Spiritual Materialism

Kinda takes the fun out of it doesn't it? I mean, if there are no levels to achieve, no heroic identity idols to dress, nothing to perfect, and no hope (gasp!), what's left? I'm struggling with this as well. What is my natural estate? How can I ever live that when I have to participate in the meaningless meaning of the social rigmarole of other people's expectations?

Chris

Kinda takes the fun out of it doesn't it? I mean, if there are no levels to achieve, no heroic identity idols to dress, nothing to perfect, and no hope (gasp!), what's left? I'm struggling with this as well. What is my natural estate? How can I ever live that when I have to participate in the meaningless meaning of the social rigmarole of other people's expectations?

Chris

I dunno Chris, I'm having fun goofing around with life. Maybe because I think it's all just make believe after all, so why not just relax and have fun with it?

Chris

Oh dear that is pretty deep stuff. I have solved it by living alone.

I dunno Chris, I'm having fun goofing around with life. Maybe because I think it's all just make believe after all, so why not just relax and have fun with it?

I think you're right Mark. It should be like child's play. Play for the sake of play, not play to win and make another lose. Infinite play...I like that! I think I can do that!

On aesthetic versus ascetic poverty... I find that minimalism can be quite enjoyable on a number of levels. The luxury of uncluttered space is cathartic, for example. There is great freedom in having few things.

Chris

Back