What's the Deal?

Kindest Regards, path of one!

If I may follow up- when we feel tempted to point a finger, it is best in my experience to pause and look first in the mirror at oneself. In other words, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Why do Christians today say that killing is acceptable, and ignore Jesus' teaching to love one's enemies and pray for our persecutors? Why do Christians today accept divorce for reasons other than unfaithfulness? Why do Christians today accept poverty and do not try to change the economic system toward equality, when we were called to help the poor and strangers, both in the OT and in the NT?

I guess this goes back to what I was saying on another thread - How can you know who is a true Christian? Jesus said we would know his followers by the good fruits they produce. If you hear of Christains killing, or doing anything contray to what the Lord taught then you need to face the grim reality - they're professors of the faith, but not doers. They do not know Lord!

Why do Christians today pray conspicuously, when Jesus taught us to pray in private with God?

Jesus didnt teach against praying together. Where did you get that?

Why do Christians today broadcast their good works and alms-giving to the world, with websites and much fanfare, when Jesus taught us to give privately?

See above to my frist responce.

Why do Christians preach that various peoples are going to hell, when Jesus clearly taught that we are not to judge others- that job belongs only to God?

Show me where Jesus said we are not to make righteous judgements and I'll leave this site. Note: Please do NOT misquote Matt. 7, because Jesus was talking about hypocrites.

The answer is the same for all these questions... because Christians are not putting Jesus' teachings into action in their own lives.

Not because someone names Jesus as their Savior, doesnt mean that they are a Chrisitan. There are many that profess the faith, and even fewer who live it.

The question should not be "Why do some Christians fail to condemn homosexuality?"

Because it is against God's will! You didnt know?

God does not need our recommendations about who we think are condemned.

Oh my goodness, I couldnt have said that better myself! Great words!!

What God asks of us is that we each focus on our lives and being followers of Jesus, living in such a way that our very lives are our testimony.

Actually, I have to disagree there. God wants those who know the truth to tell the truth. God wants for NONE to die, but for ALL to come to the Savior that they may live! This, by the way, was Jesus' last commandment to us - Go out into all the world and preach the gospel (Good News)!

I find that my own life is more than sufficiently full of things to correct and in which to learn if I spend my time doing so, rather than spending my time observing others' choices and pondering on their path with God. So, for me, I guess any single issue (such as homosexuality) need only be addressed as it relates to my own walk with God. For others, it is likewise between them and God, not between me and them. :)

Conscience said:
Why do Christians today pray conspicuously, when Jesus taught us to pray in private with God?

Jesus didnt teach against praying together. Where did you get that?

Jesus didn't preach against praying together, he preached against praying conspicuously (praying in such a way that draws attention to us). Jesus taught we should pray privately, not publicly:

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are; for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and at the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into they room, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to they Father, who is in secret; and thy Father, who seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly." (Mt 6:5-8)

Why do Christians today broadcast their good works and alms-giving to the world, with websites and much fanfare, when Jesus taught us to give privately?

See above to my frist responce.

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen by them; otherwise ye have no reward of your Father, who is in heaven." (Mt 6:1-2)

Why do Christians preach that various peoples are going to hell, when Jesus clearly taught that we are not to judge others- that job belongs only to God?

Show me where Jesus said we are not to make righteous judgements and I'll leave this site. Note: Please do NOT misquote Matt. 7, because Jesus was talking about hypocrites.

Matthew 7:1-5 points out that we are not to judge others if we have imperfections of our own- if we ourselves sin. Are you prepared to make the case that there are perfect people on this earth? Most Christians believe only Jesus walked a blameless and sinless life, and thus this passage shows that only Jesus/God is in a position in which judgment is not hypocritical.

