a study in the understanding yhwh & elohim

Greetings Thomas, Thank you for the reply. :)

Nothing exists outside of god. God is all that truly exists and is in all things.

1Corinthians 3:16: Do you not know that you are a timple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Literal Greek translation:
1Corinthians 3:16
16. dont recognize that temple Theou exists and the life spirit the Theou dwells within you

1Corinthians 6:15: don't know that your bodies are members of Kristou existence, anchor the members the Kristos making harlot member not being produced

Ephesians 4:3-5: 3. be eager to protect the oneness of the life spirit within the bond of peace
4. one body and one and the same life spirit in this way therefore invited within one and the same prospect the invitation you
5. one and the same lord alone trust one baptism

Ephesians 5:29 After all, no-one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church--:30 for we are 'MAMBERS' OF HIS BODY.

Literal Greek:​
Colossians 1:15-18 15.​
which is the substance the Theou the invisible firstborn of all the universe
16. that within him created everything within the universe and on the earth the visible and the nvisible whether throne, whether dominion, wether first, wether right the supreme through himf and in him created
17. and he existed before anything and all things within him have existence
18. and he is the head of the body the assembly which is first existing before away from the dead so that became within fullness itself being first

Literal Greek:​
Ephesians 5:29-30:​
29, nobody surely at any time when the flesh hate yet feed and tenderly care for it so that therefore Kristos the assembly 30. that part (limb) is the body itself

Isaiah 45:7:​
I am the Lord, and there is no other. The one forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these.

No God is not evil but God does allow all of creation to experience whatever it is that is needed for the individual's personal growth.​

Love and Light, Marietta

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:1 et seq

It is evident from this verse, the whole of Scripture, and every teaching of the Jews, the Christians and the Moslems that:

God is the Creator of all that is, therefore
all that is, is created;

God is not created, therefore
all that is, is not God.

That God is in all that there is, that all that is exists and subsists by the Will of God, is a sign of God's love, and is not a virtue for man to claim as his own, but is a grace, and given ... but man is free, and metaphysically the only 'real' freedom is to accept Divine Grace, or reject it.

No God is not evil but God does allow all of creation to experience whatever it is that is needed for the individual's personal growth.

I am sorry, but I recoil at this kind of thinking - I hesitate to list just a few of the most disgusting and despicable acts perpetrated upon the innocent that shout out from our daily papers, and I would suggest that any 'god' who can think of no other means than to let, for example, children suffer in such extreme and perverse fashion is not worthy of the title 'god' and is itself perverse.

30,000 children a day in Africa - do that all need the same lesson? 30,000 a day?

Or the one baby, snatched, violated and murdered - what benefit does that dead child derive from the experience that can count towards 'personbal growth'?

I am sorry if my words appear harsh, but really this kind of thinking is an offence against the God of Scripture.

Hosea 11:1-9:
When Israel [was] a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt ... I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them... I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them... And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt [him] ... How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? [how] shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? [how] shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within me, my repentings are kindled together. I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I [am] God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

Thomas

oh, thomas, thomas. read isaiah 45:7:

"I Form light and Create Darkness, Make peace and Create evil; I Am G!D, Who Does all these things."

God is the Creator of all that is, therefore
all that is, is created;

God is not created, therefore
all that is, is not God.

this logic is really flawed - it suggests a separation between G!D and the Created universe, which is actually the gnostic heresy of the "demiurge", or the manichean heresy, whichever you prefer. either way jews don't go for it - either G!D Is One and All or that isn't G!D we're talking about.

without the existence of evil, there is no possibility of choosing good, because we wouldn't know the difference. that's eden, not life.

btw: wouldn't worry too much about marietta's translations if i were you!

b'shalom

bananabrain

Hi bananabrain -

this logic is really flawed ... either way jews don't go for it - either G!D Is One and All or that isn't G!D we're talking about.

Really? Are you saying Judaism is pantheist?

without the existence of evil, there is no possibility of choosing good, because we wouldn't know the difference. that's eden, not life.

Man chose evil, that's my point.

Pax,

Thomas

Greetings Thomas, Thank you for your response.

>>You responded:In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:1 et seqIt is evident from this verse, the whole of Scripture, and every teaching of the Jews, the Christians and the Moslems that:God is the Creator of all that is, therefore
all that is, is created; God is not created, therefore
all that is, is not God<<<.

I don't follow the logic that if someone creates something they were not created and all that is, is not part of that source? If I were to cut of my hair and make a wig out of that hair, I am the creator of the wig and the wig is a part of me. Is it not? I can dig a whole in my yard, fill it with cement add water and create a swimming pool. Then I can take a bucket and dip out some of the water and then pore that water into other smaller vessels. All of the water in the vessels came from the same source and are of the same essence of that source. We can take it all the way back to the ocean from which all water on this earth comes from.

