The Science of Kabbalah

and of course, the "altruistic second nature" isn't actually yesh mi en because it exists in the creator allready, but I think you get the point, we aren't capable of changing our own nature.

Hi kabbalah,

It's reffered to a bit. Most of what is studied in the creation of the worlds from above downward, which is mostly before time and space existed, time and space only occur at later stages when the creation becomes extremely remote from the Creator.

Excellent so it is science of thought or more precisely theoretical science as opposed to science that can be proved by tried and tested methods.

The whole universe, of course the entire physical universe can be considered imaginary. It isn't self existing, but is a distorted reality filtered through our desire to receive pleasure. Just like a dream is not considered real, neither is the picture we get from our five senses.

This hints toward the holgraphic principle of the universe. According to this theory that also ties in with Adam and the splitting of his soul to 6000000.
Simply put it is theorised that from the one original each and every one of us through an energy interference of some kind have become a holograph of the original piece. In each holograph however contains all the information of the original piece and the subsequent holographs that were created from the first hologram. So what we perceive with any of our physical senses is merely a hologram of what is actually inside us containing all the holograms.

Masach is not corporeal, it is "made of" intention

also, it's actually the Creator who builds the Masach

So we have nothing to do but let the creator do it for us?

The difference is this: Ein Sof is what comes from the Creator, Atzmuto is the Creator himself, we only know that Atzmuto exists, but not what exactly it is, we can understand the entire process of creation, the thought of creation, and everything that comes from the Creator, but not his essence

Sort of like the grace of God

the difference is that kabbalah allows one to acheive it while still living in this world, no need to wait for death

No difference in my mind. Most religions try to achieve this while we are living.

Most people were not ready for it in the past. Humanity's egoism was developing naturally with a small amount of Kabbalists who were ready to learn the secrets of existence and leave behind a method for future generations.

Many indigenous people and eastern philosophers will tend to disagree with you there, their understanding of the creator existed from the beginning of time. Even in Jesus's time they dwelt within God perhaps more often than we do in todays world and in my mind we have gone backwards rather than forward. Perhaps Kabbalist renewed this knowledge. Although in saying that most ancient people never lost the knowledge.

Today, the question "what is the meaning of my life" is burning inside people stronger than ever. It was written in the Zohar thousands of years ago " “At the end of the 20th century people will leave illusory teachings and discover Kabbalah and then the new Era will come - the Era of Messiah.

I would agree with you there, I think it is more because we have distanced ourselves from that which was known to the ancients in any belief system. The Zohar didnt come out till the 13th century correct me if I am wrong. That was after a lot of the really ancient texts had already been written that contains a lot of what you explain about the kabbalah.

people didn't need it back then, and they may have distorted kabbalah more than it allready has been

Perhaps back then "what is the meaning of my life" did not mean much because they knew what it was.

it's actually very different from any other "path"

In some ways I would agree, but closer inspection reveals that it is another path just like a lot of the others that is intended to help us understand the creator if we believe in one, or to understand our true existence.

No one path to me is better than another, it is a path that is suited to the traveller. Thank you for the time you have taken to explain Kabbalah to me. I wish you well on your journey.

Kelcie:)

kabbalah said:
"It follows that a person who has not crossed the Machsom yet is not even able to comprehend what Kabbalah means by love, and in general, what love is."

The love, desire and passion that I speak of is not the love that you have described .... it is the passion to know, the passion to seek, the desire to find the way .... and I suppose it is a form of unconditional love .... it must be possible to love the way the Kabbalah means it, or we could not find our way .... I don't know what it means to "cross the Machsom" and would appreciate it if you would enlighten me on its meaning .... the task at hand it not an impossible one, so it must be possible to "love" completely with abandon in order to see the inner meaning of the Torah for example .... it would be a sad day when there is no love in this world .... love, pohaikawahine

pohaikawahine said:
The love, desire and passion that I speak of is not the love that you have described .... it is the passion to know, the passion to seek, the desire to find the way .... and I suppose it is a form of unconditional love .... it must be possible to love the way the Kabbalah means it, or we could not find our way .... I don't know what it means to "cross the Machsom" and would appreciate it if you would enlighten me on its meaning .... the task at hand it not an impossible one, so it must be possible to "love" completely with abandon in order to see the inner meaning of the Torah for example .... it would be a sad day when there is no love in this world .... love, pohaikawahine

the love you are speaking about is somewhat different, perhaps what kabbalah refers to as a "point in the heart," the desire for something greater than yourself, not of this world, the point in the heart is thought of as the embryo of the soul, it is a tiny point of Bina, implanted in the egoistical heart from above.

The goal of studying kabbalah is to attract Ohr Makif (surrounding light), which gradually increases the person's desire for spirituality, shows them the full extent of their own evil, and makes them feel "lovesick" for the Creator and perceive their own egoism as the only thing separating them from the Creator.

