Where is Christanity Headed?

C

Conscience

I believe its headed for a more "loving" and more "tolerant" version of the truth. With this new version of Christanity, many religions will be considered equal, and just another road to the same God. But, is the new version of Christanity correct, or just the fulfillment of what will occure in the endtimes? The following is an short report that I got from prophecyfulfilled.com Enjoy:

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/benedict_the_enforcer.html

Benedict the Enforcer

What Ratzinger believes about salvation:

MAXINE MCKEW: Would Pope Benedict take the view that non-believers are damned?

CARDINAL GEORGE PELL: No, certainly not, certainly not. Salvation is open to all good people. Our God is a god of love and infinite mercy. The only person who might be damned are those who resolutely refuse to turn to towards the light, towards love, who lock them up obstinately in hate. My prayer and my hope is that very, very few will be damned Read it here.

What the Bible teaches:

If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son. The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life ( 1 John 5: 9-12 New American Standard Bible).

i would like to believe this will work & in some individual cases it may.
i also feel it is a fulfilment of prophecy. the second rises, with two, speaks like a lamb, giving power to the first..
there was another meeting on this a few years back with Schuller & Graham.

we do not have the exact details of every move, but we do have the big picture in prophecy.
IMO- i dont think it is just Christianity, but afterward individual religious & other freedoms will be taken away & power will be (is being) given to states. It will move on down the line through the smaller religions, but the people will not realize it until afterward, it has been in part, if not a complete deception.

i feel it is important for the body to keep there eyes on Jesus & not so much the world leaders. Jesus who is the head of the church & to be aware of these things, but not to dwell on or be too disturbed or shaken about the things that must come to pass.:)

I am not a prophet & I could be wrong, but this is how I have been seeing it for a long time.

And how do we know who has the Son of God, the good news, the gospel in his/her heart?

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so, every good tree bringeth forth good fruit, but a corrupt tree bringeth forth bad fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that brigeth not forth good fruit is hew down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them. Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father, who is in heaven." Mt 7:15-21

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory. And before him shall be gathered all the nations; and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. . . Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; For I was hungry, and ye gave me food; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in. . . Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee, or thirsty and gave thee drink? . . . And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Mt 25:31-32, 34-35, 37, 40

"A good man, out of the good treasure of his heart, bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man, out of the evil treasure of his heart, bringeth forth that which is evil; for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." Mt 6:45

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tested him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? How readest thou? And he, answering, said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right; this do, and thou shalt live. But he, desiring to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor? And Jesus, answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came a priest that way; and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was; and when he saw him he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. . . Which, now, of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves?" Luke 10:25-34, 36

Some of us see believing in the Son of God as much more than self-identification as a Christian. Christ's teachings, I believe, are on every heart, and as Jesus himself said, those who follow them will not be condemned.

I guess it comes down to that irreconcilable chasm between those who are literalists and those who read metaphorically. But I believe there are many whose lives bear the fruits of the Spirit, whether or not they confess to be Christian. I, for one, admit that Ghandi was more of a "Christian" by his actions than I am. Perhaps, as the Jews believed (and still do), it is not about perfection, but rather about consistent effort... The Jews did not (and do not) exclude Gentiles from the kingdom of heaven. Why do we exclude non-Christians and ignore Jesus' words on entering the kingdom of heaven? We all know that all those who say "Lord, Lord" will not necessarily enter the kingdom. Jesus says time and again throughout the gospels that it is one's actions that show consistent effort to do God's will. If others' actions show the fruits, do we still condemn them to hell because they do not identify as believers in Jesus as God?

Bandit,

I loved that post. I especially loved this part:

" i feel it is important for the body to keep there eyes on Jesus & not so much the world leaders. Jesus who is the head of the church & to be aware of these things, but not to dwell on or be too disturbed or shaken about the things that must come to pass."

Watching these things come to pass is like a movie for me, where I dont know the middle of it, but I know the end result. Its almost serreal, huh?

path_of_one said:
And how do we know who has the Son of God, the good news, the gospel in his/her heart?...I guess it comes down to that irreconcilable chasm between those who are literalists and those who read metaphorically. But I believe there are many whose lives bear the fruits of the Spirit, whether or not they confess to be Christian. I, for one, admit that Ghandi was more of a "Christian" by his actions than I am. Perhaps, as the Jews believed (and still do), it is not about perfection, but rather about consistent effort... The Jews did not (and do not) exclude Gentiles from the kingdom of heaven. Why do we exclude non-Christians and ignore Jesus' words on entering the kingdom of heaven? We all know that all those who say "Lord, Lord" will not necessarily enter the kingdom. Jesus says time and again throughout the gospels that it is one's actions that show consistent effort to do God's will. If others' actions show the fruits, do we still condemn them to hell because they do not identify as believers in Jesus as God?
Those of us with half a brain don't exclude anyone. See we don't make the decisions about who Peter opens the gates to and who he doesn't. Because...that is arrogant, and ignorant of what the Bible says.

