!!......The Di Vinci Code......!!

Interesting the lover and the beloved/ bridal chamber came from the Gnostics who it is said were the earliest Christians. In Gnosticism it is the reuniting of Sophia and Christ. The masculine and feminine forces. I will see if I can find some info on that.

Sacredstar

here is a few quotes to consider

BRIDES OF CHRIST

There is power which surpasses power. Therefore, the perfect things have opened to us, together with the hidden things of truth. The holies of the holies were revealed, and the bridal chamber invited us in.

As long as it is hidden, wickedness is indeed ineffectual, but it has not been removed from the midst of the seed of the Holy Spirit. They are slaves of evil. But when it is revealed, then the perfect light will flow out on every one. And all those who are in it will receive the chrism. Then the slaves will be free and the captives ransomed. "Every plant which my father who is in heaven has not planted will be plucked out." (Mt 15:13) Those who are separated will unite [...] and will be filled. Every one who will enter the bridal chamber will kindle the light, for [...] just as in the marriages which are [...] happen at night. That fire [...] only at night, and is put out. But the mysteries of that marriage are perfected rather in the day and the light. Neither that day nor its light ever sets. If anyone becomes a son of the bridal chamber, he will receive the light. If anyone does not receive it while he is here, he will not be able to receive it in the other place. He who will receive that light will not be seen, nor can he be detained. And none shall be able to torment a person like this, even while he dwells in the world. And again when he leaves the world, he has already received the truth in the images. The world has become the Aeon (eternal realm), for the Aeon is fullness for him. This is the way it is: it is revealed to him alone, not hidden in the darkness and the night, but hidden in a perfect day and a holy light.

The Gospel of Phllip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gnosis is Consciousness of the Oneness. Consciousness requires the duality of subject and object. Gnosis, therefore, is the realisation of the essential oneness through the apparant duality. This is symbolised by the mystical marriage of the Christ and Goddess.

"It is inherent in our faith that in the end we will all attain Oneness through Gnosis of GOD's son, becoming fully initiated human beings, equal to nothing less then the 'pleroma of Christ'. Paul, Letter to the Ephesians.

The Hebrew word for knowledge is daath, which also means sexual union. Gnosis truly is knowledge in the biblical sense! It is the coming together of the opposites in such intimacy that they become one. It is God and Goddess making love and so restoring the primal unity of the mystery. It is the One being two becoming One.

Jesus and the Goddess

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Revelation 22:1-3, a river of life will flow from the throne of God to bring life and fruitfulness to the city and ultimately healing to the nations: "The angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The portion of the shadowland of the unconscious emerges in perceptibie form, mingled wiht the personality of the human personality. The fourth and last stage is the mystical marriage, known often under its classical name of hieros gamos. This thoroughly gnositc development - which according to all indications constituted the essence of the forgotten rite of the Valentinean Gnostics, referred to in vaiouus writings as the mystery of the bridal chamber - still utilises the presence of the living personalities partners.

However, by way of intricate processes of modifications and transformations to which the projections ar subjected, the 'mystic marriage' brings about an internalisation of the love relationship.

This ultimately results in the total transformation of the partners into spiritual adrogynes in whom the opposites have been united in the alchemy of love, or to use the words of the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas, "the male and the female have become a single one." This Gnostic process has little in common with a unisex society.

This process causes the fertilisation of the psychological cosmic egg, out of which new cosmos of consciousness is destined to come forth. It is thus that, as the result of the aeonial game of the dancing and battling opposites, the final union of heaven and earth begets and brings forth the androgynous Anthropos, the New Man, the Christ of the Gnostics and the force whereby we might ascend.

The Gnostic Jung and seven sermons to the dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In regard to salvation, or the fate of the spirit and soul after death, one needs to be aware that help is available. Valentinus, the greatest of Gnostic teachers, taught that Christ and Sophia await the spiritual man -- the pneumatic Gnostic -- at the entrance of the Pleroma, and help him to enter the bridechamber of final reunion.

www.gnostic.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Essene Book of Revelations

and my heart was heavy with compassion
and I looked, and lo
There appeared a great heaven:
A woman clothed wiht the sun, and the moon under her feet,
and upon her head a crown of seven stars.
And I knew she was the source of running streams
and the Mother of the Forests,

and I spoke in a loud voice saying

'Brothers, drop they swords and take hold of my hand. Leave off this defiling and descretion of she. Who hath given thee birth.
For thy days of buying and selling are over,
and over too, they days of hunting and killing.
For he that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity.

And he that killeth with the sword must be killed by the sword. For the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn.

For by the sorceries were all nations deceived

Drop they swords my brother and take hold of my hand.

And the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard.

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of the saints.

GOD shall wipe away all tears from their eyes and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be anymore pain. For the former things are passed away.

