How to see God everywhere and in everything

Nitai

Reaction score
Hare Krishna

Someone could immediately ask is it really possible, to see God everywhere and in everything, in every step of our lives? The Vedic wisdom says, "YES". As much more ones love of God increase so much more one can see God everywhere. Moreover, the time of thinking about God is also increasing and when love of God is fully blossomed one thinks about God even during the dreams. IOW 24 hours. However, even we before we attain that highest level of love of God we can always try to see God wherever we find ourselves.

So, no matter to what religion you belong I am inviting everybody to contribute some nice thoughts that will be beneficial for the spiritual life of everyone.

Well, I feel closer to God then I did last year the same time. I know that this will only increase, I think communication with God can be a two way thing, not only a "feeling" but a clear image or communication by God.

I think there is no need for asking God to communicate back to us to prove himself in a clear way because he gave us an emotion called "trust" and this is how he wants us to make our way to him also he gave us life, knowledge, reasoning and a conscious to make choices. These are clear enough signs of his existence to me.

Someone could immediately ask is it really possible, to see God everywhere and in everything, in every step of our lives?
The question is based on blind belief that God is everywheere.If god is everywhere then that implies god should be in atoms(or you can say quarks).Since all things are made of atom(or quarks),then that implies everything is god,if god is everything and everywhere then that implies God is nowhere and nothing.It's hard to understand but it's a fact.

I was in this false belief that god is everywhere(no one had told me god is everywhere or not),when i used my brain i realized that's insanity to believe in this concept.

How could we achieve love of God if we don't know where is God?.

God is everything is like saying It maybe we all are idiots,since we all are idiots there is no way to know we are not idiots.Therefore we are idiots.You can replace idiots with dreaming and get the same result.

If something doesnot make sense,then it doesnot exist.I don't mean to offense anyone.These are just my thoughts which I believe are not subjetive.

P.Ali :)

I'm a panentheist, so I do believe God is everywhere and in everything, though also beyond all time, space, and physicality. This is based on my own experience, and faith in such. It is a completely rational thought to me, as that is what best explains my own experiences in life.

I know quite a few atheists, and respect that their beliefs are what resonates with their current experience, and their faith that their logic is accurate as it pertains to their perception of their own experience. However, they cannot know what my own experience is, and so they cannot tell me what is most rational to believe.

I would put forth that it is most logical to assume that all thought is necessarily subjective. Be it atheism or theism, we are bound by our subjective experience of reality, filtered through the lenses of our cognitive limitations, cultural biases, and unique personalities. We perceive reality only through a limited means, and make our judgments of it based on that. There can be no truly objective enterprise as a human being, though we can certainly attempt to get closer to it by examining our own biases and logical reasonings more attentively. But ultimately, reality in its entirety remains beyond our grasp.

Hence, I do not think it is more rational or objective to believe in any God or none. We can only formulate our beliefs on our own experience, necessarily biased and subjective, and of course unique.

Hare Krishna

Here are some remarks (R) and answers (A) on them for clarification.

1# Someone could immediately ask is it really possible, to see God everywhere and in everything, in every step of our lives?
R - The question is based on blind belief that God is everywhere.
A - And accepting the opposite then this blind belief is just minimizing God's greatness namely that for Him everything is possible.

R - If god is everywhere then that implies god should be in atoms(or you can say quarks). Since all things are made of atom (or quarks), then that implies everything is god, if god is everything...
A - God has a spiritual energy that is within the atoms and is therefor, definitely different from the material atoms. So, your understanding is completely wrong. it's a big speculation that I never mentioned.

R - [if God is] everywhere then that implies God is nowhere and nothing. It's hard to understand but it's a fact.
A - Yes, for you it is very difficult to understand, how God can be everywhere and still not lose His own identity and personality. This is because you never understood the greatness and unlimited capabilities of God. You are trying to understand God through your mundane experience and limited framework of materialistic knowledge. You should try to understand once for ever, that He is not like any of the mortal beings from this material world.

* God is so great that for Him it is not a problem to be everywhere and simultaneously in one place. Just like e.g. the soul is considered to be in the heart and simultaneously it pervades the whole body with consciousness. Or like the electrical powerhouse is in one place but its energy is spreading all over the country. This is even more so with God - He is in one place but simultaneously He can be everywhere and in everything with His spiritual energy. That's why so many people can have spiritual experiences all over His creation.
* This ability of God can be understood only from the scriptures and not by mental speculation. Our tiny mind is too small to understand the greatness of God. Ultimately one should realise the knowledge of the scriptures by attaining devotion to God through practice of e.g. chanting of His holy name. There is no other way to realise His greatness accept devotion to Him.

R - I was in this false belief that god is everywhere(no one had told me god is everywhere or not),when i used my brain i realized that's insanity to believe in this concept.

A - The doctrine that the mind is the source of all knowledge is called rationalism. However, beyond mundane rationalism is the knowledge about transcendental Personality of Godhead what have nothing to do with limited mundane rationalism. Thus once more the conclusion is, that with the imperfect limited mind capability it will be never possible for you to understand the unlimited God even after speculating for millions of lifetime.

PluckyAli said:
The question is based on blind belief that God is everywheere.If god is everywhere then that implies god should be in atoms(or you can say quarks).Since all things are made of atom(or quarks),then that implies everything is god,if god is everything and everywhere then that implies God is nowhere and nothing.It's hard to understand but it's a fact.

Do you understand that physics has now reduced quarks and other sub-atomic particles to waves - that is energy waves? And also that string theory questions even this?

It's also hard to see the logic of your argument that ' if god is everything and everyhwere that implies god is nowhere and nothing.' Even from a purely linguistic point of view, this doesn't make sense.

And why should it be based on 'blind belief'? Why not informed belief - informed perhaps even by the experience of seeing god in all things.