All, Christianity ever said, was if one follows Jesus (accepts Him as savior, in truth), then one bypasses final judgement (read that as book of life or death). Quite a simple statement actually. Still going to be judged on the fruits of your labor as a saved "Christian", but it has nothing to do with hell, damnation, forever away from God...

Yeeshhh, it's a simple declaration and promise.

v/r

Q

I'd just like to add that its not Christanity that saves anyone, but Christ himself. There will be many Christians that dont go to Heaven, because they dont really know Jesus, they just profess him with their mouths. Those that truely know the Lord, WILL be changed, because God begins to mold them into the image of Jesus, the second Adam. This is a promise of God for anyone who accepts that they are sinners, and choose to believe in what Jesus has done for them. In true, this is far from pride. Think about it, why would a prideful person boast that he is a sinner, and beg Jesus to be his Savior, that he/she may be forgiven?

God is SOOO God. He has designed us to come to the truth. But it is us, who choose to believe a lie. God has put in all of us a conscience that will convicts us of ONLY moral issues, so that we may come to reconize the Laws of God that is written on our hearts. Listen to your conscience, before it gets seared. Listen to it, because it will show tell you when you break one of God's laws. Ever wonder why you felt funny about telling a lie? It's because you've broken one of God's laws - "You shall not lie!" If we realize that we've sinned agaisnt God, and is already in debted to the law, we will see that good works will not change the fact that we are already guilty. If we see ourselves in truth, we will see that we are guilty, and worthy of God's wrath. If we see that, we will RUN, flee, jet, (throw in your own vanacular) to the Savior. We will say:

"God Forgive me, I am a SINNER. I NEED your forgiveness. I need the one that died for me to change me. Please, Jesus come into my life, and have your will done in me."

Do this and you'll begin to see that God has a plan for mankind, and that this world is not the end, but only the begining.

Conscience said:
Bandit,

I loved that post. I especially loved this part:

" i feel it is important for the body to keep there eyes on Jesus & not so much the world leaders. Jesus who is the head of the church & to be aware of these things, but not to dwell on or be too disturbed or shaken about the things that must come to pass."

Watching these things come to pass is like a movie for me, where I dont know the middle of it, but I know the end result. Its almost serreal, huh?
yah. quite often it does feel that way. i keep thinking of why God would lead the Israelites in circles for 40 years. It is strange to us but it is Because He knows what He is doing & Moses was faithful in all his house, even when he saw no way out, he turned to the Lord for the people. And it feels good to wave the white surrender flag back to heaven, even in the middle of times of trouble & know that we are in the palm of His hand. I am always in awe at the vastness & endless caverns of His infinite wisdom & mercy & love, with Jesus leading the way. The victory is ours if we hold fast & God does not lie.

To be like Jesus, On earth I long to be like him.
All through lifes journey, from earth to glory,
I only ask to be like him.:)

Conscience said:
I'd just like to add that its not Christanity that saves anyone, but Christ himself. There will be many Christians that dont go to Heaven, because they dont really know Jesus, they just profess him with their mouths. Those that truely know the Lord, WILL be changed, because God begins to mold them into the image of Jesus, the second Adam. This is a promise of God for anyone who accepts that they are sinners, and choose to believe in what Jesus has done for them. In true, this is far from pride. Think about it, why would a prideful person boast that he is a sinner, and beg Jesus to be his Savior, that he/she may be forgiven?
It gets so frustrating at times to talk to people who go to church every Sunday and feel that they are saved because they go to church and go through the motions. There are so many in the church that are spiritually dead. When you are one who lives by the light of Christ instead of just saying it, there is a truth that dwells that continues to flourish in peace. The law becomes you. I think that is why there is such a division in Christianity, because there are some who are Christians by works and then there are some who are Christians in truth - you know what I'm saying? :)

Conscience said:
"God Forgive me, I am a SINNER. I NEED your forgiveness. I need the one that died for me to change me. Please, Jesus come into my life, and have your will done in me."

