Left behind Rapture Interview

Faithfulservant said:
SS flashback hehe

Sorry I usually disregard most things you say but that was a long rant and I was reading it in spite of myself. I also apologize for bursting your bubble but Im not going to bow before your greatness and bountiful wisdom... and Im certainly not going to declare you god or godlike or even part of the trinity human or divine... Truth be told Ive pretty much taken Pauls advice and will now return to it..
And of Faith, Charity and Love ... yes, one of these is the greatest. We are on the same page there. ;)

You may think my modesty false, but I have no wisdom ... unless I speak it of God. Christ said the same. I am working on bridging the gulf - between my present, un-Christed state, and that as demonstrated by Christ Jesus. I'm glad that you can spot my imperfections. Every now and then, I just feel certain that I can spot that imperfection in another, too - despite myself.

But I don't see that as fault, not even when it is pride ... or an occasional feeling of "know-it-all-ness" that you may think I exude. I cannot deny my pride, but I can, like Socrates, proclaim myself a fool - since I certainly know enough, to know how little I know.

No matter where I stand, there will always be those above, or ahead ... and those below, or behind. I have a responsibility to both. And this is something I feel is true, of every man, woman and child - on planet Earth.
May the Christ Light shine forth ... and His Love enfold -

Their hearts and minds,

And yours and mine.

Salam Alaikum ... Shalom,

taijasi barabba

Fine. If it doesn't have anything to do with Aquarius, which has always been symbolized by the water-bearer, this dating back LONG before Christ's time, and such archetypal symbolism existing in several other cultures ... then SHOW me.

So let me get this straight any guy who has a pitcher of water has to do with Aquarius. Hmmm nope.

The Persic version has more to it..."upon his back"; for which he had been to some well, or fountain in the city, in order to mix with wine at the passover: follow him into the house where he entereth in;

That was quite simply a test of faith and obedience for the disciples and shows the omniscience and deity of Christ.

I have never claimed absolute truth.....I have never claimed Christ gives me little tidbits all for myself.

I also do not claim to be God, God in the making, God to come or any way it is said or implied. All eyes will not see you and all knees shall not bow.

I claim the Bible and the Lord Jesus Christ.....I do not need all the other crap people want.

Do I have absolute truth....no there is only a few things I know as truth

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Ro 7:24 -[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?[/FONT]
Ro 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]John 14:6[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/FONT]
Among a few other things which are all found in the Bible.

Dor said:
So let me get this straight any guy who has a pitcher of water has to do with Aquarius. Hmmm nope.

The Persic version has more to it..."upon his back"; for which he had been to some well, or fountain in the city, in order to mix with wine at the passover: follow him into the house where he entereth in;

That was quite simply a test of faith and obedience for the disciples and shows the omniscience and deity of Christ.

I have never claimed absolute truth.....I have never claimed Christ gives me little tidbits all for myself.

I also do not claim to be God, God in the making, God to come or any way it is said or implied. All eyes will not see you and all knees shall not bow.

I claim the Bible and the Lord Jesus Christ.....I do not need all the other crap people want.

Do I have absolute truth....no there is only a few things I know as truth

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Ro 7:24 -[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?[/FONT]
Ro 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]John 14:6[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/FONT]
Among a few other things which are all found in the Bible.
Thank you, finally, for a refutation ... or at least for addressing the question of the significance of this Scripture. As for "Gods in the making" - it's that crap called the Bible, and Christ's own words, wherein He Himself quotes God's earlier revelation - that I base this belief on, in part.
“Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?” (John 10:34, in reference to Psalm 82:6)
You may as well quote the following verse, Psalm 82:7, if you like, though I would question, whom do you contest - me or Christ Jesus? Or the Psalmist???
"But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."
How can this be? We, who are "Gods, and all of [us] children of the Most High," are yet said to "die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

I am curious as to what you might say to this. How do you interpret it?

As for my own understanding - which I think jibes quite well with the rest of what Christ teaches - I take this to mean that we have fallen into generation. We, who are in essence Spirit (is this not implied by the Psalm?), have clothed flesh around ourselves, and are now subject to the laws of this Earth (in the scientific sense, though certainly also in purely legal terms, as well as those moral laws - which are not suspended simply because Spirit descends).

I think that addressing the question of what Christ meant when He quoted this Scripture ... will open insights for us into both our origin, and our future. A rock cannot become a tree. But an acorn, can. And with the right conditions, it does. That is simply its nature. Rocks change too, but not into trees.

What is it, into which wo/man is changing? Toward what are growing? What is - our highest potential?

We may answer that differently, even quoting some of the same Biblical passages in our response. And that is okay!

I believe each of us answers this question, and interprets God's Teaching(s), as best we able, assuming we do indeed want to know what is in store - for ourselves, our Loved ones, yet also for the rest of the world.

It is only natural that we should wish to help others. There is something - at least in my own witnessing and experience - about a good number of people in this world, which just makes them naturally want to help others, to extend themselves to those who are less fortunate, and to improve conditions ... for everyone!

I have been fortunate enough to come across, even spend some time with, such people, firsthand. This ... is why I believe what I believe.

Not because it is written in some book somewhere. Or because I have heard great Teachers utter this same truth, though that may also be so.

Words on a page - any page - can at best, corroborate, perhaps add depth to, an understanding that I already have. If I come across new ideas, then they but awaken ... my ability to recognize, understand, and testify to - God's Truth, or Holy Wisdom.

The Buddha held up a single flower - and made a sermon of it. Could it be that part of what He was saying was that the flower, as the lily, is beautiful - even more glorious than Solomon's splendor?

I think so.

Could it also be - that there is a Wisdom, an amazing Intelligence, and a Power that we can scarce comprehend ... evident within the design, and the marvel, of that flower?

I think so.

The Wisdom of God, imho, has no boundaries. Nor His Love. Nor His Might.

Therefore, I cannot say - what God can and cannot do ...
If in doubt, I suspect He CAN.

Does He?

I dunno. I think it varies. ;)

If that's abstract, well then, isn't the rapture kind of abstract too? This is a song about Alice - err, I mean, a thread about the rapture, isn't it? :p

Love and Light,

andrew/taijasi

And btw, Dor and Faithful, thanks for meeting me on common ground! It's a nice feeling. :)

cheers,

andrew

This is during the time they were wanting to stone Jesus.
They wanted to stone him for blasphemy. The law they thought not only justified but sanctified the act of stoning they wanted to do.
The verse you like to quote is his reply to their accusation of him.
He used their law against them. You need to continue reading it.
He called them gods to whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken. The word of God's commision came to them appointing them to their job as judges and therefore they are called gods. Exo 22:28. Magistracy is a divine institution; and magistrates are God's delegates so scripture called them gods. He uses it to show that they were very rash and unreasonable to condemn him as a blaspemer for calling himself the Son of God, when they called their rulers so.

Not to show that each individual person was, is or will become a god.

Dor said:
This is during the time they were wanting to stone Jesus.
They wanted to stone him for blasphemy. The law they thought not only justified but sanctified the act of stoning they wanted to do.
The verse you like to quote is his reply to their accusation of him.
He used their law against them. You need to continue reading it.
He called them gods to whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken. The word of God's commision came to them appointing them to their job as judges and therefore they are called gods. Exo 22:28. Magistracy is a divine institution; and magistrates are God's delegates so scripture called them gods. He uses it to show that they were very rash and unreasonable to condemn him as a blaspemer for calling himself the Son of God, when they called their rulers so.

Not to show that each individual person was, is or will become a god.

Could not stone, nor brake a bone of the One Most High...it wasn't in the word...how amazing that is, if one thinks about it.

Back