Furthermore...
"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? To his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be held up; for God is able to make him stand." (Rom 14:4)
"But why dost thou judge thy brother? Or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." (Rom 14:10)
"Let us not, therefore, judge one another any more; but judge this, rather: that no man put a stumbling block or an occassion to fall in his brother's way." (Rom 14:13)
"Murmer not one against another, brethren, lest ye be judged; behold, the judge standeth before the door." (James 5:9)

What God asks of us is that we each focus on our lives and being followers of Jesus, living in such a way that our very lives are our testimony.

Actually, I have to disagree there. God wants those who know the truth to tell the truth. God wants for NONE to die, but for ALL to come to the Savior that they may live! This, by the way, was Jesus' last commandment to us - Go out into all the world and preach the gospel (Good News)!
Jesus' last words were to go and make disciples of all nations, or, if you prefer other translations, to teach all nations. Teaching and discipling is not the same as preaching. We have only to look at Jesus' own example of teaching and making disciples to give us a guide: that we are to care for others, both physically and spiritually, we are to love them, we are to let those who will follow, follow, and to not badger those who will not. I'm happy to provide scripture for each of those, if you like, but they are all in the gospels. It was Jesus' life and actions that showed his teachings were truthful.

he preached against praying conspicuously (praying in such a way that draws attention to us). Jesus taught we should pray privately, not publicly:

I agree. We are not to pray just to draw attention to ourselves or to be looked apon as something special, or whatever. If we do it for those reasons, we have already recieved the rewards of our false pretence, which is the looks of people passing by. That said, Jesus did NOT say we cant pray in public or loud or whatever else. He was talking about hypocrites, and who they pray, not forbiding us to pray in public. ALL of the Apostles prayed, and preached in public. Jesus did aswell.

Jesus' last words were to go and make disciples of all nations, or, if you prefer other translations, to teach all nations. Teaching and discipling is not the same as preaching.

I guess you would have a point if ALL the deciples of Jesus didnt preach. But, since they took what Jesus said to go out and preach the good news, then we shouldnt even be questioning it. Right?

he preached against praying conspicuously (praying in such a way that draws attention to us). Jesus taught we should pray privately, not publicly:

I agree. We are not to pray just to draw attention to ourselves or to be looked apon as something special, or whatever. If we do it for those reasons, we have already recieved the rewards of our false pretence, which is the looks of people passing by. That said, Jesus did NOT say we cant pray in public or loud or whatever else. He was talking about hypocrites, and how they pray. He was not forbiding us to pray in public. ALL of the Apostles prayed, and preached in public. Jesus did aswell.

Matthew 7:1-5 points out that we are not to judge others if we have imperfections of our own- if we ourselves sin. Are you prepared to make the case that there are perfect people on this earth? Most Christians believe only Jesus walked a blameless and sinless life, and thus this passage shows that only Jesus/God is in a position in which judgment is not hypocritical.

I thought you might post something like this, this is why I said not to "misqoute matt.7. Again, Jesus was talking about hipocrates that judge others, when they too are in sin. Look at John 7:24 where Jesus tells us to make righteous judgement. As men of God, we are to do this, not for our own selfish reasons, but instead for God's truth to be heard. And, in the hopes that people may believe what God wants of them.

Jesus' last words were to go and make disciples of all nations, or, if you prefer other translations, to teach all nations. Teaching and discipling is not the same as preaching.

I guess you would have a point if ALL the deciples of Jesus didnt preach. But, since they took what Jesus said to go out and preach the good news, then we shouldnt even be questioning it. Right?

Conscience said:
First, in reading Acts and the epistles, it is clear that the apostles were not "preaching" the same way many Christians do today. I doubt they were parading around with banners and loudspeakers, counting the numbers of those who "converted" based on saying a little prayer, or openly and in hostility shouting to people that they would burn in hell for not agreeing with them (all of which have been "preaching" methods I have witnessed first-hand). They were concerned with teaching the good news to those who were open to hearing it, as Jesus had commanded them during his life. Perhaps it is how you think of teaching. As a teacher, I think of teaching as facilitating people's learning process. So when I feel called to be a spiritual teacher for someone, I am letting God use me as a vessel to facilitate their learning process about God. I am not lecturing to them, I am conversing with them, answering questions they ask me and fellowshipping with them.