Do this and you'll begin to see that God has a plan for mankind, and that this world is not the end, but only the begining.
And on this we can agree (finally!). :D I have always asked God's forgiveness. I will add that I do not ask this because I am afraid of God's wrath, but rather because I am sad in God's disappointment. I don't ask out of fear, but rather out of a desire to be what God wants for me to be. A desire to be like Jesus (as you said, Bandit). Oh, this world is not at all the end. You are definitely right about that!

truthseeker said:
When you are one who lives by the light of Christ instead of just saying it, there is a truth that dwells that continues to flourish in peace. The law becomes you.
That's beautiful.

Path of One,

You've asked Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of your life? Sorry, but I didnt know you were a Christain.

Later,

Conscience

I am a person who has accepted Jesus. I really don't worry what I am called. I really don't worry where others think I am going. I know what I must do, and I know how I should act. I know it does not matter if I fail in these goals, but I must try to continuously succeed. I know I answer to one and only one Savior.

Only because I chose to accept that Savior...

This is what I teach my children...and this is where Christianity is heading...because I'm not alone. It's a simple truth behind all the complexities of this faith.

Pretty basic don't you think?

v/r

Q

I have always asked God's forgiveness. I will add that I do not ask this because I am afraid of God's wrath, but rather because I am sad in God's disappointment.
Thank you for that, path of one. That hits home to me, because I've had a hard time ever asking forgiveness from God--just one of my many failings--

I've been reading The Secret Life of God, by Rabbi David Aaron, and his message is close in spirit to what you said--God suffers through us, experiences our joy, and we work out his intent here on Earth. If I've let myself down, I've let God down as well--

So where is Christianity heading? I don't ever see the Church, as Christ's body here on Earth, becoming a monolithic belief system. God created so many different people, and the capable minds that go along with them, for anyone ever to completely agree on matters of theology that have tortured far finer intelligences than mine for some two millenia.

I would hope, however, that all those who feel called by Christ can come to accept anyone who answers Christ's call in love and humility as a fellow person of faith--even if that anyone cannot put the name "Christ" to that Power to which they have surrendered themselves.

OK, that's asking a lot, I know, but since we're letting our hopes extend to the future....

BluejayWay said:
Thank you for that, path of one. That hits home to me, because I've had a hard time ever asking forgiveness from God--just one of my many failings--

I've been reading The Secret Life of God, by Rabbi David Aaron, and his message is close in spirit to what you said--God suffers through us, experiences our joy, and we work out his intent here on Earth. If I've let myself down, I've let God down as well--

So where is Christianity heading? I don't ever see the Church, as Christ's body here on Earth, becoming a monolithic belief system. God created so many different people, and the capable minds that go along with them, for anyone ever to completely agree on matters of theology that have tortured far finer intelligences than mine for some two millenia.

I would hope, however, that all those who feel called by Christ can come to accept anyone who answers Christ's call in love and humility as a fellow person of faith--even if that anyone cannot put the name "Christ" to that Power to which they have surrendered themselves.

OK, that's asking a lot, I know, but since we're letting our hopes extend to the future....
I don't know where tomorrow leads, but Christianity is here and now. I suspect tomorrow it will be here and now again.

I Don't think your Rabbi friend can be much good on telling you were Christians are going. No more better than the Pope could tell your Rabbi where he is going.

Only a Christian can tell themself where they are going...one at a time.

I'm certain that is not what you expected to read.

Fine mine minds...simple answer...unacceptable...that seems to be the problem with intelligent people nowadays.

Personally, not this "fine mind". Simple is good. Lets me gear up for complex later.

v/r

Q

I don't know where tomorrow leads, but Christianity is here and now.

Only a Christian can tell themself where they are going...one at a time.
You've hit the nail on the head, my friend--I'm not sure whether that's what I expected to read or not, but thank you for those thoughts--

(I'm in a particularly receptive frame of mind right now, I think--and I'm hearing many things i need to hear--ok, carry on :) )

BluejayWay said:
You've hit the nail on the head, my friend--I'm not sure whether that's what I expected to read or not, but thank you for those thoughts--

(I'm in a particularly receptive frame of mind right now, I think--and I'm hearing many things i need to hear--ok, carry on :) )
Not me friend. ;) You ask, I answer. I only expound at the writer's request...and then only gingerly. :D

v/r

Q

Kindest Regareds, all!

Might I say, I am impressed with the level of conversation! There are some fine quotes here over the last day from everybody. :) :) :)

Quahom1 said:
Fine mine minds...simple answer...unacceptable...that seems to be the problem with intelligent people nowadays.

Touche! Ouch! I can't help but wonder if I deserve that? :D

Back