This week in Cosmology

Hmmm...the last time I checked there wasn't anything "gay" about Uranus, and a conspiracy of wealthy and conspiratorial overlords is a "Plutocracy" and not a "dogocracy"

flow....:p

Re: This week in [the orthodox] Cosmology

Do you have any opinions on the standard theories? I am fascinated by the anomalies in angular momentum and planetary position and am in the school of thought that thinks the outer planets are drifting farther from the sun.

Tao

Dear friend,

From the Wikipedia article one may read the following:

One problem with this hypothesis is that of angular momentum. With the vast majority of the system's mass accumulating at the center of the rotating cloud, the hypothesis predicts that the vast majority of the system's angular momentum should accumulate there as well. However, the Sun's rotation is far slower than expected, and the planets, despite accounting for less than 1 percent of the system's mass, thus account for more than 90 percent of its angular momentum. (...)

or that

Planets in the "wrong place" are a problem for the solar nebula model. Uranus and Neptune exist in a region where their formation is highly implausible due to the reduced density of the solar nebula and the longer orbital times in their region. Furthermore (...)

or even that

The detailed features of the planets are yet another problem. The solar nebula hypothesis predicts that all planets will form exactly in the ecliptic plane. Instead, the orbits of the classical planets have various (but admittedly small) inclinations with respect to the ecliptic. Furthermore (...)

Meaning: it is well known that current physical constantly patched theories in cosmology, based upon an incomplete (some would even say 'erroneous') standard model and in the delusional four-dimensonal blending of space and time of the theory of relativity (SR/GR), are having trouble to explain the basic mechanics of the solar system and the various current astronomical observations that seem to contradict the orthodox physics assumptions (be it, among other things, the wild imagination of an expanding universe or the popular idea of a big bang)... Yet, those pioneer men and women of Science who during last century made efforts to explore the mystery underlying our physical universe were labeled "crackpots" and saw their careers, reputation and research ruined ... by a rotten dogmatic scientific community born from an ignorant modern society, proudly auto-proclaimed of knowledge, framed by a reducist-materialist ideology: the "fundamaterialists" [to state the similarity of their assumptions in Science with that of the "fundamentalists" in Religion] (Grossman, 2002).

Those few who understand the limitations of current paradigm and look for a different and deeper perspective are regarded as the modern "heretics"; and you may get a brief idea of their achievements through their [heretic] physics works like the following one (some technical understanding of algebraic equations and integral calculus, although not needed to grasp the basic concepts, is an advantage):

Creation: Stars and planets (PDF) & The Angular Momentum of the Solar System (PDF) in The Physics of Creation (2003) by Dr. Harold Aspden, an elderly Electrical engineer and Physicist (currently retired), Ph.D. from Trinity/Cambridge University [1953/4]

Hope this may be helpful unto your own research.

Best, Marco

« The theory is so rigidly held that young scientists dare not openly express their views.
I was warned that if I persisted (in refuting Einstein's theory) I was likely to spoil my career prospects.
The general public is misled into believing that science is a mysterious subject which can be understood by only a few exceptionally gifted mathematicians.
Students are told that the theory must be accepted although they cannot expect to understand it. They are encouraged right at the beginning of their careers to forsake science in favour of dogma.
...the continued acceptance and teaching of relativity hinders the development of a rational extension of electromagnetic theory. »

-- Louis Essen (1908-1997) in 'Relativity and Time Signals'

The universe which we can perceive and detect may be miniscule compared to the ones which are as yet undetectble or undecipherable, but are still out there according to cosmologists. My take is that this is the 85% of dark matter reality which is mentioned in this article. Any opinions ?
And BTW, our brains reflect the structures discussed in this article.

flow....:)

Our Universe: Dark and Messy | LiveScience

The universe which we can perceive and detect may be miniscule compared to the ones which are as yet undetectble or undecipherable, but are still out there according to cosmologists. My take is that this is the 85% of dark matter reality which is mentioned in this article. Any opinions ?
And BTW, our brains reflect the structures discussed in this article.

flow....:)

Our Universe: Dark and Messy | LiveScience

Interesting thoughts on the brain-like structure that I tend to agree with. But as a born again atheist I must say this is only romantic anthropomorphising :p
However for me the most interesting part of that was the link to the hubblecast showing what appears to be a ring of dark matter in the constellation of Pisces. Though they ascribe it to dark matter I see no explanation of why it could not just be cold ordinary matter. Regardless it is still a very interesting object.

