Come on please...

flowperson said:
I used to watch pro-wrestling on B&W TV in the old days with my grandma when she was sitting me on weekends.

I'd rather watch reruns of Benny Hill, may his eternally hilarious soul rest in eternal peace, than watch Benny Hinn live, if there are such broadcasts. The only thing well- healed on the Hinn shows is his bank account probably.

flow....:cool:

Well, there is always Robert Schueler and his crystal cathedral...:eek:

People who go probably think they really will be healed. Sometimes this is enough. Read my thread 'The power of Belief' and donate some money to me (by listing some of your details) if you don't believe me:D .(Only joking!)

hmmm....methinks the vast majority of TV "healings" are marketing ploys for money. Benny Hinn, in my opinion, has hurt the Christian cause as badly as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. Another TV "evangelist" who I find extremely distasteful is Kenneth Copeland. His whole schtick is organized around his claims that he has a direct line to the almighty who constantly tells him how to get people to write bigger checks. *sigh*

Granny "G" said:
hmmm....methinks the vast majority of TV "healings" are marketing ploys for money. Benny Hinn, in my opinion, has hurt the Christian cause as badly as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. Another TV "evangelist" who I find extremely distasteful is Kenneth Copeland. His whole schtick is organized around his claims that he has a direct line to the almighty who constantly tells him how to get people to write bigger checks. *sigh*

Yes...the "almighty greenback" :p :rolleyes: ;)

v/r

Q

17th Angel said:
Ok Just thought of something that has allways bothered me, yet I haven't spoken of it since I joined these forums.... The healing thing you see on TV.... They all sing and dance, put a Hell of alot of cash in the boxes... Someone comes up on stage, the preacher smacks him in the face an BAM he is healed... How much reality is there behind this.... Also what type of Christian chruch follows this way.... ?

17th Angel sounds cool in the Matrix:

"Everytime you hear someone say they saw a ghost or an angel, every story you've heard about vampires & wearwolfs it's the system assimilating something it's not supposed to be doing"

I believe that yes we are part of a system & like a computer system files tend to become corrupt, but being part of a system one can refer to this system as a system within a system thus a Matrix type structure. Now if one looks at as an example old cobol programmes running the banking systems even today well so many different threads of code have been written within these programmes that if one brakes down you simply cannot go in & delete it this would bring the whole programme come crashing down, thus you write a patch a quick fix programme a programme that sort of comes & shows the other programmes the way, they then follow & the original programme then operates @ a level that should be fine.

God well perhaps he is like this coder who coded Life as we know it & sent Jesus as a patch but alas the system as it is know gets even more corrupted thus I fear perhaps he would soon use the reboot universe command. See Jesus preached about what you show you shall reap & if one looks @ Buhddism (spelling) well Karma forms that basis if you are like me well I see the bigger pick & well I know that for every + there is a - this is there to create this balance that we call reality. Anyhow people like me end up being alone cause there are not a lot of people who simply cannot grasp this, this logical being that we call God & yes we end up being alone my mission is to look for her I know somwhere out there is my chicky babe who will fit into my sphere who knows...

Back