Those that made war shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruninghooks:

Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore: For the former things are passed away.

and the leaves of the tree are for healing the nations. And they need no candle, neither light of the sun, for the Lord God giveth them light.

blessings in abundance

Sacredstar

As Christianity enters its third millennium, the church is experiencing what many would regard as its greatest challenge since the Reformation. In the face of this challenge there is a crying need for as spiritual renewal within the church, something which in truth can only happen through a rediscovery and reassertion of the true spiritual roots of this great religion. This is no easy task, for over the centuries this roots have been virutally lost, due the church having turned its back on the purely spiritual planes, in favour of a more temporal or worldly agenda. Many dimly sense the truth of this loss, but it is a loss the consequences of which are rarely, if ever, been properly addressed or articulated. For the truth of the matter is that through fear and ignorance, any real attempt at gaining knowledge of the Holy Spirit of Sophia was early on abandoned; and eventually, at the Universal Church's 4th General Council held in Constantinople in 869 A.D. the existence of this spirit was even dogmatically denied. The shocking historical record of the Church regarding the true spirit of Christianity.

The Tragic History of Christianity, The Church's war against the Spirit of Sophia by Sam Byrne, Ulster, Northern Ireland.
ISBN 0-9540255-0-4

"It is inherent in our faith that in the end we will all attain Oneness through Gnosis of GOD's son, becoming fully initiated human beings, equal to nothing less then the 'pleroma of Christ'. Paul, Letter to the Ephesians.

Sacredstar, could you please give the bible reference for this quote? My NIV does not use this same language and I can't locate it.

cheers,

Dear Lunamoth

If I get time I will go back to the source Jesus and the Goddess written by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy and see if they give any other references for the quote in the bibliography.

being love

Sacredstar

the above quote was sourced some months ago so I must remember to make chapter and page number notes. But while looking for the original I found this which I thought was quite interesting.

"Paul was such an important figure in the Christian community that at the end of the second century the newly emerging Christian Literalism could not simply reject him as a misguided heretic but felt compelled to reshape him as a Literalist. They forged in his name the (now thoroughly discredited) 'Pastoral Letters', in which Paul is made to spout anti-Gnostic propaganda. 133. Throughout his genuine letters, however, Paul uses characteristically Gnostic language and gives Gnostic teachings, a fact that is deliberately obscured by Literalist translators' Page 28 Chapter Two The Original Christians. Jesus and the GODDESS

There is great scholarly debate about Paul's letters, with only 7 of the 13 letters of the NT accepted as, mostly authentic.

being love

Sacredstar

"Paul was such an important figure in the Christian community that at the end of the second century the newly emerging Christian Literalism could not simply reject him as a misguided heretic but felt compelled to reshape him as a Literalist. They forged in his name the (now thoroughly discredited) 'Pastoral Letters', in which Paul is made to spout anti-Gnostic propaganda. 133. Throughout his genuine letters, however, Paul uses characteristically Gnostic language and gives Gnostic teachings, a fact that is deliberately obscured by Literalist translators' Page 28 Chapter Two The Original Christians. Jesus and the GODDESS
Humm this gonna fire up a few I am sure.

Paul a man who (by description of Peter) was writing things people where already twisting to their own destruction. 2Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16: As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction
He was writing letters to His friends followers of Christ (The Churches) Alot of his writings have to do with things going on in that era and in that culture. Good as an example of sound judgment but I do not believe he would have considered his letters to be Holy Scripture. Timothy was told to study the Scripture to show himself approved a workman rightly dividing the word of truth. I think Pauls writings show us an example of the Dividing the word of truth. But also in grey areas he said I tell you this not of commandment but just plain old using good judgement in example 1Cor 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

I dont claim to be writing Scripture here But if it makes Good sence and helps lead you to a closer relationship to Jesus feel free to use it.
But please dont twist it to your own destruction that would not be cool at all.

I like Paul makes good sence for the most part hasn't lead me down the wrong path yet. I think most Christians would agree with that. I am sure his letters would be much different if written today and depending on what generation he was in.

If ya want to believe in the Holy Spirit as the female part of God well I ask you this does it make you feel closer to the Son? If so than its your salvation to work out. Stay attached to the vine and stuff will get pruned buy the Father in time.
I myself feel God using the term Father to describe Himself is More for us to understand just a small basic part of a very complex Being? He is so much more than just male or female our feeble little minds wouldn't grasp it if He did reveal all of Himself to us.
Gender is so strange when a woman finds she is pregnant some are overjoyed and dont worry about gender all they care about is the "Baby" Others run down everyweek and have test after test and sonograms till they can see what it is, thats fine too.
I my self have God in my heart and choose the Joy of just knowing that much for sure. NO TEST NEEDED FOR ME

Timothy Freke and Peter GandyI know who these authors are. I am not reading there books any more. I hardly consider them Christians. I see them doing just the opposite. Talk about Rome and there Pagan Myths.?. :(

The Di Vinci Code...... I dont see what any of this has to do with Jesus, the Jesus that is written of in the bible.

