Acceptance of Christianity

Kindest Regards all, especially to Bruce and Bandit!

Thank you Bruce, you beat me to the punch.

What I have to say now is spoken as a friend, to a friend. Bandit, please understand, I did not do what I did because of someone's beliefs, I did it because of the way he was coming across to others. At no time have I stifled anyone's beliefs here, on any board or thread, and I've participated on most of them at one time or another. Since Brian asked me to mod, I have felt it best to sit back and watch here for the most part. You do hear me chime in from time to time. But if what you said were true, I would have stifled conversation long ago. I don't think that is Brian's intention. Nor is it mine.

Yes, it might seem I have allowed some to run amok, or pretty close to it. My intent was to get everybody thinking and talking. With someone like Star I put up with her hoping everybody else would provide thoughtful replies, and for the most part it seemed to work, except when she got a little, well, weird. Yes, you end up repeating yourself a lot, and you end up defending your beliefs a lot, but I have too ever since I have been here. Some things I seem to end up repeating so often I get tired of it, just like you. But I have always felt welcome, and I want to continue that for everybody.

I have never intentionally cast doubt on your faith, or anybody's here. I have defended Christians in the past from disrespect from others, just as I will defend others from disrespect by Christians. At no time have any of the points you mentioned been called into judgement by me in my moderating, and so far as I know not by any other mod either, and I really don't think they would intentionally do so. Even so, this is a very diverse community. Some, not all, Christians are not so tolerant of other beliefs. That is all I have ever asked of anybody here is tolerance and respect. You are free to believe as you wish. There will be those who will discuss your beliefs with you, and may even disagree, that is the nature of conversation. As long as that conversation is respectful, and I have always found you to be respectful, then that is the whole point and purpose of this place. When things become disrespectful, that is when I have to do the job Brian asked me to do.

I do not like that I had to do what I did. I get no thrill from it. I have gone out of my way not to abuse the privilege Brian has given me, maybe too far at times. I would rather not mod enough than mod too much. But this last guy was openly disrespectful not only here but on other boards as well. I gave him every opportunity, and I made it open for all to see. He just didn't get it, even after I spelled it out very plainly. I will not accept intolerance from anybody, towards anybody, on my watch. As long as disagreements are respectful, that is tolerant and acceptable. Because someone is allowed to disagree with you does not mean your views are being cast aside, it allows you an opportunity to discuss your views. Then we all can learn from discussions like that.

oh JT3:) . you are wonderful. i know that (he) was not easy for you.. i dont think it was easy for anyone.
it is not you or any of the moderators. I feel all the mods do a great fair job here. I have tried to give them praise & honor. I have been a mod before at car clubs online & i know how hard it is to do at times...especially with the nitros racers who think they can beat everyone on the street because they have the best, coolest fastest ride...you know what i mean.

i know we all can get out of line at times especially if we feel we are being forced to defend or give up something that we love. i do appreciate CR. i say this because i know that i do have a certain belief that is not accepted by 99% of the Christians out there but I have been accepted for it here & i do remember that with others. it does get hard when someone wants to challenge or force someone else on many issues & i dont like that.

i regret that i will be away from here a lot for the summer, because i will miss out on some good things. You know, I even miss Star at times..the divine divine, divine head pincher.:)(tease)

we are all people & like Faithful saID, it would be boring if everyone was exactly the same (& yet we are), what can i say.

Chime In Juantoo3. I like your chimes...reminds me of fresh warm summer breeze. (find any new bones to examine lately;) )

& like truthseeker said, Plant the seed, water it, & let Jesus give the increase.

Faithfulservant said:
I have a good question that came up in a pm from a good friend.

Why is it that every belief in Christianity is accepted except that Jesus is the only way and the inerrancy of the bible? Even on this forum they both are disregarded at times as legitimate beliefs and looked on as intolerance or unacceptable. This troubles me and I would like to discuss it.

Faithful Servant
Issues of whether someone is conservative or liberal in their approach to Christianity simply isn't an issue from an administrative point of view - my aim has always been to allow a broad platform from which such views can be accepted and discussed.

Tolerance on CR is simply about accepting that other people can have different opinions, and that they are entitled to them, even if disagreed with.

The problem arises when someone sees CR as their personal preaching box - they do not simply wish to share and discuss their views, but also insist that other people hold them or be damned.

If someone wishes to woo the sheep gently then that's not a problem - but bashing other members on the head can be.

