Jehovah's Witness I Need Your Help

Yep. Some people tend to not like hearing anything about the angry, judgemental, wrathful side of God and want to just concentrate on the love and good side.
I personally want to know about all sides and all aspects. There is a reason the Bible shows up God's anger and wrath and judgement.

Heck, I am quite sure there are a few people here just hoping my fundamentalist butt will go off on a tangent one day and get banned. ;)

I know what you are saying Dor... Turn your attention from the bad and all asspects of the god you have chosen to worship but only take note of the "good bits" the nice meaty parts which we enjoy... For sure you should study and look into every aspect not just the "nice bits" but hey... Do you not also think that to a -certain- limit someone like terrance is good for a christians faith? as it cannot harm but strenghten faith in one...

Oh I am all for Terrence. Terrence was me before CR. I have just learned ways to communicate what I want within the bounds of the forums because I like and respect most of the people here.

That being said there are some core beliefs I will not waver on at all so I just avoid them. And some subjects I can not be unbiased so I try to avoid those also.

It so sad that you quote this scripture, when the Jesus was merely making a comparison between the true God as opposed to false God. Jesus was not saying that he is not God. Similar to 1 Cor 8:6
(But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.),
the author was not saying that Father only is God and Likewise the Son only is Lord (Kurios), but rather was making a distinction between the false pagan gods and the True God. He was not making a distinction between Jesus and the Father

1. In John 8:21-59 Jesus repeatedly claims the divine name "I AM" for Himself. The Jews understood that He was calling Himself God

Gospel Reading - John 8, 21-30. Jesus said to them: I am going away... The use of I AM is twisted into resembling the forbidden name of God. It was out of context and Jesus was telling them "I am going away.

(Jews) wanted to stone Him for blasphemy (cf. John 5:18, 8:59, 10:30-36). Why did the Jews seek to stone Jesus if He wasn't claiming to be God, especially since execution by stoning was reserved by Jewish Law for only a few crimes?

The Jews did not want to stone Jesus for blasphemy. They had the Romans execute him not for blasphemy but for the political crime of insurrection and possibly claiming to be King of Israel. Romans crucified insurrectionists, rebels, or claimants of King in their provinces. Romans did not interfere when Jews stoned those charged with religious sins. On the cross, the Romans hung a sign, "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews." Jesus died as a rebel to frighten future rebels from rebelling.

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This does not claim that Jesus is or ever was God. He was called God's son. God's are hypothetical mythical beings. There are no rules that sons of God are gods too. King David was also a Son of God.

2.Colossians 1:15-17 means that Christ created everything, would you agree or disagree?

Colossians 1:15-17

King James Version (KJV)

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Image does not mean the same as being the actual god. I am the image of my Scottish Father and he was of his father (my grandfather.)

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Paul is the author of this. Remember that Paul never met Jesus. In fact, he once persecuted the followers of Jesus. His calling Jesus God is only in his mind. The Evangelists did not make such a claim. They clearly describe Jesus' words indicating that he (Jesus) is subordinate to God. He was sent by God, to do God's work. Jesus did not know many things, only God did. "My God, my God, why hast though forsaken me.' To Mary Magdalene, Jesus said, "I ascend to my god and to your (Mary's) god, to my father and to your (Mary's) father. Jesus is not an equal to God. Being am image does not make one the person identified. A picture of Elvis is not Elvis.

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

This seems more of Paul's irrational double talk. It makes no sense. What does he mean by "before"? Before could mean living earlier than, being superior to, ahead of, in front of. The words show the syntax of a mentally ill man, Paul who may have been suffering from epilepsy.

All quotes of Jesus by those who wrote the gospels, the story of Jesus, indicate that Jesus, himself, never claimed to be God, and he indicated on multiple occasions, his subordination to God. God knew things that Jesus did not know. I am not a JW, but I think they are closer to the early Christianity than the Indo-European Pagan Trinity Christians.

3. I know you believe that there are false gods. That being the case, read John 1:1 and tell me if Christ is the "true" God or a "false" God. If Jesus is a "true God," how do you explain that Jehovah God commands us to have no other God besides Him (Ex. 20:3). Christ is either the One True God, or He is a false god (cf. Isa. 43:10; 44:6-8; John 17:3; 1 Cor. 8:4; 1 Tim. 2:5; James 2:19).

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In Judaism there is only one God. Their belief was that God created by using the Word, or using magic or holy words. God conjured the Universe into existence with unknown holy words. Jesus is not even the issue here.

How do you explain Thomas calling Jesus God and Jesus accepting His worship rathering that correcting his supposed blasphemy?

"Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am The Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but by Me." (John 14:5-6 RSV)

First, Thomas called Jesus Lord. Lord is not synonymous with God. Kings were addressed as Lord. Even subordinate princes were addressed as Lord. Thomas considered Jesus his lord or Leader. Thomas thinks of him as the leader of mankind to God. Jesus saying "I am the Way" means his way is the correct way to God. He does not say he is a god. The truth means he believes he is telling the straight facts, truth. Finally, Jesus says, "no one comes to the Father, but by me. Again Jesus distinguishes himself from God the Father. Jesus does not say "no one comes to me, but through the Father."

Trinitarian Christianity is a patchwork Indo-European Paganism. Its founders used and twisted those scriptural verses. Yet, close reading of the words, show that the Catholic version of Jesus being a God has no basis.

Amergin

Back