That is all these people are into. Sorry, but Jesus needs no code by any one and neither does he need any extra help with more books that add more myth.

He was crucified, buried and God raised him up. I dont see any myth in God resurrected a man. In fact I see that as the only hope we have.

well the only hope we have is for humanity to change fast, GOD is not going to step in to save us during these end times, but Jesus and his mother are doing all they can to help us make the breakthroughs.........

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

well the only hope we have is for humanity to change fast and take responsibility for what we have co-created.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Postmaster said:
It all depends, if you marry and then decide to become a priest this is allowed. But if you devote to priest hood before you get married then you will not be allowed to get married. But Priests follow in Jesus Christs steps and image however they know that they are human. ;)

Christianity wouldn't have made it so far if Jesus was a hypocrite it’s not possible. If it is, I will not take any religion seriously let a lone Christianity.

Christianity wouldn't have made it so far, hmmmmmmmmm. What do you know about Constantine and ancient Rome. Constantine took Christianity and incorporated it into his empire and used it to his advantage. Christianity does not resemble the christ movement of 1st century. Check it out. Constantine, perhaps the greatest culprit for the package we call christianity today. Jesus' words were robbed from him and used to manipulate the masses. Read about the council of Nicea. All those opposed were exiled. Learn about the Crusades and the antisemitism that occured in the name of Jesus. This was never his intention, of that I am sure.
As Sacred star said, the christ seed has transcended human error, it has seeped through the cracks of our concrete walls and our collective thinking. Christs message couldn't be altered. It appeared they won but they didn't. The truth shall be revealed and is being revealed. ie; Nag Hammadi, Dead Sea Scrolls the internet to facuilitate discussion worldwide. This is an amazing time to be alive.

A comment on Jesus and Mary Magdaline. First we all know that she wasn't a prostitute ..right. Now that that is setteled I'll continue.

Has anyone noticed that throughout the Bible men and women meet at wells or through the act of drawing water?. I don't know how many cases of this there are but i'll give a couple examples;Genesis 24:12-66, Exodus 2:15-21, Who was the samaritan woman Jesus met at the well?

didymus said:
A comment on Jesus and Mary Magdaline. First we all know that she wasn't a prostitute ..right. Now that that is setteled I'll continue.

Has anyone noticed that throughout the Bible men and women meet at wells or through the act of drawing water?. I don't know how many cases of this there are but i'll give a couple examples;Genesis 24:12-66, Exodus 2:15-21, Who was the samaritan woman Jesus met at the well?
Hello Dyd,

Wasn't the water of life always the jist of the story during these scenarios?

And wasn't the Samaritan woman the one with 6 husbands (dead) and a seventh man living with her, not her husband? And did she not tell all who would listen that this man "Jesus" told her about her whole life? (plus the fact that a Jew even took time to speak with a Samaritan and a woman)?

Jesus as I recall offered the Samaritan woman "eternal water"...

Hmmm, Breath of life, living waters, salt of the earth, fertile soil, Baptism by fire. Very Alchemic me thinks.:D

v/r

Q

Dear didymus

didymus said:
The christ seed has transcended human error, it has seeped through the cracks of our concrete walls and our collective thinking. Christs (true) message couldn't be altered.

WOW I love the way you have brought that into being....wonderful quote.

Here is some info on water

Harmonic Epiphany

The water of Aquarius symbolises divine feminine gift from GOD to restore life to an ailing planet and assure continuance of the human race. The Epiphany is known as the Feast of the Blessing of Water and also The Feast of Lights or the Day of Illumination. The Greek word ‘epiphany’ means manifestation of divinity and in Old Slavonic, the feast is called ‘Bohojavlenije’ equivalent to the Greek ‘Theophany’, which means the manifestation of the Godhead.

Master Jesus imparted upon water a mystical power of sanctification, a sign of heavenly streams of divine grace - through prayer and blessing one receives a ‘quickening power’ and evocation of the holy spirit. This ritual goes back to ancient times, when it was custom to go in procession to the nearest stream or river to perform the ritual of blessing the water.

In the ritual of baptism, both Judaism and Christianity adopted the symbolism of Aquarius, whose water brought forth the emergence of new life. Water has always been a most sacred part of Mother Earth, the most powerful expression of the life-giving abundance of the Divine feminine aspect. 70-80% of our bodies and the surface of planet earth is occupied by water - this is the time to honour its sacredness ~ when you love planet earth it loves you right back and when you love yourself you blossom once more.

