Why Do Men Have Nipples?

Not in the example of cytoplasmic inheritance or of the maternal effect (HER genotype instead of what you would expect). But sure, some of it's 'switches' and yeah, that is an easy way to think about it, if not accurate enough for study or understanding beyond what the layman needs. The point is that the blueprints of the cell are frequently changed or adjusted by outside forces.

Maybe flow and I have half a win and you have half a win for this one. :p

sara[h]ng;81765 said:
Not in the example of cytoplasmic inheritance or of the maternal effect (HER genotype instead of what you would expect). But sure, some of it's 'switches' and yeah, that is an easy way to think about it, if not accurate enough for study or understanding beyond what the layman needs. The point is that the blueprints of the cell are frequently changed or adjusted by outside forces.

Maybe flow and I have half a win and you have half a win for this one. :p

not bad for a "sailor"...:D

Yeah..I'll take the other half, but we are talking about dynamic and changing situations here. Once conception takes place and a genomic blueprint is made in the first cell it isn't always cast in stone. A whole host of dynamical interactions can and do affect continuing development of the fetus, including cases where sexual ambiguity is perpetuated in form to birth due to environmental influences.

It's getting so bad in the animal kingdom, and remember that we're part of that also, that there are lots of male fish of several species that are laying eggs and doing other sorts of female things. One of the places that this trend is growing is off the west coast of the U.S. around Los Angeles. Maybe it's the bad angels that are doing these changing of gender thingys...huh?

flow....:rolleyes:

Sorry Q, I didn't know that they were doing the "bait and switch" thing. You think they'd tell you...but in America it seems that even knowledge has a very large price tag attached to it.

i think its maybe be because all babies in the womb start out feminine and its not until the hormones kick in after a few months that the sex of the child is decided. so yes men have because women have - maybe.j...

Hello All:

I found something today that bears upon the information in this thread.

flow....:)

www.nytimes.com/2006/12/02/us/02child.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=all

have to be a member to read the rest...:rolleyes:

Sorry Q, I didn't know that they were doing the "bait and switch" thing. You think they'd tell you...but in America it seems that even knowledge has a very large price tag attached to it.

For anyone who wants it, the full text of the article is contained in this attachment. (NY Times has free membership)

Attachments

• NY Time Gender.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 547
Thanks Seattle. You're right.

I'm a NY Times Select member ( you get special, double-secret probation info all of the time for $50 a year, but it's worth it to me) and I got that confused with the regular type. The LA Times also has a free membership and always has serious and interesting stuff on its site.

flow....:p

Only a slight chop I'm afraid. The membership also gets me access to their archives which is a very valuable research asset for me.

It's, year in and year out, one of the most honest information resources immediately available to me, so I pay the freight for the extras. Paying for access is going to be the future on the net I'm afraid. A big too-doo going down over here across the pond on the debate concerning "net neutrality" these days...there ?

flow....;) .

Ok. A lot of answers seem to be going with the idea that men have nipples because the fetus starts out as a female until things starting changeing. And there was the idea that modern woman precedes modern man in our evolutionary history.

However, from a Biblical point of view many are supposed to believe that men were around before women, and a question that hasn't been asked yet is "Did Adam have nipples?"

I think it's sensible to reason that men have nipples so they have the ability to pass the genetic information to their daughters - we can only inherit one set of Chromosomes from Mommy right?

So it seems obvious to me that every woman on the planet who has nipples, owes this to the fact that both parents passed on some nipple DNA.

Ok. A lot of answers seem to be going with the idea that men have nipples because the fetus starts out as a female until things starting changeing. And there was the idea that modern woman precedes modern man in our evolutionary history.

However, from a Biblical point of view many are supposed to believe that men were around before women, and a question that hasn't been asked yet is "Did Adam have nipples?"

I think it's sensible to reason that men have nipples so they have the ability to pass the genetic information to their daughters - we can only inherit one set of Chromosomes from Mommy right?

So it seems obvious to me that every woman on the planet who has nipples, owes this to the fact that both parents passed on some nipple DNA.

Yet we get two sets from man...brilliant deduction!

i take it adam and eve, if you view them as individuals as opposed to the first race of men and women, did not have navels as this is a scar left after the removal of the umbilocal chord? jase....

Yes.... the Navel is simply a scar... Not a body part such as the nipple... But then if we go by Adam and Eve... Adam wouldn't have nipples either would he... Because he was never a fetus...

Of course he would. He's the blueprint for the rest of us! :rolleyes:

I'll tell you why men have nipples. They are "governors" for our engine. See, when things get hot and heavy, and the piston action is exceding the flywheel's momentum, the woman can govern the rpms by biting down on the nipple. That brings the tachometer out of redline real fast...:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Well, it's a thought...:confused:

v/r

joshua

But as we have all agreed the nipple is useless on a man... So why bother to put that in the blueprint? And they were perfect humans? So why the man got nipps!! He don't need um! Surley in the the blueprints you would think god would have just made females develope the nipples..

But as we have all agreed the nipple is useless on a man... So why bother to put that in the blueprint? And they were perfect humans? So why the man got nipps!! He don't need um! Surley in the the blueprints you would think god would have just made females develope the nipples..

Man might not need nipples, but his daughters do. So he has to have nipple DNA to pass on to his daughters, one set of nipple genes from Mama + one set of nipple genes from Papa = a complete set of nipple genes for baby girl.

Back