Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebel86

Reaction score
islam

Founded by Muhammad, who lived from about 570 to 632 AD. Its holy scripture is the Koran (Al Qu'ran), claimed to be the direct word of Word as given to Muhammad by the Archangel Gabriel, later written down and compiled by his followers twenty years after his death. Tradition has it that Muhammad himself was unable to read or write.

The Koran (Al Qur'an)

Islam was founded by Muhammad, who lived from about 570 to 632 AD. Its holy scripture is the Koran (Al Qu'ran), claimed to be the direct word of Word as given to Muhammad by the Archangel Gabriel, later written down and compiled by his followers twenty years after his death. Tradition has it that Muhammad himself was unable to read or write.

The Koran is too large to paste here. English translations (interpolations), sometimes with arabic scipt and recitations, can be found on the following links:

Is this true,is Muhammed really the founder of Islam?

ebel86 said:
islam

Founded by Muhammad, who lived from about 570 to 632 AD. Its holy scripture is the Koran (Al Qu'ran), claimed to be the direct word of Word as given to Muhammad by the Archangel Gabriel, later written down and compiled by his followers twenty years after his death. Tradition has it that Muhammad himself was unable to read or write.

The Koran (Al Qur'an)

Islam was founded by Muhammad, who lived from about 570 to 632 AD. Its holy scripture is the Koran (Al Qu'ran), claimed to be the direct word of Word as given to Muhammad by the Archangel Gabriel, later written down and compiled by his followers twenty years after his death. Tradition has it that Muhammad himself was unable to read or write.

The Koran is too large to paste here. English translations (interpolations), sometimes with arabic scipt and recitations, can be found on the following links:

Is this true,is Muhammed really the founder of Islam?

God is, of course, the founder of Islam. But Muhammed presents the Revelation at God's behest.

Does this make sense to your question?

Kind Regards - welcome to the group,

Scott

God is, of course, the founder of Islam. But Muhammed presents the Revelation at God's behest.
I understand it is God Who gave us the religion but God did not give the religion to Muhammad.

The description of Islam is wrong on this website.
http://www.comparative-religion.com/islam/

I would be nice if you would correct it.
I just have to point this out to you since it is misleading people.

This verse proves that Muhammad was a follower of Abraham and not that it was Muhmmad who founded Islam.
"And afterward We inspired thee (Muhammad, saying): Follow the religion of Abraham, as one by nature upright. He was not of the idolaters.16.123."
I hope you correct the mistake,God Willing.
Thanx.

God does not found belief - humans found belief in God. Therefore the statement remains. :)

God does not found belief - humans found belief in God. Therefore the statement remains.
With all due respect that what you said has nothing to do with what I was saying.
I was saying that somebody made a mistake by saying that Islam was founded by Muhammad and that is not true.Muhammad did not found Islam but Abraham,that is what the Koran says.
It nowhere says in the Koran of Muhammad being the founder of Islam but it does say him being a follower of Abraham.

By the way humans dont just find belief,God has sent us Prophets/Messengers with Books so that we are guided and know the right belief from wrong belief.
I still hope somebody corrects the mistakes if no one does,than you should know that this website is misrepresenting Islam.
I dont see a reason why you shouldnt but than again you the admin and thats up to you,Im just pointing the mistake to you.

sweet,thanx alot thips,God help you.
thips I hope you do what you said you was going to do.

I deleted what i wrote. I thought that i'll just have a chat with Brian. But thought later that there is no need to publicise it. therefore, i deleted it. But our poster is quite quick. Besides the point raised by our poster, there is atleast one statement made in there that is factually incorrect. There are some typos as well. anyway, no worries.

ok I see,lol I got confused myself for a momement.Is like as soon as I posted I saw your post so I just said thanx.

If there are any factual errors in the piece then I'm fine to correct that - no shame in raising such issues - that is a nasty typo. :)

Also appreciate that CR seeks to describe religions from a neutral perspective - it is not the purpose of CR to describe religions as they would prefer to be seen, but instead from a general point of objectivity.

Issues such as the Qur'an communicated by God is accepted on Faith, and therefore the word "claim" is used, probably somewhat clumsily.

Also, before Mohammed there was no organised body called itself Islamic in the Islamic application of the term - there were Jews and Christians following the Torah and Bible, but no specific following on what we understand to be Islam today, so far as I'm aware. Hence Islam can be said to have founded Islam because it is only because of Mohammed that Islam as an organised religion exists today.

Also, before Mohammed there was no organised body called itself Islamic in the Islamic application of the term - there were Jews and Christians following the Torah and Bible, but no specific following on what we understand to be Islam today, so far as I'm aware. Hence Islam can be said to have founded Islam because it is only because of Mohammed that Islam as an organised religion exists today.
In Islam we accept all the prophets and messengers not just prophet Muhammed.
Having said that, prophet Muhammed was the last prophet who was given a Book.Prophet Muhammed is not the begining of Islam but he was in fact the last prophet of Islam, he did purify or religion from corruption but Islam did not begin with him.
We believe that the Torah and the Bible are God's books just like the Quran.
But the previos books have been corrupted over time by the people or forgoten.
Here is a verse from the Quran:
YUSUFALI: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

It says those who follow the jewish scripture as well the Christian who belive in God "not trinity" the last day and do good they will die as belivers they have nothing to fear.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
A Muslim (Arabic: مسلم) is an adherent of Islam. Literally, the word means someone who has submitted him or herself to God.
Islam means submission to God in Arabic,the religion is not named after anyone, Jesus Christ-Christianity, or a tribe/culture Jews-Jewish religion.