Furthermore, I am not a follower of the apostles. I am a follower of Jesus. How the apostles "took" what Jesus said is not as important to me as what Jesus actually did say. My goal in my path is to experience God as fully as possible, and to have insight into Jesus' teachings, not to accept whatever other human beings have told me to believe or do. I have the highest regard for the apostles, as I do of many religious leaders, but they were still only human, just as I am. Just as I am subject to making mistakes, so were they. I realize this is not a mainstream view, but that is why I am a mystic and follower of Christ and not a Christian (in the sense of belonging to a Christian church).

First, in reading Acts and the epistles, it is clear that the apostles were not "preaching" the same way many Christians do today. I doubt they were parading around with banners and loudspeakers, counting the numbers of those who "converted" based on saying a little prayer, or openly and in hostility shouting to people that they would burn in hell for not agreeing with them (all of which have been "preaching" methods I have witnessed first-hand).

I agree. Im ashamed of what Christanity has become. But, in all that was perverted, God remains Good. He has always kept a faith reminant of people doing his will. You can know them by their fruits Jesus said. Look for them!

They were concerned with teaching the good news to those who were open to hearing it, as Jesus had commanded them during his life. Perhaps it is how you think of teaching. As a teacher, I think of teaching as facilitating people's learning process. So when I feel called to be a spiritual teacher for someone, I am letting God use me as a vessel to facilitate their learning process about God. I am not lecturing to them, I am conversing with them, answering questions they ask me and fellowshipping with them.

Again I agree with you - we are to preach/teach to those open to it. But, its also clear from scritpture, that the deciples also preached in the open air. They actually yelled the truth to strangers. No, they didnt run up to them and say - "You're a sinner and you're going to hell." Rather, the spoke the Law of God. And, the Law did what it was created to do - bring awareness of sin to a sinner, and lead men to Christ. Many today still preach the same way. Here's 2 biblical sites that is doing a great job witnessing for Jesus:
www.livingwaters.com and www.wayofthemaster.com

Furthermore, I am not a follower of the apostles. I am a follower of Jesus. How the apostles "took" what Jesus said is not as important to me as what Jesus actually did say.

What the apostles did was what the Holy Spirt lead them to do. They did what was told of them by God.

My goal in my path is to experience God as fully as possible, and to have insight into Jesus' teachings, not to accept whatever other human beings have told me to believe or do. I have the highest regard for the apostles, as I do of many religious leaders, but they were still only human, just as I am. Just as I am subject to making mistakes, so were they. I realize this is not a mainstream view, but that is why I am a mystic and follower of Christ and not a Christian (in the sense of belonging to a Christian church).

I just want to say this: God has given us a reveraltion of who he is, and also given us all the truth that he wants us to know. He has compiled it into 66 books which was penned by 40 different men. And, to prove that he was the author, the book shows its supernatual origin by appearing to be written from outside our time domine, and by proving that every word written in it, is there by divine engeneering, and not by chance. If you read it and study it, you will know that you can trust it. If you trust it, then you'll know that what the apostles did, was because of inspiration from God himself.

As for the Matthew verses, I think you missed my point. The point is that everyone who judges except God/Jesus is being hypocritical because we all sin. Even those who are Christians. So, we all have "planks in our eye" as the verse says, and it will take us our entire lives to work on removing them, leaving only God/Jesus as judge over others.

Additionally, I supported this with other scripture, as posted above.