The Machsom is the barrier that separates egoism from altruism, everything below Machsom is 100% selfishness, and beyond Machsom is altruism, of course Machsom isn't the end. Heres description of spiritual ascent through kabbalah:

The light that we receive at the time of study, corrects us. Later, we ascend the levels called “reward and punishment”. Reward and punishment are also defined in terms of a person’s correction and love that he begins to feel when he reveals the Creator. We sense the revelation of the Creator as infinite good and delight, felt in all desires, in our whole Kli.
Later, ascending the levels of reward and punishment, a human being starts correcting his or her Kli into unconditional love (that is not dependant on anything). One goes beyond reward and punishment, reward and punishment meaning one's relation to the Creator, which is gauged by what one feels from Him - good or evil.

Beyond this, there is a degree of love, where no matter how the Creator acts upon me, I feel love towards Him. This does not mean that I love the Creator despite the fact that He is sending me unpleasant sensations. On the contrary, I ascend to the level of correction where I do not feel that He emanates bad, because then I am corrected in my Kli and therefore I feel only good from Him.

This is how a person examines himself against his past. He realizes that in all of his previous reincarnations the Creator has never inflicted harm upon him, even though he sees all the horrible events having taken place in all of his previous reincarnations. Love reveals itself beyond these horrible sensations experienced in the past - love for what has happened in the past is happening now, and will happen in the future. Love for the future means that a person carries on, advances, and reaches his personal Final Correction.

But this is not enough that a person feels only the Creator’s relation to him; still, there is a defect in his love of the Creator. Maybe the Creator relates well just to me, but not to the rest of the souls. Or, maybe, he treats them well today, but didn't yesterday.

And then a person, in essence, has to connect with every soul, to receive, or to adopt its entire lacking, all the desires, all the inner content, and to incorporate it to himself, and do what he did with his own soul in the process of correction and his examination of the Creator’s relation towards him from the beginning of creation till its very end - he has to do the same with all the rest of the souls.

When a human being completes this work with all the souls, and is convinced that the Creator never inflicts harm on any created being, it is within this realization that he reaches the eternal love of the Creator. This is what we have to attain, as it is said in the prayer “Shma, Israel” (Hear, O Israel): “And thou shalt love HaShem thy G-d”. This is our goal. Through this, we all connect into a single Kli. Not only us, but the whole of humanity has to reach this state and to become an integral part of this Kli. This is what the notion of perfect, absolute love refers to, and all the preceding degrees are but the levels of imperfect love.

^^Hopefully this explanation will help explain how different Kabbalah is from everything else, in all my searches I've never come across something that spoke of this.

Oh and for Kelcie's questions: the Creator does everything, we only have to realize how terrible our egoism is and pray for correction, the study of kabbalah intensifies the desire for correction until one is capable of "raising MAN" (the perfect prayer)

A lot of historians believe that Moshe de Leon wrote the Zohar in Spain in the 13th century, but all true Kabbalists say that it was Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai in Israel shortly after the destruction of the second Temple. Baal Hasulam says in his Introduction to the Zohar:

"All serious students who have studied the Holy Zohar -- that is those who understand its contents -- universally agree that its author is the holy Luminary, Rabbi Shimon Bar Yohai. Only those who are far from a true understanding of this wisdom have doubts about its authorship. On the basis of external evidence they claim that its author was the noted Kabbalist, Rabbi Moshe de Leon or one of his period.

As for myself, from the day that I merited through the light of G-d to understand a little in this holy book, it never occurred to me to question its authorship for the simple reason that from the contents of the book, there came to my heart a sense of the holiness of the Luminary, Rabbi Shimon Bar Yohai which was immeasurably greater than that of the other holy Lights. If it was completely clear to me that the author was someone else such as Rabbi Moshe de Leon, then I would think of him as having attained a level far beyond that of the righteous saints and even greater than that of Rabbi Shimon bar Yohai. Actually, the book reaches such a depth of wisdom that if it turned out that its author was one of the ancient prophets of the Bible, I would find that even more reasonable than ascribing its authorship to one of the righteous saints. Even were it to be proved that Moses, our Teacher, received it straight from G-d on Mt. Sinai, I would have no difficulty accepting this fact, so deep is the wisdom I see in it.

Therefore, since I have been privileged to write an explanation of this book in such a way that anyone who is interested can understand something of it, I feel myself discharged from the need to research the identity of its author. When the reader begins to appreciate the depth of this work, he or she will themselves feel satisfied that it must have been written by someone who has attained at the very least the spiritual level of the Holy Rabbi Shimon bar Yohai."

kabbalah said:
The goal of studying kabbalah is to attract Ohr Makif (surrounding light), which gradually increases the person's desire for spirituality, ."

dear kabbalah .... I don't think we are too far apart in our understanding of love and desire for spirituality ..... thank you for your explanation ....

Here is an introductory question posed in the book "Beholders of Divine Secrets .... Mysticism and Myth in the Hekhalot and Merkavah Literature" by Vita Daphna Arbel (the book emerged from a doctoral thesis, written in Hebrew, which was submitted to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in 1997)

"Rabbi Akiva said:

Who is able to contemplate the seven palaces
and behold the heaven of heavens
and see the chambers of chambers
and say. 'I saw the chamber of YH?' "
-- Ma'aseh Merkavah, Synpose, 554.

