For Mee:

Proph 1

Reaction score
Who is these scriptures talking about:

Who hath wrought and done [it], calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I [am] he. -- Isa. 41:4

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God. -- Isa. 44:6

Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I [am] he; I [am] the first, I also [am] the last. -- Isa. 48:12

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. -- Rev. 1:8

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. -- Rev. 21:6

Please just tell me who those scriptures are refering to?

here i am again:)

when i saw mee i thought me.

are you trying to preach to Mee? or are you trying to preach to me?
or does Mee mean just for you?

are you the beginning of this thread? are you the end of this thread?
or did you start the thread, thus making post #1 the beginning & not you?

does God have a beginning? does God have an end? can God be put into a time capsule with a beginning & an end?

or does God create the beginning & the end, thus making the beginning & the end something(s) or someone in between & God being everything from A-Z & all that is before A & all that is after Z.?

thus making A the beginning & Z the end, but God is neither A nor is He Z.? but at the same time He is also A & Z, with no beginning & with no end. yet here, it (HE) requires a beginning and an end.:eek:

Is God the first in time? that would give God a beginning. Is God the end of time? that would give God an ending., yet God has no beginning nor ending & he cant be the last in time either, because God is outside of time & all that he is. Yet He is first & He is the last.

so is God the actual beginning? or does God create a beginning? if He is the beginning, then i say the beginning of what? the beginning of who? the beginning of Himself? i dont think so:)

can you see past the beginning? can you see past the end? in order to be first does that not require a beginning OR is FIRST something before the beginning? If God is first before all others, then He has a (is a) beginning & yet God has no beginning.

i know. i am sure you have something perfectly figured out Proph1.

pardon my interruption between you & mee.
carry on on my brother:)

Bandit said:
here i am again when i saw mee i thought me.
You thought wrong bro. I ment this post for the Member Mee. You're more than welcome to reply though, "after" Mee, of course.

Bandit said:
here i am again:)

when i saw mee i thought me.

are you trying to preach to Mee? or are you trying to preach to me?
or does Mee mean just for you?

are you the beginning of this thread? are you the end of this thread?
or did you start the thread, thus making post #1 the beginning & not you?

does God have a beginning? does God have an end? can God be put into a time capsule with a beginning & an end?

or does God create the beginning & the end, thus making the beginning & the end something(s) or someone in between & God being everything from A-Z & all that is before A & all that is after Z.?

thus making A the beginning & Z the end, but God is neither A nor is He Z.? but at the same time He is also A & Z, with no beginning & with no end. yet here, it (HE) requires a beginning and an end.:eek:

Is God the first in time? that would give God a beginning. Is God the end of time? that would give God an ending., yet God has no beginning nor ending & he cant be the last in time either, because God is outside of time & all that he is. Yet He is first & He is the last.

so is God the actual beginning? or does God create a beginning? if He is the beginning, then i say the beginning of what? the beginning of who? the beginning of Himself? i dont think so:)

can you see past the beginning? can you see past the end? in order to be first does that not require a beginning OR is FIRST something before the beginning? If God is first before all others, then He has a (is a) beginning & yet God has no beginning.

i know. i am sure you have something perfectly figured out Proph1.

pardon my interruption between you & mee.
carry on on my brother:)
LOL:D i am quite sure that proph1 has something perfectly figured out

Proph 1 said:
Who is these scriptures talking about:

Who hath wrought and done [it], calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I [am] he. -- Isa. 41:4

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God. -- Isa. 44:6

Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I [am] he; I [am] the first, I also [am] the last. -- Isa. 48:12

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. -- Rev. 1:8

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. -- Rev. 21:6

Please just tell me who those scriptures are refering to?
oh ,come on you tell mewhat they are refering to?:)

Proph 1 said:
You thought wrong bro. I ment this post for the Member Mee. You're more than welcome to reply though, "after" Mee, of course.
easy answer....Jesus & God.

why dont you answer my questions about those scriptures? huh???

in another place it says he would be without beginning of days nor end of life, but here it says he is the beginning?

why cant you answer the questions i have? instead you just want the JW?

could it be because you are in the dark with what I believe? & i am not going to tell you what i believe, most likely EVER. so answer my questions.:D

how can he be the beginning & yet here have no beginning.

huh? huh? huh?:rolleyes:

Proph 1 said:
Mee, as a JW, who are those scriptures talking about?

