Power is a illusion

James Davies

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m new here. I thought I would share one of my passions with you all. Just remember that this is just how I see things, and you don’t have to agree with me. I welcome others’ opinions. I have a great love and joy for metaphysics and enlightenment. One of the things I have realized on my journey is that a lot of people still believe in power. I see power as an illusion; it isn’t real, but the experience of it is. I don’t see God or consciousness as being powerful. I would say that God is powerless. I don’t mean that God is feeble or incapable, but the opposite. All of creation was made effortlessly with ease and grace. There was no force, no push, no manipulation in creation. This is the majesty and simplicity of true creation. Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause. Most people try to create from their human selves and not their consciousness. They try repeating thoughts or mantras, doing spells and rituals. These methods can cause results, but I would say these results are quite limited, considering how much energy, concentration, and emotion you have to put into them. The simple answer is that you receive what you give. Trying, efforting, pushing, pulling is all just manipulation and power. If that is what you are giving out, then that is what you will receive in return. You are just creating more and more resistance the more you try. It’s just not that effective; it’s like an airplane—the faster it goes, the more resistance it creates, and the more power you have to have to stay airborne. This is getting kind of long, so I’m going to leave it there for now. I can go more in-depth and talk about other aspects if you want.

Please let be know if the is not the right trend to post this in. I am new here and do find your labeling quite confusing. I think this would be much more proper under the heading of metaphysics.

This appears to be a great into...but alas I have tired and will have to get back to this one in the morning...

So far your posts have been thought provoking...welcome.

I welcome others’ opinions.
So thoughts offered in light of this.

I don’t see God or consciousness as being powerful.
I don't see a direct equivalence between 'God' and 'consciousness' – for me God transcends all categories, so whereas 'consciousness' is a category or quality of being, experienced contingently (or not at all), God exists in a category of its own – to say God is all consciousness, for example, still qualifies that which transcends qualification... just some rambling thoughts from a different metaphysical paradigm.

I would say that God is powerless. I don’t mean that God is feeble or incapable, but the opposite. All of creation was made effortlessly with ease and grace. There was no force, no push, no manipulation in creation.
I don't see divine power as force, push or manipulation –
Prior to creation there is nothing to manipulate;
Prior to creation there is nothing to push against;
Prior to creation there is no force, nor anything to be acted on.

When I think of God I think of power in its primary definition: "The ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way" – at this level I don't think force comes into it ... every created thing is capable of acting, and being acted on, whereas God alone acts, but is not acted upon.

As you say, creation was an effortless act, because there is no energy as such with regard to God therefore no expenditure of effort. A 'free' and 'gratuitous' act, suffering no limitation nor determination.

In that sense I agree that were we to regard God as powerless in the proper sense, that is, as you say, not feeble nor incapable, it might change our attitudes for the better across a broad range of ideas – too often people actually want some kind of Marvel superhero deity for all the wrong reasons – so again I think that a good point and worth introducing.

And welcome, again!

Your contemplation is like field of grass to lay in.

After reading it while awake... i don't feel the need to respond...

I think I will just take another nap in it.

I agree that their was no power prior to creation, but I also believe there was none after creation. We could probably even debate if there was even a before or a after since I don't really believe that time exists. Their is only the present moment. But if you where going to use time, i would say creation actually started at the end, and then the creator (you) jumped into its creation, to see how you created what you created. Say you wanted a new job, you creat that job in the future first. Then you go through the experience of what it was like to get that job. Time just like power is a illusion or a half truth. Meaning that it isn't real but the experience of it is real. I really can't dominate another person, but I can have the experience of doing it. I can feel like I'm a victim, but that doesn't mean that I am one. This is the beauty and the annoyance of the illusion that we are in. But when you realize that creation is instantaneous, and that you have already created your future. And you're just walking through life and seeing how you created that future. Then you start to understand why people talk about being in the flow. You're having the experience of what you have already created. Because that is the point of this reality. Was to taking creation and slow it down so it can be experienced. I Would say the number one reason we came to earth , was to understand consciousness And it's dynamics with energy. The only way to do that was too slow it all down.Take something that was instantaneous and making it look like it had a process. To give the experiencer more time to understanding of what was happening. So they could stop and make a different choice if they so desired. If their is no force or power in Consciousnes, then fforceand power can't be real. Because consciousness is the only thing that is real the only thing that is a absolute truth. Everything else is just made up, a hafe truth, a illusion. I'm sorry for writing so much , but I am very passionate about this topic.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, James Davies

So thoughts offered in light of this.

I don't see a direct equivalence between 'God' and 'consciousness' – for me God transcends all categories, so whereas 'consciousness' is a category or quality of being, experienced contingently (or not at all), God exists in a category of its own – to say God is all consciousness, for example, still qualifies that which transcends qualification... just some rambling thoughts from a different metaphysical paradigm.