As for John 7:24, you are quoting out of context. Let me give you the entire passage and context. Jesus was being confronted by the people, who were saying he had a demon (7:20) and that Jesus was in the wrong because he healed a man on the sabbath (7:23). Jesus replies with 7:24, that we should not be judging the action of healing the man based on appearance (that is, that it was against the Law), but rather in righteousness (that is, as guided by God in our hearts- that the right thing to do was to heal this man). Read the entire passage from chapter 7. You will note that in the context of Jesus' entire conversation with the people challenging him, Jesus was not telling people to judge others, but rather to carefully consider one's actions in light of the guidance one receives from God. Essentially, that breaking the Law may only appear to be so, but may in actual fact be the right thing to do if it is in keeping with loving God with all our heart/mind/soul and loving each other as ourselves, which healing the man was. In fact, taken in its entire context, John 7:24 was Jesus' reply to people who were judging him, and was encouraging them to be careful in their condemnation of Jesus' actions. We must be careful to put all scripture in its proper context.

And as for our interpretation of scripture and seeking of the truth... we follow different paths with different basic assumptions. You believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God and no other truth is necessary. I believe that the Bible is a wonderful and sacred text that describe people's experiences of God, the life of Jesus, and people's interpretations of Jesus' life. I do not, however, think that what the Bible says is infallible, nor do I think that it describes the entirety of God. God to me is beyond my comprehension in totality, because I am limited and God is not. We just have very different basic assumptions from which we operate. What we share in common is a love of Jesus, a devotion to God, and a desire for truth.:)

From a Brother in the Lord that says it better than myself. Im leaving out most of the document because of length.

Lets start by looking at the verse that is constantly being misquoted in its proper context:

Matt 7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

The above verses are addressed to a hypocrite who went around judging people of doing evil when he was doing the same things. Just look at verse 3 and 4. Do not judge another person before judging yourself. A good example would be a bank robber. A person who robs banks for a living should not go around judging other people who robs banks. How about this real-time example. Remember the TV evangelist who judged another TV evangelist for sleeping with another women then paying her hush money. The first evangelist was seeing prostitutes while he was judging the other TV evangelist! Only a hypocrite would judge another person while he is guilty of doing the same thing! This is why the above verses first tell a person to judge themselves. Once that is done, one can judge and help others. In its proper context Matt 7:1 does not say it is wrong to judge. Instead it is saying to first judge yourself!

In order to understand Matt 7:1 the entire context must be read. Most people quote verse 1 and ignore the rest of the verses. There is a name for taking a Bible verse out of context. That word is called twisting the Scriptures. Misquoting Matt 7:1 is perverting the Scriptures. Taking a verse out of its setting and building a doctrine around it is deceptive and not rightly dividing the word of God! When one looks at verses 1 - 5 it can be easily seen that we are to judge things.

Let me repeat myself. Verses 1 through 5 gives a foundation rule for judging. The rule is this: First judge yourself before judging another. There is nothing wrong with judging as long as you have first judged yourself!

People use Matt 7:1 out of context to justify evil and things that God hates. By ripping verse 1 out of context professing Christians (tares) justify the occult, rock music, false religions, and heresies. Wrongly using Matt 7:1 to justify evil is one of the great deceptions of these last days. Don't be tricked by those who misquote that verse!

Below is another example of a hypocrite who judges others while they are guilty of doing the same thing:

Rom 2
1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

These verses go along with the verses quoted in Matt 7:1-5. It is very important for a person to first judge themselves to make sure they are not guilty of the same sins.

Here is another verse where the Lord commands His people to judge themselves:

2 Cor 13
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

All the above verses do not forbid judging sin or false teachers. The only admonition given is to judge yourself so you are not a hypocrite.

Next lets move on and look at more detail at what the Bible says about judging.

WE ARE COMMANDED TO JUDGE

God expects and commands His people to judge false teaching and to reject wolves and false teachers. Read the below verses:

1 Cor 6
1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

Look closely at the above verses. Verse 1 indicates that issues are to be brought to the saints of God for judgment.

Verse 2 gives a hint of our future lives and position in Christ. God's people will be assisting in judging the world. Because of this fact God expects His people to make judgments within the local assembly of believers.