"this is a spiritual introspective process taking place on an internal level .... and claims the existence of a different reality, beyond the phenomenological world, envisioned as a celestial realm of God, in which his divine palace is situated in the heaven of heavens." a religious consciousness is described ....
and the keys to understanding concealed visions requires an 'understanding of the heart' ... the opening of Hekhalot Zutarti suggests:

"If you want to single yourself out in the world
so that the secrets of the world
and the mysteries of wisdom will be revealed to you,
study this teaching and be careful with it
until the day of your departure.
Do not try to understand what lies behind you
and do not investigate the words of your lips.
You will try to understand what is in your heart
and keep silent,
so that you will attain the beauty of the Merkavah."

The Merkavah is symbolized in the Star of David .... in sacred geometry the star tetrhedron - the Star of David - is a counter rotating field linked to spirals of movement of counsciousness from one level of reality to another. This is part of Merkaba - rotation and movement of consciousness.

In the Pyramid Texts there is a verse that talks of the opening of the third eye or second sight .... it is sometimes described as "the light of a star in the middle of the two eyebrows" ....in order to open this second sight one must return to the perfect balance (this is another symbol in the Star of David .... the two triangles represent the perfect balance of male and female energies) ....

just as you state that it may not be important who the author of the Zohar may be .... it is probably not important how we define "love", only that we "love" and open the gate to this spiritual path .... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

pohaikawahine said:
The love, desire and passion that I speak of is not the love that you have described .... it is the passion to know, the passion to seek, the desire to find the way ....

Unless these things are 100% for the other, than it is still egoism. It seems that all the love a person does for another is selfish to a degree, thus egoism.

Kabbalah has an impossible (without Divine help) standard of altruism, nothing like of this world.

So of course it is different from our normal ideas about love/altruism etc.

My humble 2 cents.

Hopefully this explanation will help explain how different Kabbalah is from everything else, in all my searches I've never come across something that spoke of this.
no offence, kabbalah, but you do come across as a little chauvinistic, in the manner, unfortunately, of many who are totally committed to the way of nistar. personally, i would think twice about making assertions about buddhism in particular. i doubt that you're an expert on everything, so i'd avoid making universal assertions that you can't really back up.

besides, the idea that "there is no wisdom in the nations" is actually a later chasidic idea (and, as such, an attittude likely to be found in the ba'al sulam) rather than one that dates back to the early masters. the idea of the "nefesh elokit" and "nefesh beheimit", for example, is far more related to the "tanya" than the zohar.

*my* studies have led me to conclude that there are several wisdom schools that would give kabbalah a pretty good run for its money as far as all-encompassing, comprehensive systems are concerned. don't let the fact that kabbalah is your path (and therefore better for *you* than any other) blind you to the possibility of other people having other ways up the mountain. that's a trap of the tribal ego - as you ought to recognise if you're truly practicing kabbalistic self-negation. btw - i'm not saying all paths are equally valid, but it's not a question of kabbalah simply being the one and only option.

oh, and you don't always explain your terms sufficiently. "kli" for example. i know what you mean, but it's clear other people don't.

however, i do like r. ashlag's explanation of why the question of the identity of the author of the zohar is irrelevant.

b'shalom

bananabrain

human1111 said:
Unless these things are 100% for the other, than it is still egoism. It seems that all the love a person does for another is selfish to a degree, thus egoism.

Kabbalah has an impossible (without Divine help) standard of altruism, nothing like of this world.

So of course it is different from our normal ideas about love/altruism etc.

My humble 2 cents.

yes! no true spiritual advancement is possible without divine help!

bananabrain said:
no offence, kabbalah, but you do come across as a little chauvinistic, in the manner, unfortunately, of many who are totally committed to the way of nistar. personally, i would think twice about making assertions about buddhism in particular. i doubt that you're an expert on everything, so i'd avoid making universal assertions that you can't really back up.

besides, the idea that "there is no wisdom in the nations" is actually a later chasidic idea (and, as such, an attittude likely to be found in the ba'al sulam) rather than one that dates back to the early masters. the idea of the "nefesh elokit" and "nefesh beheimit", for example, is far more related to the "tanya" than the zohar.

*my* studies have led me to conclude that there are several wisdom schools that would give kabbalah a pretty good run for its money as far as all-encompassing, comprehensive systems are concerned. don't let the fact that kabbalah is your path (and therefore better for *you* than any other) blind you to the possibility of other people having other ways up the mountain. that's a trap of the tribal ego - as you ought to recognise if you're truly practicing kabbalistic self-negation. btw - i'm not saying all paths are equally valid, but it's not a question of kabbalah simply being the one and only option.

oh, and you don't always explain your terms sufficiently. "kli" for example. i know what you mean, but it's clear other people don't.

however, i do like r. ashlag's explanation of why the question of the identity of the author of the zohar is irrelevant.

b'shalom

bananabrain

what can I say? I guess I do think kabbalah is the only way.

nice rhyme eh?