Hi All

interesting thread. So if Abraham is the true founder of Islam, what went wrong (or what was done wrong in the past) up until the creation of the word Islam?

Peace

There's a playing on the word Islam. If Islam is only submission to God, then Islam as we know it dissolves into a vague religious definition. Christians are Muslims, Jews are Muslims, even some Hindus can be Muslims.
The real issue is that Islam is trying to annex former beliefs. Once the other religions accept to be considered as Muslims in the general sense, then Muslims will say that Islam isn't only submission to God, but implies acceptation of Muhammad's prophethood, of the Quran, the Sunna, the Hadith, the Sharia.

mansio said:
There's a playing on the word Islam. If Islam is only submission to God, then Islam as we know it dissolves into a vague religious definition. Christians are Muslims, Jews are Muslims, even some Hindus can be Muslims.
The real issue is that Islam is trying to annex former beliefs. Once the other religions accept to be considered as Muslims in the general sense, then Muslims will say that Islam isn't only submission to God, but implies acceptation of Muhammad's prophethood, of the Quran, the Sunna, the Hadith, the Sharia.
You are reading the words but you are obviously not going beyond what you see written. Submission to God obviously entails submission to what he has revealed and commanded. So, its not a muddled definition; its just your thinking thats muddled.
Christians are Muslims, Jews are Muslims, even some Hindus can be Muslims.
As an example, let me just say that 'Christians' at the time of Jesus(pbuh) and those who followed his teachings in truth until the Prophet Mohammad(pbuh) came were Muslims.
The real issue is that Islam is trying to annex former beliefs.
No, the real issue is that you have forgotten where you are. This is the Islam board, so I suggest that you keep your wild accusations to yourself or goto the Comparative Studies section.
We believe that even Adam(pbuh) was a Muslim. So, if you want to make accusations of annexing other people's beliefs, then I suggest that you point the finger at everyone else before you point it at us.

You could be polite Thipps and not say that my thinking is muddled or that I'm uttering wild accusations.
You said "we believe that even Adam was a Muslim". That's plain annexation of Jewish and Christian beliefs!
Then you add innocently that such an accusation should be pointed to other people than Muslims.

mansio said:
You could be polite Thipps
First do yourself what you tell others to do.
You said "we believe that even Adam was a Muslim". That's plain annexation of Jewish and Christian beliefs! Then you add innocently that such an accusation should be pointed to other people than Muslims.
There you go again. Again you see but you dont understand. The point is this:
As I explained in my posts of the Islam and its relationship to other religions thread, Islam has been there since man set foot on earth. So, there isnt a question of annexing anyone elses beliefs cause there wasnt anybody else. The Torah and the Gospel were not revealed yet. simple. For details, please refer to my posts in the above-mentioned thread as I do not wish to repeat everything here.

No one has ever heard of Islam before Muhammad.

You blatantly throw in my face that Islam existed from the dawn of humanity, implying that older faiths than Islam are corrupted. If that isn't annexing !

This discussion can only end when you PROVE (from history, archeology, linguistics, etc) that Islam existed before Muhammad.

No one has ever heard of Islam before Muhammad.

You blatantly throw in my face that Islam existed from the dawn of humanity, implying that older faiths than Islam are corrupted. If that isn't annexing !

This discussion can only end when you PROVE (from history, archeology, linguistics, etc) that Islam existed before Muhammad.

Where does the Jewish religion comes from how about Christianity,did it always exist as it is today?Where was Christianity during the time of Abraham,Moses, are they not prophets in Christianity?If so how is that possible when Jesus wasnt even born?How could they have practiced Christianity?
Jews named the religion our religion/Jewish religion,the religion of the Jews/Jewish people.
Jewish religion differ from some Jews to others and some of those Jews are trully Muslims.
Those who believe in God,the last day,do right, stay away from evil,pray to God and follow his Book are submiters to God.
That is why God says in the Quran that those Jews have nothing to fear.
Same can be said to some Christen or anybody who belives in God,the last day and does right is a beliver in Islam.
The Quran is the last Book from God and it teaches us the only religion accepted by God.There is no race culture in Islam,anybody is a Muslim who belives in God His Books,the last day,does right and stayes away from evil.
Saying that befor Muhammed there were no Muslims is not being a Muslim.
It goes against Islam/Quran to believe in such a thing.
We believe that all the prophet always thought the same religion, belief in One and Only God and they never thought anything else.
Whatever you like to think it dont matter but you dont want to be telling Muslims, prophet Muhammed was the first Muslim , is not what Islam teaches.

Ebel

I agree with you when you say that those who believe in God ,the last day, do good, stay away from evil, follow his Book, are submitters to God, that is muslims in the linguistic sense. I said that in my preceding post.
That description fits perfectly with the Jews and Christians.
A new prophet arose, Muhammad, who delivered a new Book, the Quran. I don't mind at all that Muhammad's followers keep the name muslims, as Islam is a reform of Judaism, a Judaism revealed to the whole of humanity and not to a chosen people.

mansio said:
gave u the thread to read. read it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back