I don't see divine power as force, push or manipulation –
Prior to creation there is nothing to manipulate;
Prior to creation there is nothing to push against;
Prior to creation there is no force, nor anything to be acted on.

When I think of God I think of power in its primary definition: "The ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way" – at this level I don't think force comes into it ... every created thing is capable of acting, and being acted on, whereas God alone acts, but is not acted upon.

As you say, creation was an effortless act, because there is no energy as such with regard to God therefore no expenditure of effort. A 'free' and 'gratuitous' act, suffering no limitation nor determination.

In that sense I agree that were we to regard God as powerless in the proper sense, that is, as you say, not feeble nor incapable, it might change our attitudes for the better across a broad range of ideas – too often people actually want some kind of Marvel superhero deity for all the wrong reasons – so again I think that a good point and worth introducing.

And welcome, again!
don’t see it as a paradox. Let’s take time as an example. Let’s start with no time, which is just an eternal now. You are in this no-time just being Awareness. You have no body, no mind; you are not happy or sad; you have no needs or wants. There isn’t even space, and if there was, you wouldn’t even know what it was. You are just awareness, simply being aware.

Then one day (not really, there is no time, but it’s hard to tell a story without it), you asked a question and said, “Who am I?” In other words, you became aware of yourself. In that eternal moment of realization, you dreamed or imagined every potential and every possibility that could happen. It was effortless and instantaneous. Your birth and your death of this life happened right then and there, and all the possibilities of what was in between that birth and death. You can say you became all-knowing, and in this knowingness, you realized that there was something more than just knowing. There was experience, so you created a story out of all the potentials that you had created. And you dived into your creation and began to experience your potentials. You are just experiencing how you became realized. It already happened, and all roads lead to that outcome because it is the only destination that exists. But it’s all happening in the same moment. The outcome and the beginning all started at the same time. Because no time or the the ternal moment is true and time is not true. It just your Is belief in time that creates paradox, When you let go of that belief, then paradox no longer exists.

I don’t know if it will make sense to you. It can be a little hard to wrap your brain around it. The best advice I can give you is don’t think about it; feel into it. You always find more truth when you feel into things. The mind just gets confused.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I just want to let you know that I am dylexic. So sometimes things make more sense in my mind than they do on the page. If anybody has trouble reading anything I wrote just let me know I'll try to rewrite it to make it more clear.

Hello everyone, I just want to take a moment to introduce myself, share what I believe and don’t believe, and give you a little backstory.

First of all, I must confess that I don’t quite know what I’m doing. I have no experience in expressing myself or my experiences with others. I will probably put my foot in my mouth quite a few times as I communicate with all of you. For that, I apologize, but it is what it is. I have spent most of my life in isolation. Not because I was some kind of monk or spiritual person. In actuality, I don’t even believe in spirituality. Spirituality is beautiful, poetic, and can be a very sensual experience, but it is not true. You can use it as a doorway to truth. I isolated myself out of a lack of worthiness. As I mentioned above, I’m dyslexic, but I also have dysgraphia and dyspraxia. All these things affect communication, writing, speaking, and reading. They have nothing really to do with the brain; they are nervous system disorders. You wouldn’t even know I had these if you met me in person. In fact, for a lot of people, they go undiagnosed until adulthood. You could say I grew up thinking I was stupid. I got picked on and took it all quite personally at the time. I felt embarrassed to talk in front of other people. I never liked other people to see my handwriting and so forth. At some point, I just began to become invisible. I never had relationships. I lived alone, and I worked alone, and I liked it that way. I didn’t have an outward world; everything was internal to me. I tried my best to hide myself, always afraid that someone would see beyond the facade of the person I was pretending to be. I never told anyone anything truly personal about myself. I did art, played guitar, and wrote songs but never shared them with anyone. For a long time, this worked for me, until it just didn’t anymore.

My peace and serenity were disturbed by what some of you call an awakening—a simple realization that there was more than what I thought. I start looking at spirituality and esoteric ideas? To be honest, I found it all very confusing and most of it a bunch of nonsense. I wanted answers, not a philosophy. I didn’t really care for the New Age; I thought it had too many aliens involved in it for my taste. I didn’t care for Buddhism or yoga; nothing seemed to satisfy what I was asking. It was all just a bunch of processes and meditations that didn’t seem to really take you anywhere. I know some will disagree with me on that, and that is okay.

Here’s what I came to understand about awakening: Awakening is just becoming more aware. That is why you start to ask questions after you awaken. With this newfound awareness, I also became much more aware of my wounds because I had not dealt with any of them. They were all just there, hiding behind the protective illusion that I had created.