Indeed, in the beginning God created the heavens and earth (our solar system). Who are these Gods that Genesis says created our firmament and our earth (our solar system)? Are the Elohim who created our heavens and earth the Source of All that exists? These beings are only the creators of this reality field that we are presently taking part within. Source is much bigger than this small portion of reality that we occupy. There are countless other time matrices out there and we only experience the lowest frequency of our own time matrix.

You responded:That God is in all that there is, that all that is exists and subsists by the Will of God, is a sign of God's love, and is not a virtue for man to claim as his own, but is a grace, and given ... but man is free, and metaphysically the only 'real' freedom is to accept Divine Grace, or reject it.

Where do you get the idea that Source's love is not a virtue for man to claim? As long as you think like that you will never experience Divine Love for yourself. We are all expressions of God and this love was imbedded within us at creation, because we are all made from the essence of Source. Nothing exists but Source and to say differently is saying that there was an external existence out of which Source created this existence we call reality.

Webster: grace; The quality or state of being considerate

I had written:
I had written: No God is not evil but God does allow all of creation to experience whatever it is that is needed for the individual's personal growth.

You replied:
I am sorry, but I recoil at this kind of thinking - I hesitate to list just a few of the most disgusting and despicable acts perpetrated upon the innocent that shout out from our daily papers, and I would suggest that any 'god' who can think of no other means than to let, for example, children suffer in such extreme and perverse fashion is not worthy of the title 'god' and is itself perverse.

These things are happening for a number of reasons. One is due to Karma from past life experiences. We each chose the life situations we will enter before we birth into this body. However the major reason things on this planet are taking place is due to the fact that the Fallen ones have taken our Freewill away and caused situations in which they can take our power away as a means of manipulation and control.

You wrote:
I am sorry if my words appear harsh, but really this kind of thinking is an offence against the God of Scripture.

My reply: What have I stated that is an offense against God? To say that God created us with free will and gave us a set of divine laws to follow that were/are pure and holy is not stating that God did anything bad. It was mankind and fallen angels who took these laws and used them to control and manipulate one another. Taking the free will choices away from each other inadvertently taking each others divinely given powers away.

You have stated that if God using his thoughts created mankind with free will, this some how is an offence against God. Please explain this logic to me.

Love and Light, Marietta :)

Greetings bananabrain,

You wrote:btw: wouldn't worry too much about marietta's translations if i were you!

Please explain where you have difficulty with my translation?

Love and Light, Marietta

god always existed, god creates things, god is life, god is uncorruptible, god sees and knows all things.

created things have a beginning, things were created by god, things have an end, things are corruptible, things are limited to the abilities god has given.

you can see the love, commands, workmanship, beauty, wisdom, and awesomeness of god in things, but no creation is above god, nor can we create anything unless that power was given to us by god.

the only thing that connects god with his created things is spirituality and doing things for the glory of god.

Hello BLAZNFATTYZ,
Science knows that all that exists is energy and energy is conscious and energy does not die, it merely transforms from one state to another. We are eternal life spirits/energy fields of consciousness manifest in a 3D form. The dimensional forms that the consciousness embodies into has a beginning but does not need to have an ending.
We are in agreement that there is not creation above Source.

You wrote:
the only thing that connects god with his created things is spirituality and doing things for the glory of god.

My reply:
This kind of thought was put into religion to take your God given personal power away from you.

Hello BLAZNFATTYZ,
Science knows that all that exists is energy and energy is conscious and energy does not die, it merely transforms from one state to another. We are eternal life spirits/energy fields of consciousness manifest in a 3D form. The dimensional forms that the consciousness embodies into has a beginning but does not need to have an ending.
We are in agreement that there is not creation above Source.

You wrote:

My reply:
This kind of thought was put into religion to take your God given personal power away from you.

Science exists because of God to begin with...I think that is the message being missed.

Not going to go through everyone of them but just the first one.

1Corinthians 3:16: Do you not know that you are a timple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1Corinthians 3:16
16. dont recognize that temple Theou exists and the life spirit the Theou dwells within you​
Love and Light, Marietta
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?(KJV)

why do you never use the first defenition given but the one you dig way down and get to fit your ideas.

Spirit which you translated as life spirit....lets check the Lexicon.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Strong's Number: 4151[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Browse Lexicon[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Original Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Word Origin[/FONT]pneu'ma[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]from (4154)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Transliterated Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]TDNT Entry[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Pneuma[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]6:332,876[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Phonetic Spelling[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Parts of Speech[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]pnyoo'-mah [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Noun Neuter [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Definition[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
  1. the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    1. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the \\Holy\\ Spirit)
    2. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of \\Truth\\)
    3. never referred to as a depersonalised force
  2. the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    1. the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    2. the soul
  3. a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    1. a life giving spirit
    2. a human soul that has left the body
    3. a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
      1. used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
      2. the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]So shouldn't that read [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]16. dont recognize that temple Theou exists and the Holy Spirit the Theou dwells within you...instead of 16. dont recognize that temple Theou exists and the life spirit the Theou dwells within you.[/FONT]

You wrote:

My reply:

What God given personal power are you referring to here?:confused:

Greetings Quahom1,

You wrote:Science exists because of God to begin with...I think that is the message being missed.

