Yeshua Never Existed . . . Change my Mind

You have made up your own mind, thus my original statement stands.

May your life be all you want it to be. (Interestingly God allows that to unfold, it is actually its own punishment, part of my own life experiences, have shown me that is so).

I now have nothing meaningful I can now share with you in a chat, so it will be a good bye. Regards Tony
Pay attention to what the Thread is about and comment on the topic, I have no interest in your proselytizing.

This is a discussion forum....you are already aware of the facts and have not changed your mind...therefor this doesn't appear to be a discussion, nor have any interfaith attempt..simply a troll.

. . . Change my Mind

No need to change your mind, as the broad consensus of 'critical thinking' goes against you – your arguments to show we're wrong are non-arguments.

We have multiple attestations to the existence of Jesus, whereas many notable historical figures stand on very few. Indeed, Bart Ehrman estimates around 25 authors who attest to Jesus, which is way more than many of the notable figures of antiquity – Ehrman is a critic of Christian Christology, a non-believer, yet he acknowleges the clear implication of the weight of evidence – his is, at the very least, an informed opinion.

Much of the writings of antiquity have been lost. There is little that would meet your criteria to prove the existence of any Jew or Christian in this period – by your book, Pontius Pilate and even Emperor Tiberius – indeed, according to your thesis, most of the history of Rome is a mythical fiction.

The historian Josephus was said to be a personal favourite of Emperor Vespasian, yet is not mentioned in any contemporary Greek or Roman sources, so he too, must not have existed ... apply your criteria across the board, and those who can be said to have existed would be very thin on the ground ...

And, as for your 'well-kept Roman records' nonsense, perhaps you can point us to the records of Roman executions in the region, covering, say 20-40AD?

This is a discussion forum....you are already aware of the facts and have not changed your mind...therefor this doesn't appear to be a discussion, nor have any interfaith attempt..simply a troll.

. . . Change my Mind
In other words 'you got nuthin' . . . move along

No need to change your mind, as the broad consensus of 'critical thinking' goes against you – your arguments to show we're wrong are non-arguments.

We have multiple attestations to the existence of Jesus, whereas many notable historical figures stand on very few. Indeed, Bart Ehrman estimates around 25 authors who attest to Jesus, which is way more than many of the notable figures of antiquity – Ehrman is a critic of Christian Christology, a non-believer, yet he acknowleges the clear implication of the weight of evidence – his is, at the very least, an informed opinion.

Much of the writings of antiquity have been lost. There is little that would meet your criteria to prove the existence of any Jew or Christian in this period – by your book, Pontius Pilate and even Emperor Tiberius – indeed, according to your thesis, most of the history of Rome is a mythical fiction.

The historian Josephus was said to be a personal favourite of Emperor Vespasian, yet is not mentioned in any contemporary Greek or Roman sources, so he too, must not have existed ... apply your criteria across the board, and those who can be said to have existed would be very thin on the ground ...

And, as for your 'well-kept Roman records' nonsense, perhaps you can point us to the records of Roman executions in the region, covering, say 20-40AD?
And what have you provided that will change my mind? Nothing . . .

. . . Change my Mind
Facts! What facts?

Yeshua was about love.

G!d is Love.

Let's talk about that, shall we? Or will you run and hide yet again?
LMFAO!
Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.” (Matthew 10:21)

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. (Matthew 11:20)

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. (Matthew 15:4-7)

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. (Matthew 19:29)

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come. (Mark 4:25)

Jesus okays beating slaves. (Luke 12:47)

Yeshua's family and contemporaries regarded him as delusional, possessed by demons, or insane.
And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for people were saying, "He is beside himself". And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Be-el′zebul, and by the prince of demons he casts out the demons".
— Mark 3:21–22
There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. Many of them said, "He has a demon, and he is mad; why listen to him?"
— John 10:19–20

Well, bless your heart!

Must be nice to pick things out of context and misconstrue. Not surprising though.

That must be why he doesn't even exist...he is possessed by Beelzebul. Oh wait, one has to exist in order for that to be possible...

Now I'm confused, do you think Jesus / Yeshua exists, or no? If he doesn't exist, none of this you point to can be correct or even matter...it only applies if he exists.

Reactions: RJM
G!d is Love.

Let's talk about that, shall we? Or will you run and hide yet again?
Now THAT is FUNNY!
A Divine Warrior appropriated by the Abrahamics is Love!

1 Chronicles 21
-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people

Deuteronomy 3
-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value

Joshua 6
-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”
-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead

2 Kings 10:18-27
God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

Judges 21:10-24
God has an entire town killed and the virgins repeatedly raped, and then wanted more virgins, so they hid beside the road to kidnap and rape some more.

Numbers 31:7-18
"They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men . . . Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Deuteronomy 20:10-14
"As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you."

Deuteronomy 21:10-14
"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house . . . After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife."

In total God kills 371,186 people directly . . . and that's not even including the appropriated Flood from Sumerian literature.

Well, bless your heart!

Must be nice to pick things out of context and misconstrue. Not surprising though.

That must be why he doesn't even exist...he is possessed by Beelzebul. Oh wait, one has to exist in order for that to be possible...

Now I'm confused, do you think Jesus / Yeshua exists, or no? If he doesn't exist, none of this you point to can be correct or even matter...it only applies if he exists.
You're too easily confused . . . stop talking to me

Nice dodge regarding the subject of love.

Taker vs giver, selfish vs selfless.

Thank you for proving my point. You clearly are incapable of love, because the only person you love is yourself.

Well, bless your heart.

1695327506820.png

Well, bless your heart, no. You're not my boss and you don't scare me. If you were able to do anything, you already would have.
And why would I have? Oh, that's right, because WE Evil Satanists are out to destroy everyone else . . . grow up.
I have news for you, WE are far more moral and ethical than the majority of every other faith.

Back