Questions ?

Dear Friend,There is no need to reply people like this.It's a waste of time.First they should prove their first claim,which we have refuted.If they can't there is no need to go for another claims.Throwing sh-it like bullets from gun is absurdity and that's what the author and his client did.

Removed the post of Al-murtad. These types of posts dont deserve answers... my request to our brothers and sisters is to simply ignore them but if you feel that you must, then i cant stop you. I'll deal with these whenever i get the chance. I could not logon yesterday or this morning...circumstances did not permit me. My oppologies still.

Mason said:
Oh, thats really very nice ^_^, thank you. But at the moment i'm considering heavily about stopping my studying of Islam. I feel like i've been battered and bruised at the moment, this decision to stop or carry on is really making me sick. It seems i look one way (away from Islam) and the grass looks greener & then someone goes and says something like you did above and its the opposite way round. I tried writing the good points and the bad in a comparative way but it seemed very even. I just don't know if i can cope, especially with my brother making fun of me about it, i really don't know how he thinks he knows.

I don't have a clue what your going to say after this reply,... but i just don't want to make the wrong decision and destroy my life in the process.
I dont know exactly what you are going through as i was born Muslim. If there is a convert here, i request him/her to comment.
Anyway, i'll say a few things from what i can guess what you might be going through. Sorry if i get it wrong.
It seems i look one way (away from Islam) and the grass looks greener & then someone goes and says something like you did above and its the opposite way round.
It is no doubt a difficult and often scary decision. This is what reverts[1] have told me. One thing I would say is that Islam is about submission. This life is a test for the hereafter. This life is about obeying God, not about obeying our whims and desires. Dont worry too much about your brother... If you become muslim one day, maybe later he just might too through what good he sees of you. He will inshallah [God-willing] see the positive changes in you and hopefully it will have a good affect on him.
I just don't know if i can cope
yes, you will have to strive and you shall be tested as were nations before us. Put your trust in Allah. Try your best. Remember that God is Most-Gracious, Most-Merciful and Oft-Forgiving.

I will say something now based on experience with reverts. It may not apply in your case as you have not said anything to indicate this. Still, i will say it but if my assumption is wrong, ignore what i say in this regard. It is often a point with those who accept Islam before they accept it. Maybe you have done alot of bad things, God knows we all have.I am pointing this material out for you in an effort to encourage you.
Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Qur'an, 39:53]
‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas was a mushrik (polytheist, idol-worshipper), a sinner and an enemy of Allaah. He said: “When Allaah put the love of Islam into my heart, I came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to pledge my allegiance to him. He stretched out his hand towards me, but I said, ‘I will not pledge allegiance to you, O Messenger of Allaah, until you forgive me my previous sins.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me, ‘O ‘Amr, do you not know that Islam wipes out whatever sins came before it.’” (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad).

Hope this helped. And with Allaah lies all guidance.
[1] Muslim convert

Hello thipps, thanks for your reply ^_^

I think the main reason (putting the criticism aside) for my indecisiveness about following Islam is that i don't know if i can live that life. As i said, sometimes i feel that i want to, mostly because i'm attracted to the culture and sometimes i don't, because i think to myself i could have a better life following a different religion. I once said earlier in this thread (i can't remember the post number) that i wasn't choosing between two or more religions, and at the time i wasn't, i'm not really now... I've just started to consider looking at others, as it seems without religion in my life i feel very empty & worthless, etc.

My sins (i don't think i have too many) are not the reason i feel i may not be-able to follow Islam. Maybe its things like when i didn't understand 'fear Allah' for instance, making me believe i can't understand it like i should,... I'm not sure.

^_^

h| Mason,

Your statement "i could have a better life following a different religion" can be a point of long discussion as to what constitutes a 'better life'... depends on one's point of view but, at this point, I get the feeling you might not be in the mood. Let me know if you are.
Anyway, as far as accepting Islam is concerned... some may require many years or only need minutes. We must respect people's doubts.