Hope that helps. :)

LOL Brian.. its like that even in real world society. I didnt understand what jt3's post was about now that I have had time to reread knowledge's post I can see he was just on the borderline of telling people to accept Christ or be doomed to hell.. I have a serious problem with people who do that and they undo everything that sincere Spirit filled Christians have accomplished in teaching the message of Christ.

I would be fine if this thread were closed since it was started on false premises. I also think everyone was eloquent in regards to what is acceptable and not acceptable. :)

Faithfulservant said:
I can see he was just on the borderline of telling people to accept Christ or be doomed to hell.. I have a serious problem with people who do that and they undo everything that sincere Spirit filled Christians have accomplished in teaching the message of Christ.
I completely agree. I honestly don't mind that many Christians believe in the inerrancy of the Bible and that Jesus is the only way. I just mind being told that I do not know Jesus, that he isn't my Savior, that I don't read my Bible, or that I'm headed for hell. To me, that just isn't productive or loving. It's hurtful and divisive. Even if I disagree with some things, and present an alternate interpretation, I still completely accept that others believe differently and I don't question their love of God or that they are Christians. I do not believe they are going to hell, nor would I ever tell them that.

I sincerely hope that my posts do not offend people who disagree with them. I am honestly not trying to convince others into believing differently than they do. But because my beliefs are outside the mainstream of Christianity quite frequently, I feel that it is a good idea that I outline where I got those beliefs from (scriptures, etc.) so that people don't just think I'm some random person posting on the wrong board who doesn't follow Jesus or read the Bible. I especially feel the necessity of defending my beliefs when I am being evangelized to, when I already believe in Jesus. As any of you would understand, it is upsetting to deeply love Jesus and be told by strangers that you don't even know him.

I wanted to say, too, Bandit- that you and I's discussion on one of the threads last week was a great example (I thought) of a very tolerant response, even though you and I have lots of different beliefs. After I said why I believed the way I did, you respectfully said you believed otherwise, but did not question my validity as a follower of Christ, nor did you imply that I didn't put any effort into my beliefs. I really appreciated that. :) I do not think any of the beliefs you stated above should be removed from posts. You have every right to state your beliefs and the reasons why you believe them. And I find it helpful and interesting to have those insights.

Hmmm,

I guess a good rule here would be: When pointing a finger at another, there are three fingers pointing back at the pointer (the thumb abstains of course...the noncommital B******) ;)

v/r

Q

Faithfulservant said:
I would be fine if this thread were closed since it was started on false premises. I also think everyone was eloquent in regards to what is acceptable and not acceptable. :)
No problem - I'm not against people asking about the forums - but rather than close it, I'll move it to Feedback. :)

EDIT: An interesting discussion on Gnosticism and Paul developed on this thread, but I've now split that to continue on the Mysticism board here:
http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2591

And with that, I'll close this thread as it's purpose has been served - though if anyone wishes to raise additional questions about CR and its policies, feel free to ask. :)

Knowledge said:
The reason why people dont want to believe that Jesus is the ONLY way to God, is because it comes off as intolerant, and even mean. It basically says that no matter what Religion you are, if you dont have Jesus, you dont have God. But, is the saying true? Well, Jesus himself said that he is the ONLY way, and he showed why. He alone, died, and paid the price of our sins. No one else did that, because no one else could.

I believe the Lord!

I agree with you. Its funny, I saw that someone said that people like knowledge gets them mad. To be honest, its not people like knowledge, but the message that knowledge brought. This by the way, is the message that Jesus taught! This goes right to the heart of the matter. Jesus said that the world hates him because he is the truth.

For all those that dont believe in Jesus as the ONLY way, have you reconized how the world hates him? Wait a little while longer, you'll see, the world will hate Christians. The will hate them to the point of killing them? Why? Because the Christian's beliefs says that Jesus alone is the ONLY right way. And, thinking like that, will put a hault to what secular minded peopele are trying to do, which is achieve world peace.

This is just my personal beliefs. PLEASE dont kick me off your site!

Conscience,
I understood this thread was closed, though it appears to still be accepting final renditions. As your post is here I feel the need to answer. In peace grows love and compassion and acceptance that all are as they are unto themselves.In the love of God we are not here to fuel the fire of hatred. In God's love there is only love and understanding, to walk or not to walk with Jesus, god granted us choice. Peace is the love of God to walk in his understanding. And many are the ways and byways to walk with God, all as equal, for it was God who paved the way.

Yes, but there is only one way to the Father. Unfortunately, traditional Christians were not given the lasting reason why this is so, only the one those willing to sacrifice rationality in religious belief could accept. Millions did accept the irrational traditional Christian belief that stated Jesus is the Only Way to the Father but irrationality doesn't work anymore for those of us who need rationality in our spiritual thinking as much as we need it in our daily lives.

