Jokes, jokes, and more jokes ...

A definite truism, correct?
2848789_600.jpg

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

From my Quora feed:

'I was walking along the street pulling a piece of string behind me, a cop came up next to me and asked, why are you pulling that piece of string behind you?

I said, Have you ever tried pushing it?'
Describe anyone? (From my LiveJournal feed)
1966945_600.jpg

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A female flight attendant from a South American national airline was diverted to New York, and she was asked to pick an inflight movie for a flight that she was transferred to. She wanted to take a short vacation, but the airline refused her request; therefor, she complied.

The flight she was transferred to was filled with entitled people, so she knew that they would run her ragged, so she picked an inflight movie that she suspected would keep everyone quiet and in their seats. A true white-knuckle film. The movie she chose? Airport '77.

She got her three day "vacation"/suspension, plus the airline refused to let her pick any more inflight movies ever again!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
From my Quora feed:
main-qimg-5f061faa2b754f84e4501ed330331dc1-lq

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Accurately identifies my issue with tradition.

Elon Musk told his workers at PayPal, Tesla, and SpaceX to spend 15 minutes a day scaling things that they do "because that is the way it was always done" and think of options ... and now digital money is common...as are electric cars ... and relanding rockets on a barge is an actual thing.

I once read a letter from an old WWII soldier ... he recalled they were tidying up the base in readiness for a visit by Winston Churchill. He and a mate were painting something white, literally the morning of the PMs arrival. Running back across the parade ground, he dropped the tin of (white) paint onto the (black) surface. a passing sergeant saw it all and let rip a stream of expletives.
"What'll we do sarge?"
A momentary pause. "Straighten up the edges, paint it into a square, everyone'll think it's for something."

+++

Some 40-odd years later, now an old man, the ex-soldier attended a reunion at his old barracks, and there, on the parade square, was a gleaming white square ...

Reactions: wil
Back