a study in the understanding yhwh & elohim

That if spoken will destroy the world? Please.

I am not familiar with the info presented by Q in the post you quoted above Dor, but I'm a bit surprised at the sarcasm in your response. Surely if this is a Jewish teaching we can give our thoughts on it in a more respectful way.

lunamoth

I am not familiar with the info presented by Q in the post you quoted above Dor, but I'm a bit surprised at the sarcasm in your response. Surely if this is a Jewish teaching we can give our thoughts on it in a more respectful way.

lunamoth
If you look back Q was answering a question where I asked about post 114. As far as my sarcasm. Look at some of the crazy posts the last week or so.

Now back to post 114 which I asked about and Q said he thought came from Kabbalah.
YHVH: The Tetragrammaton

The most powerful and important Name of God, which appears in the Torah, is YHVH, also referred to as the Tetragrammaton and the Ineffable Name. Its pronunciation has been lost; it was formerly uttered only by the High Priest on Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement). Many scholars have speculated on its pronunciation, producing names like "Jehova" and "Yaweh".
4letter.gif
Jews do not even attempt to pronounce this name; rather, a lesser Name is substituted, most commonly "Adonai" in prayer, though some Jews may use "casual" and respectful substitutes such as "Adoshem" or "Ha-Shem" ("The Name") outside of prayer.​

I did not find anything about a 72 letter name but this one.​

The Holy and Awesome 72-Part Name

Known as The 72-Part Name is made out of 72 triads of letters, and is one of the most powerful Names a Kabbalist might use. It is derived from Exodus 14:19-21, each line of which has 72 letters. To create the first triad, you put together (from the Hebrew) the first letter of 14:19, the last letter of 14:20, and the first letter of 14:21. To create the second, the second letter of 14:19, second to last of 14:20, and the second of 14:21. Continue until all the letters are used up.
Legend has is that this Name was revealed to Moses at the Burning Bush, and is what he used to part the Red Sea. Some speculate that this is the Name the High Priest would utter during the High Holidays.​
72part.gif
This is a sort of "blanket" Name used to vanquish demons, put out fires, heal, kill, gain the favor of a king, etc. However, if it is said in a state of impurity or uncleanliness the utterer will be struck dead! Probably due to its complexity and inherent danger, this Name was divided up into parts (that is, shorter series of triads), and these parts could in turn be used or specific purposes. The exact uses and how exactly the Name was to be divided up varied somewhat among Kabbalists. I have found a small number of examples, but consider the matter a bit too complex and grey to spell everything out here.​

So my question still stands where did the part of ending the world come in.​

If you look back Q was answering a question where I asked about post 114. As far as my sarcasm. Look at some of the crazy posts the last week or so.
I agree completely about the general tone of posts lately. I think in the past the level of repsectful dialogue and general politeness in this forum, even in the controversial threads, was quite a bit higher. Sorry to pick on you specifically...I guess I was just a bit surprised.

Now back to post 114 which I asked about and Q said he thought came from Kabbalah.
YHVH: The Tetragrammaton

The most powerful and important Name of God, which appears in the Torah, is YHVH, also referred to as the Tetragrammaton and the Ineffable Name. Its pronunciation has been lost; it was formerly uttered only by the High Priest on Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement). Many scholars have speculated on its pronunciation, producing names like "Jehova" and "Yaweh".
4letter.gif
Jews do not even attempt to pronounce this name; rather, a lesser Name is substituted, most commonly "Adonai" in prayer, though some Jews may use "casual" and respectful substitutes such as "Adoshem" or "Ha-Shem" ("The Name") outside of prayer.​

I did not find anything about a 72 letter name but this one.​

The Holy and Awesome 72-Part Name

Known as The 72-Part Name is made out of 72 triads of letters, and is one of the most powerful Names a Kabbalist might use. It is derived from Exodus 14:19-21, each line of which has 72 letters. To create the first triad, you put together (from the Hebrew) the first letter of 14:19, the last letter of 14:20, and the first letter of 14:21. To create the second, the second letter of 14:19, second to last of 14:20, and the second of 14:21. Continue until all the letters are used up.
Legend has is that this Name was revealed to Moses at the Burning Bush, and is what he used to part the Red Sea. Some speculate that this is the Name the High Priest would utter during the High Holidays.​
72part.gif
This is a sort of "blanket" Name used to vanquish demons, put out fires, heal, kill, gain the favor of a king, etc. However, if it is said in a state of impurity or uncleanliness the utterer will be struck dead! Probably due to its complexity and inherent danger, this Name was divided up into parts (that is, shorter series of triads), and these parts could in turn be used or specific purposes. The exact uses and how exactly the Name was to be divided up varied somewhat among Kabbalists. I have found a small number of examples, but consider the matter a bit too complex and grey to spell everything out here.​

So my question still stands where did the part of ending the world come in.​

Thank you for posting this info; I think it helps. I'm assuming that the reference to ending the world was in one of Marietta's posts? I could not read the one that I think is in question because the font was too small. I tried, but could not find anything about the end of the world.

However, I think it would be much more helpful if a reference was given for Marietta's post (apologies if it is there and I could not see it). If these ideas are her own it would be good to know that too.

2c,
luna

Greetings,
What we think of as the name of God in the Hebrew consists of four letters known as the Tetragrammaton (meaning the four letters), YHVH, and is thought to be pronounced “Yahweh.” In reality the “Name” is unutterable. It is said that it consist of 72 consonants which when pronounced will bring the world as we know it to an end. The seventy-two letters are broken down into groups of three. The three letters signify three spiritual forces—a positive charge, a negative charge, and a ground wire—to create a circuit of energy. These 72 Hebrew letters are more than a ‘Name’ as we think a name to be, it is a vibration, the tone that was used in the creation of all things. The word for name in Hebrew is Shem and it means: The source of Existence. It is the vibration that is formed when a word is pronounced or thought (all is thought) that creates ALL Existence. The shapes, sounds, sequences, and vibrations of the 72 names radiate a wide range of energy forces. The Hebrew letters are instruments of power. In fact, the Hebrew word for “letter” actually means pulse or vibration, indicating a flow of energy. The Hebrew alphabet transcends religion, race, geography, and the very concept of language.
The Torah consisting of the first five books of the Old Testament is known as the book of The Law. The Hebrew word ‘Torah’ according to the “Etymological Dictionary of the Hebrew language” literally means: instruction, a book containing all the laws of the universe.
Love and Light, Marietta:)
For Luna's bad eyes. :)

"For this is the one referred to by Isaiah the prophet, saying, “The voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Make ready the way of the Lord, make His paths straight!’” (Matt. 3:3).

"The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 2As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, "Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, who will prepare Your way; 3The voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Make ready the way of the Lord, make His paths straight,’" (Mark 1:1-3).

“This is the one about whom it is written, ‘Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, who will prepare Your way before You,’ (Matt. 11:10).

"He [John the Baptist] said, 'I am a voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way of the Lord,' as Isaiah the prophet said,'" (John 1:23).

Isaiah 40:3, "A voice is calling, “Clear the way for the Lord [YHWH] in the wilderness; make smooth in the desert a highway for our God."

Mal. 3:1, "Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord [adonai], whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the Lord [YHWH] of hosts."

Jesus Christ is YHWH, Jesus Christ is divine, Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh for the remission of our sins.

Back