I suppose I'm not an expert on other paths, but everything else seems to not be able to explain everthing, while Kabbalah seems to be able to. to me anyway

oh yeah, and kli is a vessel, for receiving the light of the creator, the essence of your soul basically, the purpose of kabbalah is of course to correct the egoistic kli into altruistic

kabbalah said:
what can I say? I guess I do think kabbalah is the only way.

I suppose I'm not an expert on other paths, but everything else seems to not be able to explain everthing, while Kabbalah seems to be able to. to me anyway

kabbalah .... how long have you been studying the kabbalah .... I was wondering if you would describe what the "way" of the kabbalah is in your view .... personally I think it is a beautiful and powerful path, but I also believe there are many other paths just as valid .... I have studied many of them and most have validity and strength to lead us to the mountaintop .... I am not an expert on the kabbalah but I find it very alluring ....

I posted something about the opening of the third eye and how this may be symbolized in the story of David and Goliath .... David hits Goliath in the middle of the forehead with a stone (both powerful symbols) .... and then I said "sometimes people experience the opening of this inner eye by a knock on the head "...... well just yesterday I was reading the book "In the Shadow of the Ladder .... Inroductions to Kabbalah by Rabbi Yehudah Lev Ashlang" (which was recommended by bananabrain) and here is something interesting "Rabbi Yehudah Lev Ashlang - Born into a Chassidic family in Warsaw in the year 1886, Yehudah Lev's interest in Kabbalah was awakened at a young age, even thought he could not as yet understand it. The story is told that at the age of eleven, a book fell off a shelf and hit him on the head. His father picked it up and while replacing it, told him that it was a book for angels, not for people..... So he started to study Kabbalah secretly ....." .... this story really made me smile as I thought of the young Yehudah Lev devoting his life to this study .....me ke aloha pumehana, pohaikawahine

what exactly is "the mountaintop," it's equivalence of form with the Creator, and a direct perception of him, I don't really see any other paths offering that as an option,

I have also looked into a lot of other "paths," every other path claims that someone in the past had a revelation of the Creator and to follow what they say, or that there is no Creator, they're all based on speculations and metaphysics. Kabbalists only write about what they have attained, and say that it is possible for others to attain it as well, as Baal Hasulam said "[size=-1]From now on we do not need those crippled methods, dipped in metaphysics." Baal Hasulam left behind writings, describing the Upper Worlds in a very precise language, and a method that anyone who has the desire to, can use to enter the Upper Worlds, have a direct perception of the Creator, and then check his writings and see that they are solid facts, not an imaginary place[/size]

no authentic kabbalistic book refers to a "third eye"

and also, who published "in the shadow of the ladder"? if it's in english, who translated it?

kabbalah said:
what exactly is "the mountaintop," it's equivalence of form with the Creator, and a direct perception of him, I don't really see any other paths offering that as an option,

the mountaintop is sometimes a metaphor for the human head .... when we reach the place of visions we have gone to the 'mountaintop' .... there are many paths that offer this option, but if you have closed your mind to the possibility than they will not exist for you ....

kabbalah said:
I have also looked into a lot of other "paths," every other path claims that someone in the past had a revelation of the Creator and to follow what they say, or that there is no Creator, they're all based on speculations and metaphysics. Kabbalists only write about what they have attained, and say that it is possible for others to attain it as well, as Baal Hasulam said "[size=-1]From now on we do not need those crippled methods, dipped in metaphysics." Baal Hasulam left behind writings, describing the Upper Worlds in a very precise language, and a method that anyone who has the desire to, can use to enter the Upper Worlds, have a direct perception of the Creator, and then check his writings and see that they are solid facts, not an imaginary place
[/size]

are you saying that one can only be a kabbalist once they have attained some sort of enlightnment .... are you a kabbalist???? if so, and according to your description, you have attained this state and can tell us about the upper worlds .... if not, how can you speak to solid facts or imaginary places if you have not been there .... just curious

kaballah said:

never said that .... i spoke to the concept of a 'third eye' and never said it came from any book .... and personally i believe that any authentic kabbalist can only see with the third eye ....

kabbalist said:
and also, who published "in the shadow of the ladder"? if it's in english, who translated it?

yes it is in english or i would not be able to read it .... i have ordered some tapes on the hebrew language, but so far i can hardly say 'hello' much less anything else, or heaven forbid try to read it .... but in answer to your question it is translated from the hebrew by mark cohen and yedidah cohen .... in fact in the preface they state " .... it is not intended as a historical study but as an opportunity to understand with the inner eye who rabbi ashlag was and the tradition of which he forms a part" .... hmmmmm ...
does that mean that neither mark cohen or yedidah cohen could be authentic kabbalist because they mention the 'inner eye'????? it is interesting that you sign on as the 'kabbalist' but you view seems very rigid, not a good setting for the opening of that (not to be spoken) 'inner eye' ....just a small suggestion kabbalist, you may want to lighten up on this path .... it will help .... me ke aloha pumehana, pohaikawahine

kaballist .... forgot, you did ask where was the book published ....

