Is this Offensive?

Why care if it is offensive? Who's story is it? Oh yours? Then do what you want with it... Do not let any one or thing censor you because it's "Offensive" you made it, if they find it offensive... Then don't read it.... Simple.

Really p's me off when you see these complaint letters...
"I watched your entire film... all 2 hours and 30 mins of it... It was nothing but offensive from the get go..."

Then turn the freaking channel!!!! *monkey punches the person into a pulp*

lol... getting carried away my bad..

Why care if it is offensive? Who's story is it? Oh yours? Then do what you want with it... Do not let any one or thing censor you because it's "Offensive" you made it, if they find it offensive... Then don't read it.... Simple.

Really p's me off when you see these complaint letters...
"I watched your entire film... all 2 hours and 30 mins of it... It was nothing but offensive from the get go..."

Then turn the freaking channel!!!! *monkey punches the person into a pulp*

lol... getting carried away my bad..

I can understand an author wanting to portray something accurately -- especially if the market you hope will buy your work knows something about the topic.

Authors who offend their audience or who write things that their audience won't believe won't necessarily do to well selling to that audience.

I can understand an author wanting to portray something accurately -- especially if the market you hope will buy your work knows something about the topic.

Authors who offend their audience or who write things that their audience won't believe won't necessarily do to well selling to that audience.

There is a difference between being accurate... and being offensive...

"There was a man he was a Pagan. He had a scar on his face." (this is true for example... just for the example.)

"There was a buffalo, that had a scar he got from a Pagan." (got the truth mixed up no accuracy...)

"There was a man, he was a Pagan, and had an ugly stupid face, with a scar upon it, which he had coming to him..." (Truth... Could be offensive for the man, but it's the truth with a splash of the authors opinion.. Creating the Authors style... Which gives identity.

Hi you guys, I am new to this site and have spent some time looking around and having a good read! Most of you seem to be incredibly 'intellectual' and knowledgable regarding the topics.

To the prospective author 'is this offensive', what others have said about spell casting for love (for oneself) is technically correct - however, I would say that if you are writing a work of fiction, whether for your own entertainment or publication, then that is what it is a work of fiction - do you think Lewis Carol worried about whether everything he wrote in the Chronicles of Narnia was true or offensive, do you think the script writers of science fiction worry about offending 'scientologists'? I think not. So within the confines of a work of fiction its fine. I do agree with Ben (mod) that it would be advisable, before starting any story/book that you should do some research.

I am hopeful that the brains amongst you will forgive my unintellectual drivellings and pay me some attention from time to time as this looks like a bit of fun!

Regards

Reedshimmer:confused:

Welcome to the board, Reedshimmer!

Just one little correction: C. S. Lewis wrote the Narnia stories. Lewis Carroll (real name: Charles Lutwidge Dodgson) wrote Alice in Wonderland.

Thanks for the correction Ben = my excuse for such a fluff is that I have ME and suffer with a very foggy brain from time to time.
Regards

Reedshimmer

Back