself, and has lost its purpose and intent.

One has to ask, why? What good is a nation without a military to defend itself? I suppose one could point to Costa Rica, si? Or maybe Cuba?
Japan was also limited from having a military too -- some kind of agreement post WWII?

Back