soon to be unemployeed

my thoughts going toward all three of you and the beauty you will all experience .... I'm so happy for you .... aloha nui, pohaikawahine

Namaste all,

thank you all for the kind words...

who knew that there were so many blood tests and sonograms involved?! crikey! three of them in the past 2 weeks.. and, they aren't the "good" sonograms..... these are the ouchy, painful inside, sonograms :(

oh.. and did i mention that, after all that time there... on my last day, not one single officer of the company said anything to me. not a "thank you" not a "good luck" not even a "get the heck outta here".... simply, nothing.

to be honest with you, i've not misjudged beings this greatly in quite a while and it has thrown me somewhat off my track. i'm just a bit uncentered at the moment, i suppose, which is a bit unusual for me at this point in the practice.

to borrow an American baseball analogy.. i was looking fastball and they threw me a changeup.

thank you all, again, for the kind words and thoughts. i honestly appreciate them very much.

metta,

~Vajradhara

What's the name of the company? *checks mutual fund portfolio while several rather irate :kitty:s get ready for a recon mission that only :kitty:s can do* :confused: :eek: :p

That brings back memories of when my dad was let go (back in 1982) just four months shy of getting a pension. Strange thing was that the people involved in laying him off got laid off not that long after (the company was bought out and most of the management personnel were given their walking papers.)

btw, mazel tov on the new addition (give you a whole new reason to get up in the morning, and a far better one than trudging to a place where one's not appreciated.) Always remember the truly important things in life (and if you forget, refer to the song Cat's in the Cradle by Harry Chapin.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Namaste phyllis,

thank you for the post.

though i would like nothing better than to make public their lack of honor and integrity, i was compelled to sign a legal agreement, to collect my final paycheck, so i cannot divulge their name.

however, it is not a publicly traded company.

why would i want to think of silver spoons? sure, i liked the show and all.. :p

metta,

~v

Vajradhara said:
Namaste phyllis,

thank you for the post.

[sic]
why would i want to think of silver spoons? sure, i liked the show and all.. :p

metta,

~v
The sentiment of the song (make time for what's really important or when you have time, they won't have time for you.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Strangely enough, sometimes we have to part from the old to make way for the new.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
The sentiment of the song (make time for what's really important or when you have time, they won't have time for you.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Namaste phyllis,

sorry, poor humor attempt :)

metta,

~v

Vaj,

If its any help I was medically 'retired' from the NZ government service 10 years ago. My health then was appalling, it is a little better these days but I am still not really able to work.

I have found that hard. As a librarian, a theologian, a priest not being well enough to work has been humiliating as has being on a government benefit. At least here in NZ the benefits are not time-limited.

I do sometimes hunger for something of some value to do again and I do realise that what I do now is of value (helping raise my kids) but work would be nice. Then too I am now 45 so prospective employers are going to be looking for younger folk. Ah well!

Kiwimac

Back