Nehora Press
Har Cana'an, Safed Israel

the translators Mark and Yedidah Cohen state that "when we study the kabbalah, we are connected with an ancient tradition whose roots go back, perhaps even as far as the dawn of humanity. It is teaching about what human beings are, where we come from,and where we are going and how to get there. We are all on the way to enlightenment and in this we have no choice."

"Kabbalah was never meant to be just another body of knowledge. Its purpose was always to serve as a tool for self-transformation. "

both mark and yedidah cohen were part of a group that studied the works of Rabbi Ashlag

The thing about Kabbalah being the only path is, just as objects separate according to physical proximity in the world, in the spiritual world, they separate according to equivalence or similiarity of form. So if another path was the same as Kabbalah, they would have merged into one.

The other thing is, that perhaps the most important thing to remember in Kabbalah is "There is none else besides Him" meaning that the Creator is the only acting force in reality. The Creator has a set plan for humanity. All of humanity moves towards the goal of creation unconsciously, Kabbalah is the way of consciously participating in the goal of creation. So technically, all other paths eventually lead to the same goal, since it is a set goal, but Kabbalah speeds up time and allows conscious participation in it. There is only one path, but two ways to travel on it: 1. the path of pain 2. the path of kabbalah.

Kabbalists don't ever talk about their inner sensations. Only certain Kabbalists were permitted to write about the descent of the light downwards and the ascent of the souls upwards in a very general, "objective" way of writing. The reason is that everyone's kli is different and since we are talking about perceiving spirituality as an objective reality, it can only confuse a person to hear a subjective opinion on it.

oh, and good luck with the Hebrew, my hebrew isn't too good yet either. Once you learn the alphabet and some basic hebrew grammar, check this out: http://www.kabbalahgroup.info/eng/ulpan.php
i found this pretty useful in learning Hebrew

what exactly is "the mountaintop," it's equivalence of form with the Creator, and a direct perception of him, I don't really see any other paths offering that as an option
then you really haven't looked hard enough. i have to say that this comes across as somewhat arrogant.

Baal Hasulam left behind writings, describing the Upper Worlds in a very precise language, and a method that anyone who has the desire to, can use to enter the Upper Worlds, have a direct perception of the Creator, and then check his writings and see that they are solid facts, not an imaginary place.
you're describing things that have to be matters of belief until they're experienced. once experienced, they cannot be described to others because of the privacy experience. i hate to employ the giant pink bunny argument, but what would prevent me from saying the same thing? are you saying you've personally "checked" the ba'al sulam's writings and can "verify that they are solid facts"? and how do we check that you've checked them? how do we even know that you speak authoritatively in this matter? and, for that matter:

what makes you the arbiter of authenticity in kabbalah? for that matter, what makes rav laitman the arbiter of authenticity in kabbalah? you ought to know that there are many different kabbalistic schools. rav ashlag's is a comparatively recent approach - not that i am criticising him, but there are plenty of other kabbalists (sephardi ones, for example) who have different opinions about teaching kabbalah and what kabbalah ought to be taught. the ba'al sulam is not the only game in town and, for that matter, he is taught various different ways by various different people - some reputable, like rav laitman and others not so much, like the bergs. you keep banging on about your path as if it's the only valid one and, in this, you begin to sound rather like the other self-proclaimed prophets we get here from time to time. i for one would be particularly wary about making categorical statements about kabbalah if i was less than expert - the fact that you say your hebrew is "not too good yet" ought to make you slightly less opinionated. all you've really done so far on the board, basically, is quote rav laitman and rav ashlag, without really adding any insight of your own. i've read stuff by both of them as well too and i don't claim to have all the answers about kabbalah. what i do know is that it's a lot more complicated than you're making out: it's not a matter of saying "kabbalists do this, kabbalists don't do that", "kabbalists are like this, not like that". some of the greatest kabbalists have made awful mistakes. ever heard of abraham abulafia? even the ariza"l didn't have it all his own way - the rema"k remained pretty influential!

b'shalom

bananabrain

I have tried my best to ignore it since I joined Kabbalah in Late 2003... I have thought long and hard about this as I didn't want to badmouth others, but at the same time I didn't want people to be exposed to danger. I feel that it is my duty to tell you this out of my compassion. Talking to the group instructors was fruitless as the only purpose they seemed to serve was to repeat the party line. I used to be one of their sheeps who was on the forums doing their dissimination... Please forgive me. Read what I've learned about "Bnei Baruch" Kabbalah... This is sad...
-----------------------------
I have had many questions regarding Kabbalah that are now falling in their places. I will try to include as many direct quotes as possible for authenticity sake.