These wounds began to come up into my awareness, irritating and frustrating me to no end. My comfortable routines were no longer comfortable, but I didn’t know how to deal with them. So, I tried to fight them, I tried to beat them. I went around in circles like this for a while, always finding myself back in the same place I started.

Then one day, I came across someone who seemed different. Instead of trying to sell me a book or a process that would change my life, this person said all is known and has always been known. There’s nothing to learn. This person didn’t teach spirituality. They even said spirituality was a waste of time. They said philosophy and theology were pointless. This person taught me how to feel, for feeling is just allowing yourself to be aware. There was no process to it. He said allowing is just allowing. You don’t have to do anything other than be aware and feel into your own existence. He actually discouraged meditation. He didn’t have any rules; you could meditate if you wanted to. The more you allowed, the more you realized you didn’t need to meditate. I will say I found allowing very difficult at first. The depth of allowing goes much deeper than you realize. When I told him I was allowing, he would call out my bullshit. Even to this day, I am still discovering new levels of allowing. From this person, I learned about consciousness and how it creates energy and the dynamics between the two. Not through lectures, but by having me feel into the energies. Then, when I would tell him I didn’t know, he would again call me out on my bullshit. This was the one thing you could never tell him: “I don’t know.” Because he would just remind me that I already knew the answer. And if I would just allow, I would remember it. Yes, he loved to curse. He said it helped him get his point across. He taught the sensuality of experiences, He taught the sensuality of knowness and wisdom. Any time you would try to philosophy it or turn it into some spiritual munbo jumbo he would call you out on it. He didn't care much for spiritual bullshit, or what he called distraction. He did not believe in sugar coating things, with imaginary love dust. He said what he meant and meant what he said. And if you could not take his honesty you could simply leave. He did not appreciate spiritual seekers because he didn't teach seeking. He would tell them straight up That seeking only leads to more seeking. And if that's what they wanted , they could kindly fuck off and go elsewhere. He would only teach people who chose enlightenment above everything else. Cause if you still wanted to play the game of illusions then you were not ready for enlightenment. He also taught what he called physics. The physics was there to just help human to let go. Cause once you understand how consciousness an energy worked , you are more likely to allow. When you realize that power or the belief in power is causing most of your suffering. Then you will find it easier to let go of it, and let your consciousness create your experience of reality instead of trying to create from the mind or from the human perspective. Allowing isn't about creating a better human. In a way it's about killing the human. If you want to create a better human be super powerful super-intelligent then allowing is not for you. Allowing doesn't promise you riches or fame. It only promises you the truth. It is brutal , it will destroy all illusions. In allowing, you must face all of your demons and heal all of your wounds. Your wounds will stop you from feeling and from allowing. There is no process to this; the human cannot fix the human. Therapy or processing your emotional wounds does not get you anywhere. The most you can achieve is simply an internal cold war or a temporary armistice within yourself. Until you come across something that triggers you, and the war starts exactly where it left off.

Only by bringing your awareness to your wounds and allowing them without judgment can you end the battle within. When you allow an experience, it creates wisdom. Wisdom is not knowledge; it is an understanding of yourself. Wisdom is multidimensional; it is why consciousness chooses to have experiences. It wanted wisdom; it was all-knowing but desired the understanding that wisdom brings. All the pain and suffering you have gone through, lifetime after lifetime, was just the gathering of wisdom.

I was taught that allowing is letting that knowingness and wisdom you have already created be in your experience and letting it change your experience. I could go on and on about what I came to realize. To keep things short, it changed me completely. Allowing did not remove the things I thought were defects. It did not magically make me not dyslexic anymore. It’s just that I didn’t care anymore; it just isn’t that important. It’s been a long journey to get here, and I wouldn’t have changed a thing about it.

So now I find myself here on this forum. I am not here to prove myself or what I believe. They are my truths and do not have to be yours. As I said in a previous post, all paths lead to the same destination. How you get there is completely up to you. You don’t need me or anyone else to make that choice for you.I don't believe in good or bad just preference. if you prefer something else there's nothing wrong with that. I will honor your choice completely. I'm not here to attack anybody or to convince or convert. I will speak very Passionately about what I believe in, and will respect when you do as well. I am also used to solitary experiences. I am not used to having conversations with others people. You could say i'm a bit out of practice. So please excuse me if I make any social faux pas. You can call me out on it, it will not hurt my feelings. In the future I will try and make what I write more clear and understandable. But if you don't understand it , please ask , and I'll try to clarify. I have not studied esoteric teachings or a lot of these other spiritual teachings. So I may not be familiar with a lot of the terms that you use. So forgive me gor my Ignorance when I ask you what do you mean. This is a beautiful new experience for me and I thank all of you for being part of it. I hope you enjoy the experience as well.

Back