And with Allaah lies all guidance.

I have a question about converting,.... is there some form of ceremony or special service to mark the day you become officially muslim?

I could look this up but its better to ask, i think ^_^

Thipps,... It seems i overlooked post #72 before, and i am in the middle of reading it now. It applies to animals as well as humans?... all living things?

I hope me asking about that topic again doesn't annoy you any. ^_^

Mason said:
Thipps,... It seems i overlooked post #72 before, and i am in the middle of reading it now. It applies to animals as well as humans?... all living things?

I hope me asking about that topic again doesn't annoy you any. ^_^
Hi Mason,
Yes, it applies equally to both animals and humans.
Furthermore, the majority of scholars say that it is permissible to make pictures of inanimate objects such as trees, buildings, etc, and they quote several texts as evidence for that, including the following:

The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (5963) and Muslim (2110) from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘Whoever makes an image in this world will be told to breathe life into it in the Day of Resurrection, and he will not be able to do so.’” The prohibition mentioned in this hadeeth has to do with animate objects. What confirms this interpretation is that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who was the narrator of this hadeeth, issued a fatwa[religious ruling] permitting the drawing of trees and inanimate objects, as was narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari (2225) and Saheeh Muslim (2110) from Sa’eed ibn Abi’l-Hasan, who said: “I was with Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) when a man came to him and said, ‘O Ibn ‘Abbaas, I am a man who earns a living by the work of my hands, and I make these pictures (or images).’ Ibn ‘Abbaas said: ‘I will only tell you what I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, and I heard him say, “Whoever makes an image in this world will be punished until he breathes life into it, and he will never be able to do so.’’ The man became very upset and his face turned pale. He – meaning Ibn ‘Abbaas – said, ‘Woe to you! If you insist on making them (images), then you can make images of these trees and everything that does not have a soul.’”
Hope this clears it up.
And Allaah knows best.

Mason said:
I have a question about converting,.... is there some form of ceremony or special service to mark the day you become officially muslim?

I could look this up but its better to ask, i think ^_^
h| mason,
The procedure for embracing the religion of Islam is a simple process, without complication or prolongment. This is because it is something between a person and his Lord and there are no other parties involved. All that is required of a person in order to embrace Islam is that he or she pronounce the two testaments of belief in the Islamic creed, believing in their meaning; then to take a complete bath with the intention of (ritual) purification in order to start performing prayers (note to ensure complete cleanliness one should shave pubic and under-arm hair -- Islam places great emphasis on proper hygiene and personal cleanliness).
As for the two testimonies of creed, the first is "ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa allah" (I testify that there is no deity other than Allah), which means that one believes and confirms that there is nothing to be worshipped other than Allah and that one is prepared to implement His divine rulings and guidlines (shari'a) for all aspects of life. The second is "ash-hadu anna muhammad ar-rasool ullah" which means the belief that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the seal of the prophets (i.e. the final one), whom Allah has sent with the Islamic religion to supercede all other previous religions and that it is obligatory to comply with what he has enjoined, and to abstain and renounce all that he has prohibited and restrained.
We pray for you to be bestowed with grace, and may Allah guide you to success in what is the most true and right.
Waiting for glad tidings in the near future, may Allah guard and protect you
and Allah knows best.

^_^ Hello,... Recently i have began thinking about Islam again and I have another question to ask, if thats ok...

I realised i don't know if there is a belief of 'hell' in Islam, is there? I just can't remember whether there is or not.

Thanks
Mason

Hello Mason
It is nice to see you again here ...
I can give you these information about hell in Islam ,,, also I think my brothers will give you more information.....

1. Hell is so deep that if a stone were to be dropped into it, it would travel for 70 years before reaching the bottom.

2. The breadth of each of the four walls around Hell is equivalent to a
distance covered by a walking journey of 40 years.

3. Hell has 7 gates.

4. Hell had been lit for one thousand years until its flames became red.
Again it was heated for another thousand years till its colour became white.
Still again it was burnt for further thousand years and its white colour
flames turned pitch black.