Through Isaiah, Jehovah foretells a conqueror who will both save God’s people from Babylon and bring judgment upon their enemies. Jehovah asks: "Who has roused up someone from the sunrise? Who proceeded in righteousness to call him to His feet, to give before him the nations, and to make him go subduing even kings? Who kept giving them like dust to his sword, so that they have been driven about like mere stubble with his bow? Who kept pursuing them, kept peacefully passing along on his feet over the path by which he did not proceed to come? Who has been active and has done this, calling out the generations from the start? I, Jehovah, the First One; and with the last ones I am the same."—Isaiah 41:2-4. well i would think that the present day fullfillment of this prophecy would be the warrior king Jesus christbut of coarse the first fullfillment of this prophecy was cyrus the persian

Mee,

I dont know if you misunderstand me but I was just asking you who is the "First and the Last" in those scriptures?

Bandit, ya got me! LOL, your post was great! I'd have never thought of that! :D

And Mee, thanks for the reminder about Cyrus the Persian. I am sure there are those of the Jewish persuasion who could elaborate on the passage...

Bandit said:
easy answer....Jesus & God.

why dont you answer my questions about those scriptures? huh???

in another place it says he would be without beginning of days nor end of life, but here it says he is the beginning?

why cant you answer the questions i have? instead you just want the JW?

could it be because you are in the dark with what I believe? & i am not going to tell you what i believe, most likely EVER. so answer my questions.:D

how can he be the beginning & yet here have no beginning.

huh? huh? huh?:rolleyes:
Because He is like a Mobeus strip? (just a thought) :eek:

Ok, I'm going back to my cubicle...

v/r

Q

Proph 1 said:
Mee,

I dont know if you misunderstand me but I was just asking you who is the "First and the Last" in those scriptures?
did you not read the post

Are you saying all the scriptures I gave, including the NT ones, are refering to Jehovah God?

Proph 1 said:
Are you saying all the scriptures I gave, including the NT ones, are refering to Jehovah God?
the answer will become clear if you do some research
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ...john 17;3

Can we please just answer the question without the philosophical replies? Please tell me plainly if the scriptures I posted, including the NT qoutes, are talking about Jehovah God?

Remember, please be plain - Im not the smartest dude in the world!

mee said:
the answer will become clear if you do some research
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ...john 17;3

And then in the New Tesetement Jesus Himself declared with His own lips, "I Am Who Am", and "I am the Alpha and the Omega".

Jesus declared these things before many. So now we know beyond shadow of a doubt who was talking in the Old Testement. It was Jesus.

Thanks Mee, you are right, with a little research we do find the answers that seem to baffle at first, but then it becomes crystal clear. ;)

v/r

Q

If all the below scriptures are talking about Jehovah God, how will a JW explain the last scripture mentioned? It says that first and the last was dead.

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; -- Rev. 2:8

easy ,there is no contraditionwhen the correct meanings are applied:)

"And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again." (Revelation 2:8) By stating this to those Christians in Smyrna, Jesus reminds them that he was the first integrity keeper that Jehovah directly resurrected to immortal spirit life and the last to be so raised. Jesus himself would resurrect all other anointed Christians

Oh I totally agree, there is NO contradictions. The scripture is clearly stating that Jesus is the first and the last. The SAME first and the last in Isa. 41:4. It is saying that Jesus is the Alpha and Omega. The SAME Alpha and the Omega in Rev. 1:8. It is not saying that he was the first of God's creation. Where did you get that it was that? It says the first and the last is the Redeemer God. And, it says the first and the last was dead and now lives forevermore. Two facts about Jesus is:

He claimed to be God, and he died once for sinners, and now lives forever.

Back