First of all, how does Kabbalah position itself?
"All other religions speak of internal psychological processes, or processes that relate to one’s animate body and the power that revive it. Animals, too, have bodies that operate according to certain laws, and their bodies are not that different from our own. Animals can also, to a certain extent, predict the future, and even more so than people. They can also feel the other. If there is anything that relates to attaining spirituality in other religions, it is only what has transferred to them from the Torah. "
Notice how the talk on other religions quickly turns to the discussion about Animals. Not only Kabbalah is the only spirituality, but other religions took info from the Torah and you are an animal (read what you are allowed to do with animals below)! How self inflating this must be.
http://www.kabbalahmedia.info/mekoro...f-kabbalah.pdf
"There is no other way to attain the upper world, but the Kabbalah. It is the only way - “The Path of Kabbalah.” You speak of another way - "The Path of Pain" – but it is not a path, but rather a state where a person temporarily weakens and abandons the vigorous progress of the Kabbalah. He waits on the side of the road, so to speak, before agony makes him move again, return to the path of Kabbalah and persist with it. The Path of Pain is not another way to advance; it is not even a way, but merely a temporary state until such time, when one ‘gets wiser'. It is only called “a path” for purposes of comparison. http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book.../book16_02.htm
"Except Kabbalah, all other methods were developed by man. Humanity has been searching for thousands of years for the way to attain spirituality. Those searches promoted the appearance of philosophy and other methods for spiritual elevation and enlightenment.
But in the end, humanity has found nothing. "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book.../book16_02.htm
This sort of line gets repeated over and over again, english, russian, hebrew and so on. In text, in audio and video lessons...

"We have no other method but the science of Kabbalah, which states: "If you change yourself in a certain way, you will see reality accordingly. If you change in a different way, you will be able to influence reality differently." Kabbalah opens new horizons before humanity while showing how we affect reality by our
thoughts and desires, how we connect with it, and change it. We cannot do the same in the conventional sciences because our will to receive is not under our control, influence."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/translated_lessons_(texts)/lectures_at_the_educational_center_nekuda_shebalev /07182004_the_science_of_kabbalah_introductory_less on.htm
Ahem... What about Buddhist, Yogic meditative practices, sufi, gnostic and other christian or muslim practices? They can change the person's inner nature....

"I don’t know any teachings but that of the Kabbalah. The difference between all the teachings and the Kabbalah, as I understand it from the perspective of the Kabbalah, is that they are built on nullification of the desires, or at least complete suppression of them, whereas Kabbalah states that the Creator can be sensed precisely by expressing the desire and certainly not by nullifying them, but only if we invert the aim of their use. Perhaps they are very similar on the outside. Besides, another system for entering the spiritual world simply doesn’t exist. The sensations of all other methods are built on the suppression of man’s desire to enjoy. A person who suppresses his ego feels in that passive state something seemingly spiritual from the outside."
http://kabbalah.info/engkab/book_16/chapter_7.htm
In the first sentence he says he doesn't know. In next paragraphs he is talking how bad they are and how worthless they are compared with Kabbalah. Is this a nice way to talk about other religions? Today we have people who are trying to unite different religions, to find
the similiarities.... Not here...

"That is why only an ancient Jewish science, the wisdom of Kabbalah, that is not based on the suppression of desires, coercion and abstaining from society, has been and remains the one true means to attain peace, spiritual tranquility, genuine happiness and wholeness while living in this world. " http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book_18/chap_2.htm

No wonder why Michael Laitman is so aggresive when it comes to Eastern Traditions. He is using what Christians might call "Satan's temptations" (more on that later).

"No one knows for certain how many JuBus (Jewish Buddhists) there are; the last surveys were conducted in the 1970s. A large majority of the 3 million Buddhists in the United States are Asian, but by some estimates, at least 30% of all newcomers to Buddhism are Jewish.
(By comparison, U.S. Jews number 6 million.) "
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines
Many books have been published in the US about the Judeo-Buddhist phenomenon. Titles include:
"The Jew in the Lotus" by Rodger Kamenetz,
"One God Clapping" by Alan Lew and Sherril Jaffe,
"That's Funny, You Don't Look Buddhist!" by Sylvia Boorstein,
"Zen Judaism: For You a Little Enlightenment" by David M. Bader,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubus

So what should a Kabbalist do?
"He must expand his will to absorb all worlds (including klipot), including this one. This is the purpose for which he was created. It is not necessary to become a monk or ascetic, or steer away from life. On the contrary, Kabbalah obliges man to marry, bear children and work and live a full life. Nothing has to be given up; everything was created for a reason, and man need not withdraw from life."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book...k1eng_ch07.htm
"I want to steal, I lie, I am treacherous, I am a murderer and rapist, you name it. These are my natural
properties, and I must not regard them as bad. "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/translated_lessons_(texts)/kabbalah_as_a_science_series/06162004_the_introduction_to_the_book_from_the_mou th_of_a_wise_man.htm

What is most important? Pleasure!
"Embracing Kabbalah does not work by merely avoiding nice things so that one’s desire will nt be kindled.
Correction does not come from self-punishment, "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book...k1eng_ch06.htm