5. Even the most fierce fire of this world is 70 fold cooler than the fire of Hell.

6. The lightest punishment in Hell would be the wearing of " Fiery Shoes
" which would cause one's brain to boil.

7. Hell in infested with venomous snakes and scorpions of the size of donkeys and if they were to bite a person then he/she will suffer pain for 40 years.

8. For food, the dweller of Hell would be given Zaqqum which is a
prickly tree, so bitter, that even if a single molecule of it were to spill
onto this earth it would make all the foodstuff of the world bitter and
unpalatable.

9. For drinking, the denizen of Hell would be provided with hot, boiling pus mixed with blood, matter, urine and tears etc. of the dwellers of Hell. If a bucket of this foul liquid were to be spilled onto this earth, the entire world would be upset and disrupted by its most foul stink.
10. Boiling water would be poured over Jahannami's head and this will cause their internal organs to melt and leak out through their feet.

11.The inmates of Hell would be lashed with heavy clubs of iron. If one such
club were to be placed upon this earth, the combined strength of all the
human beings, as well as all the Jinns, would fail to lift it; and if a
mountain is struck with one of these clubs it would cause the whole mountain
to disintegrate.

12. The dwellers of Hell would be burnt daily for 70 thousand times. Every time, after the skin and flesh is burnt, they would be restored to life so that they can continuously taste this punishment..

13. A drunkard will be given blood, pus, sweat, filth, etc. to drink in
Hell.

14. All the haughty people will be gathered in the Hereafter and driven towards Hell but their bodies would be reduced to the size of ants and they will be given to consume the excretions of the dwellers of Hell.

15. Some sinners would be made to climb " SAUD " which is a mountain of fire in Hell, and then dropped from its peak and this process would continue
forever and ever.

16. The dwellers of Hell would be pound in chains which would be greater in length than the distance between the sky and the earth.

17. The clothes of sinners in Hell would be highly inflammable.

18. Beside physical torture, the dwellers of Hell would also be subjected to mental harassment through the taunting by the guardian of Hell who will remind them of their misdeed on earth and remark : Now taste the fire, etc."

19. The sinners and disbelievers would be humiliate to such an extent that
besides their revolting ugliness and pitch black faces, their upper lips
would be touching their foreheads and the lower lip dangling around the
navel.

20. The dwellers of Hell would weep so much and shed so much of tears and blood that furrows would be formed on their cheeks.

21. The tongues of Hell-inmates would be so long and protruding from their
mouths that others would trample and step on them.

22. Shaitaan will also rebuke the denizens of Hell.

23. The dwellers of Hell would display their rage and fury on those who led
them astray.
24. The inhabitants of Hell would appeal to the guardians of Jahannam to intercede on their behalf in the court of Allah but their pleas would rejected. They would the make direct supplication to Allah but their prayers would not be granted.
25. They will then abide forever in Hell, continuously lamenting and braying like asses.

I hope this can be help

Thanks

I'm not to sure how to take all that Friend,... were you kidding? Its funny just how it seems to have been written by an 8 year old kid, (i don't mean your english skills friend), its so immature that it could have only been composed by a child. I mean the things that you mentioned are beyond unbelievable.

So,... is this written in the Qur'an? not in your words, but is it?

"Now taste the fire!" - good one Friend, lol ^_^ and #19 is marvelous!

Mason said:
This is from the link your provided friend:

With this i am still abit puzzled to how she knew,... when was the man allowed to show his interested? Could you (or someone) tell me abit about the 'hijab' (is that the right name?) and when & how, if ever, does she allow herself to be 'hit on'...?
I understand it is different there, to the west's modern christian societies, but i'm not sure what other word to use.
According to a saying of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him),a man can briefly see the face of a woman (that is with the hijab)headscarf when looking for a future wife.Most of the time in the muslim world it is with the support of family and friends that marriages are arranged with mutual aggreement from both parties.

Back