Verse 3 and 4 goes on and states that one day we will make judgments concerning the angels of God. If this is so then we are more than qualified to make judgments regarding issues in this life! Verse 5 states that the wise will be able to judge between good and evil. Those who cannot or will not judge are not wise.

1 John 4
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The above verse is a command to God's people. We are commanded not to believe every spirit. This means do not believe every wind of teaching you hear. We are commanded to "try" or test the spirits. This means we are to test all teaching with the Word of God. This will allow God's people to see if the teaching is from God or not. By testing the for a false prophet, judgments must be made between right and wrong doctrine.

A further warning is given that many false prophets and teachers are in the world. These false prophets will be teaching and spreading heresies that deny the foundations of the Christian faith. God's people are commanded to:
1) do not believe all that you hear
2) put all teaching to the test. This means use the Bible to judge if the teaching is true or not! Use the Bible to judge between true and false teaching.

Eph 5
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

God's people are to prove what is acceptable unto the Lord. This involves making a judgment between right and wrong. We prove the teaching is true or false by using the Bible as our guideline.

Verse 11 says we are to reject and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness. This also involves judging between right and wrong. As a result of our judgment we are to have no fellowship with evil.

Finally in verse 11 we are told to reprove evil. This means we are to openly oppose and reject evil works and teachers. Once judgment has been made we are to publicly expose and reject false teaching and false teachers.

Remember this is a command to judge and to reprove false teachers and their teachings. Disobedient people who tolerate evil will refuse to judge it. Instead they will misquote Matt 7:1 and say: "Don't judge". Beware of such people!

Rom 12
9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

One must judge evil to abhor it. Judgment must be made to determine evil and to determine good. Once that judgment has been made the above verse commands God's people to abhor the evil. This means to reject and have nothing to do with that which is evil.

1 Thess 5
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Above is another command to judge and reject evil. God's people prove (test) all things with the Holy Bible. As a result of judging between good and evil we are commanded to hold fast to the good while abstaining from evil.

John 7
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

God's people are commanded to make judgments. The above verse commands the use of righteous judgment. Righteous judgment has the following characteristics:
1) First the person judges himself so he is not a hypocrite
2) The Bible is used as the foundation of right vs wrong.

JUDGING EVIL EXPOSES SATAN'S SERVANTS AND PROTECTS GOD'S PEOPLE

Judgment is essential for the spiritual health of the Christian or the local assembly. Once evil or false teaching is judged, it is to be rejected and removed.

Rom 16
17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

False teachers deny the foundations of the Christian faith. They seek to cause divisions and create offenses. God's people are to identify false teachers and avoid them. By avoiding the false teacher a person is protecting himself. Do not attend a church where the pastor is a false teacher or where false teachers are accepted. By marking (judging) the false teacher, a Christian can then avoid the wolf. This is a command and is given for the protection of God's people.

Verse 18 illustrates how evil and dangerous the false teacher really is. By judging the false teacher, they can be easily marked, avoided, and rejected. Only simple and foolish people refuse to judge and as a result they are easily deceived by wolves and false teachers. In fact, people who refuse to judge evil are simple minded people! Just look at verse 18 above! Wolves are able to deceive the hearts of the simple minded.

"What we share in common is a love of Jesus, a devotion to God, and a desire for truth."

Yes, indeed! Thanks for being so nice,

God Bless!

Conscience said:
"What we share in common is a love of Jesus, a devotion to God, and a desire for truth."

Yes, indeed! Thanks for being so nice,

God Bless!
I'm gonna be nice too. This is the biggest stone I could find. You can throw it...;)

Sin is sin, it don't matter who what where or when. Like my good friend and priest said (echoing the minister above) "What do I see when the parish comes into the church...with the exception of babies and children, I see a wretched mass of sad humans, and when I look at the cross, I realize I am in the same boat with them..."

Ouch.

v/r

Q

In response-

We are commanded in the Bible to judge ourselves and to make decisions for ourselves whether or not to follow a religious teacher and what right action is.

