homosexuality

taijasi said:
Difference: One prayer presumes to know God's will for others. I figure it's just best to leave God's will to GOD. Don't we have a thing or two left to correct in our OWN lives? AHEM!

Another assumption ha!? ;)

Praying for God's will in someones life isn't at all saying that one know's Gods will for that person.

For example, if I prayed for God to bless you in some way, I'm not assuming I know which way He'll bless you. I'm simply asking that He will bless you.

Praying for God's will in people's lives isn't a bad thing. Do you not want to be in God's will? Of course you do!........Or am I assuming this? ;)

If I were a bank robber do you think I am in God's will? If not, then what would be so wrong for you to pray for me - that God have His will in my life?

:)

Flowergirl,

Would you assume then, that two people enjoying a happy (or more to the point, a challenging) homosexual relationship, are not accounted for, in God's Plan? That, specifically, this is not God's WILL for these two people (and countless other couples), at this time, in this life?

I think this is the question we should be asking. What allows us to PRESUME?

Seems like a personal problem, to me. If we are to love our brothers and sisters, without exception ... then let's just stop right there, okay?

Or to be clear, let's NOT stop loving, just because we prefer a different lifestyle. Perhaps the "hate the sin" expression, should be reinterpreted, since it seems to be a bit of a hangup. How about, Love all people, and choose the lifestyle for your OWN self, which you believe God desires of YOU.

Another way to express it, Live and Let Live. My own personal favorite: Express GOODWILL, to everyone you meet. And to everyone you don't meet. Hard to go wrong there. ;) :)

hmmm ...

Love and Light,

andrew

taijasi said:
Flowergirl,

Would you assume then, that two people enjoying a happy (or more to the point, a challenging) homosexual relationship, are not accounted for, in God's Plan? That, specifically, this is not God's WILL for these two people (and countless other couples), at this time, in this life?

A plan for them to remain in sin? absolutely not.

taijasi said:
I think this is the question we should be asking. What allows us to PRESUME?

Believing something and persuming something are two different things.

taijasi said:
Seems like a personal problem, to me. If we are to love our brothers and sisters, without exception ... then let's just stop right there, okay?

I agree, we are to love them without exceptions. Disliking a sin shouldn't stop the sinner from being loved.

taijasi said:
Or to be clear, let's NOT stop loving, just because we prefer a different lifestyle.

I absolutely agree.

taijasi said:
Perhaps the "hate the sin" expression, should be reinterpreted, since it seems to be a bit of a hangup.

It may be a hang up to some people but if this is how people express how they feel then it shouldn't be a problem to use this expression.

taijasi said:
How about, Love all people, and choose the lifestyle for your OWN self, which you believe God desires of YOU.

Being that I believe homosexuality is a sin, as a christian I feel it's my duty to warn people of their sin. As a christian who believes this shouldn't I have the right to carry out what I believe to be my duty?

taijasi said:
Another way to express it, Live and Let Live. My own personal favorite: Express GOODWILL, to everyone you meet. And to everyone you don't meet. Hard to go wrong there. ;) :)

hmmm ...

Love and Light,

andrew

I agree. But explaining to people what I believe the bible agrees and disagrees with isn't stopping people from living.

shadowman said:
why would god care if two people love each other.
Oh he does not care if 2 people love one another.
There is a difference in love and sex. Temptation + action = sin. Temptation with no action is righteousness.

woah woah woah. i thought jesus new take on ten commandments was all about sins of the heart and mind.

and also. i thught jesus was the new deal. why do preachers of hellfire always mention that in isaiah god says "good deads are like menstrual rags to him" well thats besides the point anyway. i guess hemeant that our hearts need to be in the right place too. i agree with htat as well.

so he doesnt mind if two men have a romantic relationship. but their fat chisled breasts never get to satisfy each other because he doesnt want them getting marriedi n his sight?

but they can love eac other?

csn they kiss?

is hugging also a sin?

shadowman said:
woah woah woah. i thought jesus new take on ten commandments was all about sins of the heart and mind.

and also. i thught jesus was the new deal. why do preachers of hellfire always mention that in isaiah god says "good deads are like menstrual rags to him" well thats besides the point anyway. i guess hemeant that our hearts need to be in the right place too. i agree with htat as well.

You have to repent and accept Christ into your heart...Otherwise you are under the Old Testament Law. Its a members only club.. you have to do the deed before you get entrance.. sorry its the way it goes.

shadowman said:
so he doesnt mind if two men have a romantic relationship. but their fat chisled breasts never get to satisfy each other because he doesnt want them getting marriedi n his sight?

but they can love eac other?

csn they kiss?

is hugging also a sin?

Well I do not know do you love your Dad?

Well if you did then why do you act like you can not have love without romance and sex?

If you look at someone with lust in your heart... you are guilty of the sin... thats what the bible says.. if you are made clean by the blood of Christ.. you probably wouldnt be acting on the sin.. if you are.. You are a work in progress and it will change.

shadowman said:
what about romantic love

If you look at someone with lust in your heart... you are guilty of the sin... thats what the bible says.. if you are made clean by the blood of Christ.. you probably wouldnt be acting on the sin.. if you are.. You are a work in progress and it will change.

that is afair enough. but then, ideally, men and women also dont have "relations" because jesus removesthe temptation?
Faithfulservant said:

fair enough. so ideally god also removes lusts between married, chrisitan men and women so theydont have frequent relations. and they procreate for the sake of having children only.

just for clarification. i meant to say "flat chisled breasts" when talking about romantic male on male fondling and breast satisfaction

shadowman said:
that is afair enough. but then, ideally, men and women also dont have "relations" because jesus removesthe temptation?

fair enough. so ideally god also removes lusts between married, chrisitan men and women so theydont have frequent relations. and they procreate for the sake of having children only.

No... lol sex isnt wrong between man and wife.. its a blessed thing and it will not be defiled.. so sayeth the scriptures. Its out of holy wedlock that its sin.

shadowman said:
just for clarification. i meant to say "flat chisled breasts" when talking about romantic male on male fondling and breast satisfaction

Say out loud for me.. Jesus is Lord.. :)

Back