Revelation, are you ready?

InLove said:
Hi Everyone--Peace!

Well this is quite a thread! But then The Revelation is quite a conversation starter, is it not?

While perusing and muddling through, the following really caught my attention:

Glad you asked, luna--this is a question that has bugged me for a long time. (I once wrote and recorded some lyrics that referred to the "Morning Star", and afterward I read the verse in Isaiah--just as you have it there--and so, of course I wondered about it.) I have seen this translation before, and I have been searching for it; I was beginning to think I had dreamed it! Can you tell me what translation you were using when you posted this?

If the answer is already here in the thread--my apologies--I missed it somehow.

My thoughts on Babylon coming soon.... maybe....if I can get it together and the phone stops ringing (sounds like the Mad Lib Thread, which I fear is doomed to oblivion):)

InPeace,
InLove

Hi InLove,

I usually use a Study NIV and that is where the verse I quoted came from. For a nice website try:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/

peace,
lunamoth

;) I know, (shoot the b*stard that started it). ;) I really wanted a philisophical discussion on the issue. but...what will be will be. Besides, I never get exactly what I want...but then who does? :D

v/r

Q

Uh-Oh! I hope no one thought that I think THIS thread is doomed! LOL--I was talking about the poor, crazy Mad-Lib Thread in the lounge (in the story, the phone won't stop ringing--and neither will mine here at home/work:) .)

Sorry-guess I should have realized that what I said might be confusing.

InPeace,
InLove

Quahom1 said:
;) I know, (shoot the b*stard that started it). ;) I really wanted a philisophical discussion on the issue. but...what will be will be. Besides, I never get exactly what I want...but then who does? :D

v/r

Q

Yeah, you and VL were really off to a good start. I was getting ready to jump in at some point. But what will be will be. ;)

As I said, I think the thread is a good one--don't anybody shoot anyone--including me, please? I believe there has been a misunderstanding. Please, someone, back to the discussion? I was planning to offer my 2c as to the identity of Babylon, but now I am wondering if it is okay? (Also, I am having some posting problems that I am trying to clear up ASAP--)

As Always,
InPeace,

InLove

Hey InLove, no worries. Q started the thread so he was making a self-deprecating joke (I think :) ) and I did get your reference to the MadLib story and thought you pulled it off just fine.

I'm sure this thread will be back on track in no time, or would that be in end time...

never mind,
lunamoth

What if the "Rebuilding of the Temple" has nothing to do with the actual temple at all? What if it has to do with Israel rebuilding its faith? That would and could move much faster than constructing a massive temple out of stone and wood...

my two cents.
Quahom1, Hello

I'm not positive about this but isn't the antichrist going to physically stand in the temple? I would think it would have to be a real place. Any one have any comments on this...

VLreal said:
I'm not positive about this but isn't the antichrist going to physically stand in the temple? I would think it would have to be a real place. Any one have any comments on this...

Not sure what verse you are referring to, VL, but how about this...the antichrist, who denies Christ and is attached to the things of this world, indeed stands within the temple instead of the rightful Heir ..."Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" (1 Cor 6:19).

just a thought,
lunamoth

hmm, I realize that what I wrote is not very clear. Just trying to say that another way to look at is that the antichrist can be within us and we must constantly test the spirits to be sure that this is not so.

again, I'm not sure what quote you are referring to, or the context.

lunamoth

Lunamoth,

Yes I am aware of my body being a temple. Hm... You give me pause. I will have to find the passage I read that in. Quoting exact scripture is not something I do well. I only seem to remember the stories. So is this passage saying that some how our bodies are going to be rebuilt? Just kidding. Now I see where Quahom1 was going with a comment made earlier.:)

InLove said:
Q? Are you out there?
...some where over the rainbow, way up high...in a land that I dreamed of once in a lulaby. ;)

I'm here.

v/r

Q

Last edited:
So, Q, get back down here with more 2c! I did not mean to derail the thread--eagerly awaiting more of your thoughts about the rebuliding of the temple....