We are not commanded in the Bible to judge others in such a way that we become intolerant of them.

Reread all of the verses you posted. It's all there. You can tell me what some pastor has to say to warp these verses into an excuse to openly be judgmental of other people, but it isn't going to change the interpretation I've received by bringing these verses to God in prayer.

I think you are missing the whole point I've tried numerous times to make: We all sin, so we are never able to fully remove the plank from our own eye. Thus, we would always be hypocrites to judge another's sins, because we are never without sin ourselves. The verses are not saying that once we "judge ourselves" we are free to judge others. The verses are saying that once we rid ourselves of sin (the plank in our eye), then we are free to judge others. We can never rid ourselves of sin, so we are never free to judge others. Only God/Jesus is free from sin, and thus only He is judge.

That does not mean that we don't make decisions (judgments) about what actions we feel are right for us, and what religious teachers to follow. There is a big difference between deciding an action is wrong for ourselves, or a teacher is not one we should follow, and being intolerant and judgmental of other people. For example, it has been revealed to me in my spiritual journey that I have a responsibility to take care of this earth (God's creation)- to recycle, work on environmental issues, be kind to all life, etc. Many Christians haven't come to this decision. It is only my place to judge my own actions and to choose leaders that are in line with the beliefs and ethics that were revealed to me by the Holy Spirit. It is not my place to judge my fellow human beings and tell them they are wrong, bad, or going to hell because they do not take responsibility for caring for God's creation. I still have other sins in my life I struggle with, as we all do, and so I must work on removing the "planks from my own eye" and not focus on the splinters in my fellow humans'.
We are clearly instructed to support one another's spiritual journey and to not cause stumbling blocks in others' faith. Well, I can tell you that I know a lot of atheists who were once Christians, and they say they are atheist because of the intolerance and lack of love displayed by their fellow Christians. Their persecution and judgment by others only deepens their separation from the faith. Many begin to discuss God with me, and think there may be more than just this one life- not because I tell them they are going to hell, or that they are full of sin, or that x and y actions are wrong... they come to me and discuss God because I extend the love of God in my actions. I do not judge them and then say "But I'm only doing this because I love you!" Anyone can see through such a falsehood. Love is embracing the person and leading by example, and then when they ask, your beliefs are respected and taken seriously, because you have already shown that you "practice what you preach." Since the Good News was God's gift of love to us, we must practice love.

"We are not commanded in the Bible to judge others in such a way that we become intolerant of them."

Again, I agree! One cannot say they love someone, and is intolerant agaisnt them. In truth, this sort of person wouuld be a liar! What I said, and continue to say is - "As a Bible believer, I cannot be tolerant to other ways that say they are leading to God." Why? Because God said in his word that there is only one way - His way, through the Sacrifice he made. About making righteous judging however, I see that you still dont get it. In short, a righteous judgment is just obeying God's guide rules outlined in the Bible. Here's a really good topic for an example:

God said in his word that he is against homosexuality. While I know that I am commanded by God to LOVE EVERYONE as myself, I am also instructed in speaking God's truth - in other words, call a spade a spade. So heres what I would do, and already do, with homosexuals who call themselves Chrisitans. In love, I show them where God is against it. I qoute the word (wich is sharper than any two-edge sword), and let God open their eyes to his truth. I in NO way judge them, and tell them that they are going to hell. I do however echo Jesus' words - "If you do not repent of your sins, you will not enter the kingdom of Heaven."

Do you see what I mean about righteous Judgement now?

Conscience said:
Do you see what I mean about righteous Judgement now?
I see what you mean, and I saw what you meant before. I just do not agree with it. We have each stated our beliefs, and why we believe them. At this point, we will just have to agree to disagree. Christianity encompasses a tremendous amount of diversity in belief and practice, and always has from its earliest days.

"I see what you mean, and I saw what you meant before. I just do not agree with it."

Thats cool! Like you said, we can agree to disagree.

Back