Tao

Black holes I believe hold the key to the how and why of the existence of anything. To me they are the engines that drive all we can observe. Recently published articles have shown how central they are to every galactic type, where once they were believed to be rare oddities. Here are a few links to recent studies. They may answer few questions and as ever raise more, but I feel they unambiguously state that black holes are very very important for future understanding of how things work.

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Huge black hole tips the scales
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Black hole 'bully' blasts galaxy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1885376.stm
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Tiny galaxy hosts huge black hole
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Thin galaxies harbour big secret

Tao

Hi Tao...Being a romantic anthropomorphiser and a Piscean, the dark circle also interested me. Keep in mind that the symbol for Pisces is two fish swimming in a circle or in opposing directions. Once again, does art imitate reality, or does reality imitate art ?

As far as the black hole mystery is concerned, I agree with you and the new findings that they are much more ubiquitous than anyone ever imagined. Sometime ago I came to the conclusion that they functioned mainly as both matter destructors and energy recirculators.

Have a good day friend.

flow....:p

Are black holes organisms? The article in the 2nd link uses violent analogies but are they actually copulatory?
The image below is it a fist or a penis? Makes me think.

Attachments

• _44306780_black_hole_jet_inf203.gif
    _44306780_black_hole_jet_inf203.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 306
Hey, don't feel bad if you don't get the arguments here. It was even a bit much for me to try and digest. I got all glassy-eyed and weak-kneed about halfway through. But many smart people seem to be interested in trying to decode the brain/universe conundrum.

I'm just content when I believe that our brains and their structures "reflect" the true nature of the universe. Read Dauer's post on the youtube thread also. This issue is what Dr. Bohm is speaking of there also. Perception is reality and reality is perception ?

flow....:rolleyes:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/science/15brain.html?ref=science

Ty Flow, great article,

Experience is so intimately related to the observer and the preconceptions he/she bring to the experience. Thinking outside the box is so hard but it does appear to me, somewhere deep within the realm of hunch, that the whole universe is alive. The article you link to is pretty obsessed by brains, which to me seems to hint at us again projecting our own experience onto something much weirder. In nature it is not brains that are the most important organ but the means of reproduction. And when I say in nature I am not confining it to life here on Earth but also to the methods that nature uses to recycle and produce whole new stars. There have been no studies that I am aware of that show the creation of galaxies and galactic clusters but I think future generations of telescopes will show us that recycling and predictable methods of creation do exist. As I stated recently I think the key to all creation as we see it in our local universe is intimately linked to the properties of black holes. They are the cosmic generators/replicators if you like. So are black holes like organisms? Are they in some sense alive? I think time will show us that in some sense they are.

Tao

SG...You are a victim of the American Scientific establishment educational system. Absolutely everything is space. Mt. Ranier is space. An anvil is space. Your thumb is space. Your house is space. Your car is space. A piece of cheesecake is space.

These constructs are different than other forms of space in that they are constituted in part by organized sets of atoms in certain patterns which give a visible and tangible nature to the place in space with which they are identified. Granted the space of a car is more filled than a cubic meter of air in terms of atomic structure. But all space is really structured based upon the "scalar" nature of the materials filling it.

We all must start thinking in terms of an "inside-outside" universe rather than looking at the blackness around Earth's environment and declaring only that to be "space". Or as I like to put it, the entire universe is reflected in a grain of sand.

flow....;)

Granted the space of a car is more filled than a cubic meter of air in terms of atomic structure.
But by a fraction so tiny as to be almost insignificant... unless of course that car is about to hit you!!

Back