"Giving charity, lighting candles, or performing some allegedly altruistic act does not affect the spiritual. Even our most exalted thoughts and noble deeds have no influence on the spiritual. " http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/translated_lessons_(texts)/kabbalah_as_a_science_series/06222004_comparative_analysis_of_kabbalah_and_phil osophy.htm

"The more he studies the works important for his spiritual development, the more complicated his study material seems to him. The harder he tries to treat his superiors and fellow students better, if he is indeed advancing spiritually, the clearer he feels that all his actions are prompted by thorough egocentrism. Such results are produced by the principle "beat him till he is willing":
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/answers.htm

Notice that the egocentrism is refered to as relating to the studies, not to the outside world. In other words, if you don't work for the group, then you are an egoist, and if everything else fails then beating you until you say "I DO." What a democracy! Such a roman concept of spirituality!!!

"The whole of nature, including all the upper and lower worlds were created for man, and rise along with him. That is why he must use everything for himself: to extinguish pests, to grow and slaughter domestic animals, to sow and to reap, to cultivate the good and
extinguish the bad. Thus, nature is included within man. Then, if man rises, he raises nature along with him.
The purpose of creation is that man will enjoy his surroundings in the most correct way. He cannot act as he pleases – isolation, denial of pleasure, fasting and restrictions are against the mind of the Torah. If you continue to study correctly, you will understand
what you must do, although there is not a single word about vegetarianism. Such is the virtue of the Kabbalah: the very study builds in the student the right outlook on life." http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book_16/chapter_12.htm
Another interesting tidbit about morality.
"Kabbalistic method says that man must use everything he has in this world with the intention to give to the Creator."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/o_line_faq.htm

"There is a pyramid-like division in this world: still, vegetative, animate, and speaking. The same division also exists in our souls. The Jews are considered to be the chosen people because they were given the opportunity to reach spirituality before other nations. It is not that Jews are any better than others; it is simply that they are the first of mankind to be obligated to correct themselves and attain the spiritual world.
There is a certain type of soul called “Jewish,” from the Hebrew word Yehudi—meaning “unique,” or "unified” (with the Creator). The Kabbalah maintains that this is the most egoistic type of soul. It is no coincidence that the Jewish people are described as “stiff-necked” and insubordinate." "
http://www.kabbalahmedia.info/mekoro...f-kabbalah.pdf

Also remember that in Kabbalah they do not worship a Christian or a Jewish or a Muslim God.
They do not worship Yahweh. In Kabbalah there is only "The Light and the Vessel (Kli)". Lucifer by the way is often refered to as "Bringer of Light". Some more food for thought. These points are greatly summarized in Satanism but only in the Kabbalah they are explained
in great detail.

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that
walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/NineStatements.html
The Nine Satanic Statements from The Satanic Bible,
©1969 by Anton Szandor LaVey

The question is not what we believe, but what THEY believe. What THEY want to do.

Part2
Lets see how all of that is achieved.
1)Michael Laitman the leader of this Organization that claims to have hundres of thousands of students and is a very charismatic leader. His profesion is in bio-cybernetics: "My specialization is biological cybernetics. I wanted to uncover the system of the regulation of organisms."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book...1eng_les03.htm
Please put accent on system of REGULATION OF ORGANISMS

"I might take myself and put myself in the right environment and then through brainwashing myself, as
they say, I will convince myself of that and it is not just persuasion, it is an intellect. "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/translated_lessons_
(texts)/baal_hasulam_articles/freedom_of_will/08182005_freedom_of_will.htm

"This is because together with them I am a part of the common Kli. Their opinions, desires, and thoughts
influence me whether I want it or not. We all belong to the same system. I will feel what they want me to
feel. This "brainwashing" constantly happens in our group. "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/tran...om_of_will.htm

2)The method of Kabbalah is group work. As any decent psychologist knows, group think (herd mentality, group psychosis) can override any induvidial. We have all seen what group psychosis can do, it can send people on suicide missions, it can help sell your product, it can control you in any way.

3) "There are several reasons for keeping the Kabbalah secret: "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/discover.htm Kabbalah a Secret Science, Hidden Wisdom, etc... A cult usually teaches "secret material that only we know".

4)Kabbalah uses classic brain washing techniques and Michael Laitman does not deny brain washing used.
Some techniques: Study in groups, morning and late at night, incomprehensible Jargon of the TE"S and Kabbalah so that only group members can understand what is going on,, love bombing (any new member is greeted with hugs and ONLY positive comments), and work in the group, to name a few. Those who are in physical groups often do chores especially before holidays such as: preparing food, putting chairs, building stuff, washing floors, watching computers often for no or very little pay.

