didymus

Reaction score
Does anyone have opinions as to the events that are to take place in the year 2012? I have read a few things and my understanding is that there will be a major shift here on earth. What this shift is I am unsure of. Energetic, spiritual, both?

Apparentley the Mayans predicted an end days scenario in this year. Not so much a physical end but a new spirituality and therefore inevitable death of something. I understand that Carl Jung also made some predictions.

Kindest Regards, didymus!

I seem to recall reading something similar about the Mayan calendar, but my recollection is spotty at best. I know nothing of Carl Jung making any prediction, but it would be interesting to hear if there is one.

Sorry I'm not much help on this, but it might be an interesting study. good luck, and keep us posted. :)

didymus: Does anyone have opinions as to the events that are to take place in the year 2012? I have read a few things and my understanding is that there will be a major shift here on earth. What this shift is I am unsure of. Energetic, spiritual, both?
personally, i'm not one for expectations or predictions (i prefer living in the now). but some years ago i had an interest in the photon belt that we'll be passing through (?) and have done so in the past as well (?).

i had, in the past, concluded that it will be both an energetic and spiritual awakening, while others may think it will mean the end times are at hand. what you make of it is obviously up to you, but i think you might find reading about it to be interesting?

at any rate, for those interested, here's a GOOGLE query on the keywords 2012 photon belt

peace

The date comes from the book "the Mayan Prophecies", and to call that book sloppy would be high praise.

Namaste all,

it's not so much that the Mayan calendar predicts an "end of days" sort of thing...

recall, that the Mayans have a cyclical view of time, like us Dharma folks. so, it isn't so much that "time ends" it is, rather, that "time starts over again".

perhaps that may work out to the same thing for those sentient beings which are currently arisen when this happens, i really cannot say.

metta,

~v

I found this little gem of a topic and have a question. Some years ago on my OLD ancient windows 95 computer, I had a little Mayan countodwn calendar Gif I thought was cool as hell to have, For the life of me, I cannot find anything like it on the internet now. Anyone KNOW where one of these countdowner Mayan calenders are online?? If so, please post a link either here on private message such link to me??????? i want to put one on MySpace : )

It doesn't matter one think that i have been told is that in every century there people who believe it is the last one. For example have you ever heard of 'The great Disappointment'? back the 18?? The only question i ask is what do you belive in yourself (not what some else things).

didymus said:
Does anyone have opinions as to the events that are to take place in the year 2012?

It will start with many kisses as New Year's Eve celebrationists welcome in the New Year, and it will end in the same way. The usual stuff will happen in between.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Back