Lucky for Christianity, now God has produced the real reason why Yeshu/Jesus is the only religious avatar that can guide believers to actualizing the will of the Father on earth as it is in Heaven. The real reason is sensible. God provided the world with a Model of the Man who follows the will of God by his willingness to sacrifice Power for Love. I will explain how this works in further posting..

Whats up Ciel? Two things. First, I honestly didnt know the treadh was closed. Im sorry if I wasnt supposed to post here, honestly! Second, I am NOT here to spread words of Hate. I in NO way hate ANYONE. If I did, I'd be fooling myself to think that God somehow loves me more than anyone else. God is a respector of NO ONE!

All that said, PLEASE dont get my allience to Jesus as the ONLY way to God, confused with me hating, or saying that anyone else is wrong.

Conscience said:
I agree with you. Its funny, I saw that someone said that people like knowledge gets them mad. To be honest, its not people like knowledge, but the message that knowledge brought. This by the way, is the message that Jesus taught! This goes right to the heart of the matter. Jesus said that the world hates him because he is the truth.

For all those that dont believe in Jesus as the ONLY way, have you reconized how the world hates him? Wait a little while longer, you'll see, the world will hate Christians. The will hate them to the point of killing them? Why? Because the Christian's beliefs says that Jesus alone is the ONLY right way. And, thinking like that, will put a hault to what secular minded peopele are trying to do, which is achieve world peace.

This is just my personal beliefs. PLEASE dont kick me off your site!
In the movie "home alone", everybody hated the "old man" across the street. He was mean, intolerant, self absorbed, secretive, and mysterious (perfect for rumor central to generate huge stories about him). In the end, he saved the kid, and the kid realized he was a gentle, "God fearing man" (one who could be trusted to come through), with alot of shame, pride and pain. He was also unafraid to take on the real bad guys in defense of the kid.

Kind of like Christian thinking, don't you think? ;)

v/r

Q

Conscience,
Well, the thread is still open so I guess its not closed.
Mmmm, so God is a respector of no one? I'd say God respects all men who respect God. The essence of communion.
My initial reply concerned the lines;
"Because the christian beliefs say that Jesus alone is the only right way. And thinking like that will put a halt to what secular minded people are trying to do, which is achieve world peace."
So, it is understood and accepted for christians Jesus is the way. I just couldnt figure the mentality concerning world peace and every one else.
Your post presupposed hatred against christians by those who were not of the christian faith, and this is not so, for we live in a greater awareness of the truth of acceptance, God provides for all men, and each way to their own. It was almost as though you wanted to be persecuted. Peace.

Ciel said:
Conscience,
Well, the thread is still open so I guess its not closed.
Mmmm, so God is a respector of no one? I'd say God respects all men who respect God. The essence of communion.
My initial reply concerned the lines;
"Because the christian beliefs say that Jesus alone is the only right way. And thinking like that will put a halt to what secular minded people are trying to do, which is achieve world peace."
So, it is understood and accepted for christians Jesus is the way. I just couldnt figure the mentality concerning world peace and every one else.
Your post presupposed hatred against christians by those who were not of the christian faith, and this is not so, for we live in a greater awareness of the truth of acceptance, God provides for all men, and each way to their own. It was almost as though you wanted to be persecuted. Peace.
God is a respector of no man. In other words God does not answer to man for His decisions, dealings, or other agenda. Pretty simple really.

However (and this is so strange if you think about it), if a man even begins to turn towards God...all of Heaven shakes...

v/r

Q

Q,
With respect - humanity to humanity in respect for the lives of each other lives in the respect of Gods grace.

Nah Ciel, I surely DONT want persecution, or any kind of pain. But, I do expect it. I've already seen it, and I imagine if the Lord tarries, it will get a lot worse!

Its already ramped in China and Afarica. Are you not aware of this?

Conscience said:
Nah Ciel, I surely DONT want persecution, or any kind of pain. But, I do expect it. I've already seen it, and I imagine if the Lord tarries, it will get a lot worse!

Anything that detracts from a citizen following a totalitarian government completely, will be persecuted. Can't serve two masters.

v/r

Q

Conscience said:

Oh? You've been to Africa and China recently? Tell me about your trip, please. I'd love to hear about it!

BTW guys, this is supposed to be the feedback board, asking questions about the site. I can't get after one and not the others, that is not fair or right. Q, don't you think it might be a good idea to carry this conversation to the proper board?

Back