I converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

Yes, leave it in place. Then again, no shortage of labour ... I doubt Roman citizens did the nailing and the heavy lifting.
as to '' leave it in place'' then there is the issue of then standing a ladder to climb up to put nails in . I have been a carpenter/builder for most of my life ,that would not be an easy thing to do and the to climb backup to get the dead body down . no that's not going to happen

Not in your world, OK ... but this was their world.

Again ... if you were in charge, the hard work is someone else's problem.

From Scripture, I'd guess the Romans nailed 'em up and left 'em. The Jews didn't want bodies up there on the Sabbath, so the soldiers were ordered to kill them. That the two had their legs broken, and Christ's side opened with a spear, suggests they were up a bit?

Joseph of Arimathea asked for the body of Jesus, so presumably the families could request the authorities allow them to bury the body.

Whatever, this is all by-the-by, and largely conjecture as regards the fine details. Fun to do, though.

I would have thought a suggestion which both Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses could agree to would be acceptable to both parties.

which brings us back to the question of ''how did they get the body down'' ? the inverse of standing would be to lay it down .
I have been a carpenter/builder, standing poles were its done by hand ,can be easy or it can be hard . the guys that don't know do it the hard way . . but then to lift a pole up out of the hole its in , you would struggle .I know this because I have been there .

I would have thought a suggestion which both Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses could agree to would be acceptable to both parties.
maybe you should spend more time with Jehovah's Witnesses ,you would find out who the true Christians really are

maybe you should spend more time with Jehovah's Witnesses ,you would find out who the true Christians really are
Are you identifying yourself as a Jehovah’s Witnesses member or simply saying, as an outsider, that the JWs represent the true expression of Christianity?

Are you identifying yourself as a Jehovah’s Witnesses member or simply saying, as an outsider, that the JWs represent the true expression of Christianity?
Perhaps he was responding to a post that implied that Jehovah's Witnesses weren't Christians? :)

i.e. I would have thought a suggestion which both Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses could agree to would be acceptable to both parties.

Perhaps he was responding to a post that implied that Jehovah's Witnesses weren't Christians? :)

i.e. I would have thought a suggestion which both Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses could agree to would be acceptable to both parties.
I don’t want to ignite any contentious interchanges, but I would point out that the JW movement believes it is the only faith group that that can legitimately call itself and its members Christians. They refer to the religion of others who identify as Christians as Churchianity.

Back