To assist the integration of this new consciousness on this planet, Divine Mother the feminine aspect of GOD requests that we all be willing instruments for Divine Will to purify the waters in our environment and ourselves with the influx of GOD consciousness that is showering our planet at this time. To hold sacred ceremonies to bless the waters and to pray with this intent.

Let us join together to purify all the water on our precious planet with our love and light. You can bless each glass of water you drink and each shower that you enjoy, go to your local rivers and bless them all for the great gift of life they provide. Please take part in healing the oceans, and continual purification of your memories of imperfection in preparation for the marriage of your soul. Let us not impede our wholeness and hold back from the consummation of this sacred union with GOD .

Take a bottle of water, label it with the word love or perfection
When you are ready take the bottle hold it in your hand and intent it with love. Say I love you water, thank you water, bless you water, you can also infuse it with healing energy before you drink it or pour into your rivers and oceans. Then after you have drunk the water you can say the same words to the waters in your body.

Kim©2003

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

This has to do with the term bridegroom. I noticed in Exodus 4:25-26 they use the term bridegroom in a different way. The parenthesis added are clearly put there after the original writing. Why would the jewish scribes clarify this? It seems maybe it was clarified for another reason. Any ideas?

didymus said:
This has to do with the term bridegroom. I noticed in Exodus 4:25-26 they use the term bridegroom in a different way. The parenthesis added are clearly put there after the original writing. Why would the jewish scribes clarify this? It seems maybe it was clarified for another reason. Any ideas?
Hello Dyd,

The wife of Moses was an Egyptian. Do we know for fact if it was Moses God was about to kill, or the son (s)? If it was Moses, then she was attempting to save Moses from the wrath of God, I think (logically). This might convey that they were deeper in their union as husband and wife, than normal. (just speculating). However, if it were her son (s) about to be killed, then the scene takes on a more ominous slant. She would have thrown the foreskin at the feet of Moses in disgust, possibly. In this case, Bridegroom in Blood, could possibly mean Bridegroom in sin, and she was obeying the Lord in spite of her disgust with her husband's God's ways. Wherein a Bridegroom in white, would be like Jesus, perfect.

Just a thought.

v/r

Q

It seems strange though that Gos was going to kill him because a paragraph earlier Gos was sending moses out on a mission to sway pharoah. I think something is being overlooked here.

The person who wrote the Da Vinci Code, is he Jewish? My cousin told me he might be. I have no problem about that, but that fact that a person of an other faith wrote the book shows that it would be more justified to them on a psychological level.

The Da Vinci Code contains many more (equally dubious) claims about Christianity's historic origins and theological development. The central claim Brown's novel makes about Christianity is that "almost everything our fathers taught us about Christ is false." Why? Because of a single meeting of bishops in 325, at the city of Nicea in modern-day Turkey. There, argues Brown, church leaders who wanted to consolidate their power base (he calls this, anachronistically, "the Vatican" or "the Roman Catholic church") created a divine Christ and an infallible Scripture—both of them novelties that had never before existed among Christians.
Watershed at Nicea
Brown is right about one thing (and not much more). In the course of Christian history, few events loom larger than the Council of Nicea in 325. When the newly converted Roman Emperor Constantine called bishops from around the world to present-day Turkey, the church had reached a theological crossroads.

Led by an Alexandrian theologian named Arius, one school of thought argued that Jesus had undoubtedly been a remarkable leader, but he was not God in flesh. Arius proved an expert logician and master of extracting biblical proof texts that seemingly illustrated differences between Jesus and God, such as John 14:28: "the Father is greater than I." In essence, Arius argued that Jesus of Nazareth could not possibly share God the Father's unique divinity.

In The Da Vinci Code, Brown apparently adopts Arius as his representative for all pre-Nicene Christianity. Referring to the Council of Nicea, Brown claims that "until that moment in history, Jesus was viewed by His followers as a mortal prophet … a great and powerful man, but a man nonetheless."

In reality, early Christians overwhelmingly worshipped Jesus Christ as their risen Savior and Lord. Before the church adopted comprehensive doctrinal creeds, early Christian leaders developed a set of instructional summaries of belief, termed the "Rule" or "Canon" of Faith, which affirmed this truth. To take one example, the canon of prominent second-century bishop Irenaeus took its cue from 1 Corinthians 8:6: "Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ."
Source :- http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/newsletter/2003/nov7.html

I could not Understand all this.....
Seems like the Council of Nicea is the turning point....
I have some where on this very forum....sorry forgot which thread.....But it said..
before the council at Niciea .... Jews and Christians Living together Had no problem....It was only after this council..... some thing changed....

By the way.... the author Dan Brown Claims that his Novel is Based on Facts....
.....But i suspect.... twisted to create a Mystry Thriller...... Am I right or Wrong..?

Back