My reply: No I didn't miss this point. Go back a few posts where I posted:
What have I stated that is an offense against God? To say that God created us with free will and gave us a set of divine laws to follow that were/are pure and holy is not stating that God did anything bad. It was mankind and fallen angels who took these laws and used them to control and manipulate one another. Taking the free will choices away from each other inadvertently taking each others divinely given powers away.

Those Divine Laws are the Laws of Universal Creation Science.

Love and Light, Marietta:)

Greetings Quahom1,

You wrote:Science exists because of God to begin with...I think that is the message being missed.

What have I stated that is an offense against God? To say that God created us with free will and gave us a set of divine laws to follow that were/are pure and holy is not stating that God did anything bad. It was mankind and fallen angels who took these laws and used them to control and manipulate one another. Taking the free will choices away from each other inadvertently taking each others divinely given powers away.

Back to what I asked what divinely given powers are you talking about?

Greetings Quahom1,

Baha'i ?

Jehovah (he causes to become)
All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made.
In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
The same came as a witness, that he might testify about the light, that all might believe through him.
The true light that enlightens everyone was coming into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made through him, and the world didn't recognize him.
He came to his own, and those who were his own didn't receive him.
But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name:who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of the one and only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
John testified about him. He cried out, saying, "This was he of whom I said,'He who comes after me has surpassed me, for he was before me.'"
From his fullness we all received grace upon grace.
For the law was given through Moses. Grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

So yes all things were created by jesus christ, who is life, the word of god, the light of the world, the grace of god, the truth, and the son of god who is god manifested in the flesh, resurrected and glorified for the salvation of man who call upon his name.

Greetings Dor,
I don't use strong's concordance as a dictionary because it is merely a list of all the many different ways a word has been translated into (which ever version of the Lexicon to bible translation) you are looking up.
I personally use the Fiberg Lexicon, UBS dictionary, Louw Nida Lexicon, LS Lexicon and the Thayer Lexicon.

The word you are questioning the transliterated of is: Pneuma and according to:

Fiberg: (1) as derived from Pneoo (blow), of the movement of air; (a) blowing, wind (b) breathing, breath; (2) as a condition and agent of life breath (of life), LIFE SPIRIT, SOUL (3) as the immaterial part of the human personality, SPIRIT in contrast to the outward and visible aspect of (flesh) and (body) (4) as the seat of the inner spiritual life of man, the capacity to know God, SPIRIT

USB: Spirit, inner life, self, disposition, state of mind; spirit, spirit being or power, life, wind, breath, ghost, apparition

Louw Nida: spirit, evil spirit, holy spirit, ghost, inner being, way of thinking, wind, breath

LS: a wind, blast, breeze breathed air, breath, the breath of life, to collect breath, spirit

Thayers: 1. movement of air (gentle) blast; a. of the wind 2. the spirit, i.e. the vital principle by which the body is animated, to breath out the spirit, the power by which a human being feels, thinks, wills, decides, the soul.

I didn't dig way down, it was the first one I found as I only looked in the Fiberg Lexacon when I was translating this text.

why do you never use the first defenition given but the one you dig way down and get to fit your ideas.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]You wrote:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]So shouldn't that read [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]16. dont recognize that temple Theou exists and the Holy Spirit the Theou dwells within you...instead of 16. dont recognize that temple Theou exists and the life spirit the Theou dwells within you.[/FONT]
My reply: My point in this text was to show that god lives within us and we are all sparks of God. Which your interpretation of the word implies even better.

If you look at the entire meaning of the word you will find that you have dig pretty deep to make the word translate Holy Spirit. The word holy is not implied in the word Pneuma

Greetings Dor,

The power of Divine Love, the power of perfection in our own right, the power of innocence, the power of free will, to make mistakes and learn from our mistakes. The power to manifest our dreams instantaneously, to create our own reality, to bend spoons, the power of telepathy. To name a few.

Greetings Dor,

The power of Divine Love, the power of perfection in our own right, the power of innocence, the power of free will, to make mistakes and learn from our mistakes. The power to manifest our dreams instantaneously, to create our own reality, to bend spoons, the power of telepathy. To name a few.

You know we actually agree on some of that.
I do not know what you mean by Divine Love but I know I experience indescribable love every day.
We were innocent, we were designed perfect to live forever, and to have free will...we just choose to get rid of the innocence.
Course I do not think we agree on how to get back to where we started though.;)

Back