Sleep deprivation, Kabbalists like to study at night and work at day...
"Ratz sees nothing romantic in the life of a Kabbala student. He sets his clock every morning for 2:35 a.m. and catches a ride to class with a fellow student."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/pressa/j_p_15_6_01.htm

Rav has full control over his close subjects. Nobody dares to question Rav, he and is the authority regardless of what he says. The most important 3 tools are: Rav,Books(which he writes), the group (which reads his books, his lectures, and emulates his teachings).
In the Ptiha (Science of Kabbalah) book (http://www.kabbalahmedia.info/mekoro...f-kabbalah.pdf)
he says that desire for spirituality should be so big that no other interests exist. In that book and other articles he says that all your free time should be spend studying the Kabbalah. This is another classical technique. The less free time a person has for himself the better.

5)Spreading is the most important. Any virus does that, and any cult is very serious in this matter.

6)Any question regarding anything outside of Kabbalah is forbidden, read English and Russian forum rules.
It is kinda strange when you hear this:
"We learn about Kabbalah by listening, reading, studying in groups and most importantly, asking
questions and receiving answers."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/book...k1eng_ch12.htm
"Since Kabbalah is a true science, it seeks a real attainment of the universe, when no difficult question can refute a hard fact."
http://kabbalah.info/engkab/translated_lessons_(texts)_old/kabbalah_as_a_science_series/06222004_comparative_analysis_of_kabbalah_and_phil osophy.htm
and read what the rules of the forum state. Even privately I was mistreated. In any cult outside information is always forbidden. In most (if not ALL) religious,philosophical,scientific forums you will not
be banned if you say "Could you please describe in detail advantages of your method vs X" . Try this sort of discussion in Kabbalistic forums! If Kabbalah is not a dogma, but a science, it should have absolutely no problem allowing other material. Why? Because then you would really see superiority of Kabbalah.

Micheal Laitman often has a "split personality" .

First he says that Kabbalah has nothing to do with religion...When speaking to scientists he:
"At the lecture in the Moscow State University I was asked, “So, you don’t believe in God?” I said, “No, I
am a rebellious atheist”. "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/scie...university.htm

But few days later in another lecture he may say that he fulfills commandments (Mitzvot) and read articles such as Matan Torah (Revelation of Godliness) http://www.kabbalah.info//engkab/mat...revelation.htm
Please don't be confused by "love thy neighbor as yourself". This doesn't apply to ALL of humanity right now, just the group. A kabbalist is supposed to act one way when he is talking to the Creator, another way with the group, and another way with the outside world.

"Rabbi Baruch also writes that we have to hide our relationship with the Creator – our innermost part from a bit more outer part, which is what our relationship with the group is. We also have to hide our innermost part from a more outer part – our relationship with the family, and from the even more outer part – our relationship with the surrounding society. One must establish this inside himself clearly and act correctly. "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/sham...ati1_study.htm
A classic case of "split personality".

7)No access to outside information
"That is why in practice with us and in our groups where we teach, it is customary that a person who comes to the group and wishes to advance correctly follows our advice: read only whatever we allow about spiritual methodologies. In other words, we completely forbid any other spiritual methodologies, philosophies, psychologies, even a person's studies of various medical fields that use, supposedly, various internal forces in a person; meaning everything that can be interpreted as something spiritual in a person, we categorically forbid those things. And out of all the books that talk about the
spiritual world we allow only those that describe the spiritual world in a Kabbalistic language. And these are only books by Ari and Baal HaSulam. Beginners are not allowed to use any other books."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/translated_lessons_
(texts)/baal_hasulam_articles/freedom_of_will/04102003_freedom_of_will.htm
This is another classic cult technique.

8) Freedom of will can only be found in the group... Guess which one? After I have left, suddenly almost all of my former group members stopped talking to me. They started to ignore me completely. I was refered to mentally ill in one lecture by the lecturer. A classic case of "character assasination". There was a women who also left the group and she was insulted too.
"If a person does not have an intention, then there is no person. He is as a screw that is being turned, and lives like a beast. We call a person a “beast” because he is not implementing his free will, free choice. Such a person is at the level of a beast. "
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/inte...eart/talk4.htm
Intention can only be formed in the group, btw...

Single charismatic leader. - Michael Laitman. People always seeming constantly happy and enthusiastic. Especially if you discover that they have been told to act that way for the potential new recruits. Instant friends. - The group members If you are told who you can or cannot talk to or associate with. They hide what they teach. - Laitman has said not to reveal too much to beginners. Say they are the only true group, or the best so why go anywhere else. - Yep, Path of Kabbalah or path of pain. Hyped meetings, get you to meetings rather than share with you. - Presence is most important rather than learning the content. (intro to TE"S point #155). Experiential rather than logical.
Asking for money for the next level. - Before mahsom
people are encouraged to pay 10%, after mahsom 90%.
This was in one of Rav's lectures (in 2003 or 2004)
And remember End of the world scare (WW3&WW4) and waiting for the Mashiah. How many cults before used
doomsday things.
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/thelastgeneration.htm
"Only an equally deep and widespread revelation of the secrets of the Torah can offset apocalyptic destruction and bring repair."
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/pres...z_20041222.htm

Back