I'm of the belief that God is bigger than the universe, having created the same, and that he transcends both time and space. Yet the universe is contained within Him and therefore He is in everything, not in an pantheistic manner, where matter is God, but as path of one said, a panentheistic manner, omnipresent, but also immanent and accessable. Perhaps He resides on in between the spaces of atoms and quarks, or in a spiritual dimension, or both.

hi thanx for the nice subject

sure ,I agree with u in this idea
in my religion [islam] we have to be carefull with every step
befor we did it.
we see eye of god fallow us in any where even in thinking cause god made us and known what going through us ,even our heartbeat

I think if all religion think this way
all mistakes and sin will disapear
peace:)

Nitai said:
Hare Krishna

Someone could immediately ask is it really possible, to see God everywhere and in everything, in every step of our lives? The Vedic wisdom says, "YES". As much more ones love of God increase so much more one can see God everywhere. Moreover, the time of thinking about God is also increasing and when love of God is fully blossomed one thinks about God even during the dreams. IOW 24 hours. However, even we before we attain that highest level of love of God we can always try to see God wherever we find ourselves.

So, no matter to what religion you belong I am inviting everybody to contribute some nice thoughts that will be beneficial for the spiritual life of everyone.

Yeah you can see him everywhere.... I turn my eyes to the East and see the bloodshed and war... I look on my own doorstep I can see drug abuse and again more violence... Am I seeing God?

17th Angel said:
Yeah you can see him everywhere.... I turn my eyes to the East and see the bloodshed and war... I look on my own doorstep I can see drug abuse and again more violence... Am I seeing God?

No, you are seeing Man.

Angel{">i<"}tears said:
hi thanx for the nice subject

sure ,I agree with u in this idea
in my religion [islam] we have to be carefull with every step
befor we did it.
we see eye of god fallow us in any where even in thinking cause god made us and known what going through us ,even our heartbeat

I think if all religion think this way
all mistakes and sin will disapear
peace:)

Amen!

hello lucios,
Do you understand that physics has now reduced quarks and other sub-atomic particles to waves - that is energy waves? And also that string theory questions even this?
Exuse me,quarks and other sub atomic particles are not waves at all.They are made up of strings ,which could vibrate in 11 dimensions.A string itself is made of energy that's what i understood from string theory.They are not waves because wave is a property of matter,particles in motion behave as waves but they are not actually waves.
It's also hard to see the logic of your argument that ' if god is everything and everyhwere that implies god is nowhere and nothing.' Even from a purely linguistic point of view, this doesn't make sense.
I had to think for 15 minutes before i figured out why i had written this a long time ago.It's something relating to philosphy and science.If something is everywhere and everything,then there is not a way to detect it since it's everywhere and everything.you could better understand it ,let's assume we all r idiots,since we all r idiots and there is no one who is going to tell you ur an idiot,there is not a way for u to know ur an idiot.To detect idiot,someone with intelligence is needed.If you still don't understand it then don't worry,it's philosphy.
And why should it be based on 'blind belief'? Why not informed belief - informed perhaps even by the experience of seeing god in all things.
Sure,but noone can see or detect God physically in all things.Could you?

17th Angel said:
But, it says I can see god everywhere.... Must be hiding when I look.

Did you look under the covers?

Where does "it" say you can see God everywhere? And what is "it"?

Quit looking with your eyes.

Dondi said:
Did you look under the covers?

Where does "it" say you can see God everywhere? And what is "it"?

Quit looking with your eyes.

The topic? "how to see god everywhere and in everything" So this god is in war and in crime and in poverty and in pain and in suffering and in darkness? Quit looking with my eyes? I only trust my eyes... Nothing else.

17th Angel said:
So if you don't think, and you don't ask questions.... You're somehow better off? Ignorance is bliss indeed.

Well, ignorance is bliss, but then so is knowledge.

How to explain my last post? Of course you think, and that will lead on to questions, but love is seperate from this.
We find ourselves in a situation, lets say for example, we are a person who we do not like. Our beliefs or our principals tell us that we should love that person, so we do, or at least we tell ourselves that we do. We may have shown love for our views or for ourselves, but we have not shown any for that person.

I hope this makes sense, but fear that it will not.

cavalier said:
Well, ignorance is bliss, but then so is knowledge.

How to explain my last post? Of course you think, and that will lead on to questions, but love is seperate from this.
We find ourselves in a situation, lets say for example, we are a person who we do not like. Our beliefs or our principals tell us that we should love that person, so we do, or at least we tell ourselves that we do. We may have shown love for our views or for ourselves, but we have not shown any for that person.

I hope this makes sense, but fear that it will not.

Cavalier,

Thanks for the post, however it does indeed make sense but I don't see how god is responsible? From what you have learnt and been told you choose this way. I feel, it isn't like say a magical force that comes down and makes you decide this, your religious traits, values, norms faith whatever is telling you to do this. Not an almighty being from the sky. Sorry as well, I always feel as if my posts make 50% sense at the most.

If I see a person act out of love or kindness it is either that person has simply choosen to do that, or they are having a good day, or they want something in return..... But I don't see it as an act of god.

I trust my eyes becuase what I see is what is happening.... If I listen to my head or my heart then there could be trouble. My head is unbalanced haha... And my heart has nothing to say. basically like cooking, when you constantly keep picking up hot plates and such your feelings in your hands become numb and deadend to that feeling. I am numb and deadend from my conscience.. So what is left? My eyes.

--edit--

One more thing.. For example the bible, the people told of in this book apparently saw the miracles of their god all the time some heard his voice.... So why can I not see this? Sure if jehovah magically appeared and a voice boomed down "I am god!!!" I would take a note of it lol... But I see no true evidence to believe in such a being...

Back