(Luna--thanks for the scripture reference. LOL--I use the NIV and bible.net all the time--the answer right there in front of me--all I can say for myself is "duh.")

InPeace,
InLove

oh no, mee is back from sunny spain .LOL .ok,Jerusalem is in heaven

Heb. 12:22: "You have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels." (so it is not to earthly Jerusalem but to "heavenly Jerusalem" that true Christians look for fulfillment of the promises of God.)

Since Babylon the Great is the religious part of Satan’s seed, she has always made Jehovah’s "woman," "Jerusalem above," her main target. In the first century, the congregation of anointed Christians was clearly identified as the woman’s seed. (Genesis 3:15; Galatians 3:29; 4:26) Babylon the Great tried hard to conquer that chaste congregation by seducing it into committing religious fornication. The apostles Paul and Peter warned that many would succumb and a great apostasy would result. (Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Peter 2:1-3) Jesus’ messages to the seven congregations indicated that toward the end of John’s life, Babylon the Great was making some progress in her efforts to corrupt. (Revelation 2:6, 14, 15, 20-23) so ,its the same now, satan cannot touch the heavenly kingdom born in 1914 in the heavens , but he opposes those who uphold it on the earth ............oh dear have i gone off track .must be those sangrias from spain still in the system:)

mee said:
...oh dear have i gone off track .must be those sangrias from spain still in the system:)

LOL, based on your professed faith, they must have been unleaded Sangrias...

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
LOL, based on your professed faith, they must have been unleaded Sangrias...

v/r

Q
wine is a gift from Jehovah, in moderation of cause:D
Go, eat your food with rejoicing and drink your wine with a good heart, because already the [true] God has found pleasure in your works(Ecclesiastes 9;7)

(Psalm 104:15) And wine that makes the heart of mortal man rejoice, To make the face shine with oil, And bread that sustains the very heart of mortal man.

sangria... tinto verano... spain does have a couple of refreshing bebidas eh? you left a couple of months early though, summer's not fully kicked in yet! anyway. sorry... of the subject... i haven't read enough of the 100+ posts on here to comment on topic. i simply can't keep up!
peace be unto you *all*

mee said:
wine is a gift from Jehovah, in moderation of cause:D
Go, eat your food with rejoicing and drink your wine with a good heart, because already the [true] God has found pleasure in your works(Ecclesiastes 9;7)

(Psalm 104:15) And wine that makes the heart of mortal man rejoice, To make the face shine with oil, And bread that sustains the very heart of mortal man.

Well, now you really did catch me by surprise Mee! ;)

I'd have to agree with the moderation part, due to a couple of verses I recall about being wary of strong drink. Something about beer making one a brawler, and wine making a mocker. Also about strong drink (I assume it means spirits), being given only to the grieving to help them forget...for a little while).

In any event there are some denominations of the Christian faith that abstain completely from alchohol, and I thought yours was one of them...obviously I am mistaken. I stand corrected. :D

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Well, now you really did catch me by surprise Mee! ;)

I'd have to agree with the moderation part, due to a couple of verses I recall about being wary of strong drink. Something about beer making one a brawler, and wine making a mocker. Also about strong drink (I assume it means spirits), being given only to the grieving to help them forget...for a little while).

In any event there are some denominations of the Christian faith that abstain completely from alchohol, and I thought yours was one of them...obviously I am mistaken. I stand corrected. :D

v/r

Q
LOL just to keep you on your toes:D anyway back to babylon the great (the world empire of false religion) it is my belief that babylon the great has already fallen in that she no longer has any hold on true christians .but she is yet to be destroyed (rev 18; 5-8)
She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird!’"—Revelation 18:2.remember revelation is symbolic for the most part , so false religion is full of unclean things in Gods eyes, so anyone who wantsto be clean in Gods eyes would have to get out of babylon the great . its interesting that prophecies of ancient babylons fall in the hebrew scriptures also include Jehovahs command to his people to take their flight out of the midst of babylon.(jeremiah 50;8,13)so in view of the coming desolation of babylon the great, Gods people are now urged to escape(rev 18;4)

Back