Why is it hard for Christians to accept Mohammad?

nice comparison, i always like to see them so people can see the factual differences and make educated decisions of what is truly right and wrong.

Actually muslims do accept Jesus Christ, they just consider it hard to accept Jesus G-d, or Jesus The Only Begotten Son Of God.

That is exactly the bottom line, if you accept Mohammed's teachings you are clearly devaluing Jesus Christ, isn't that obvious?
On the other hand, if Jesus was the final prophet and messiah, where does that leave Mohammed?:confused:

That is exactly the bottom line, if you accept Mohammed's teachings you are clearly devaluing Jesus Christ, isn't that obvious?
On the other hand, if Jesus was the final prophet and messiah, where does that leave Mohammed?:confused:

Out in the cold...

in the desert?

If I answered that ? from my fundamentalist mentality Id get in trouble.:)

So Quahom I was wondering how you came to the following conclusion in your Jesus or Muhammad post #19 above:

"Jesus is mentioned in the Quran 97 times
Muhammed is mentioned in the Quran 25 times"

- Art

So Quahom I was wondering how you came to the following conclusion in your Jesus or Muhammad post #19 above:

"Jesus is mentioned in the Quran 97 times
Muhammed is mentioned in the Quran 25 times"

- Art

Hi Art,

I asked the Farajes (my neighbors), to help me with this, since I didn't want to spout off BS numbers. I wanted to know. I thought is was 25 times. The internet states 58 times. They said Jesus is mentioned 97 times. They also said the Jesus is mentioned more than Muhammad by a factor of 4.

v/r

Joshua

I have a radical proposition...

If my fellow Muslims want to make it easier for Christians to accept Muhammad... I suggest we meet them in the middle and accept the Apostle Paul first!!

;)

Now do you see why it's so hard?

Hello Joshua!

Hi Art,

I asked the Farajes (my neighbors), to help me with this, since I didn't want to spout off BS numbers. I wanted to know. I thought is was 25 times. The internet states 58 times. They said Jesus is mentioned 97 times. They also said the Jesus is mentioned more than Muhammad by a factor of 4.

v/r

Joshua

I've been getting more picky lately about what I read on internet forums and find I learn more by being picky and persnickety than by swollowing the hook line and sinker...

Personally it doesn't seem to me that the number of times being mentioned is that big a deal but your numbers seemed a little odd to me and it stuck out from some of the other comparisons you listed...I also had a feeling this might have been an estimate by someone else and maybe you hadn't really studied it for yourself so if you check this index for the Qur'an it might help give an estimate:

USC-MSA Compendium of Muslim Texts

From this index you'll note it is not so much the name of "Muhammad" is mentioned but that the Prophet is being addressed personally.

Semper Fidelis!

- Art

I have a radical proposition...

If my fellow Muslims want to make it easier for Christians to accept Muhammad... I suggest we meet them in the middle and accept the Apostle Paul first!!

;)

Now do you see why it's so hard?

Thank you for your input, I didn't know that Muslims didn't accept the Apostle Paul. That's what you're saying correct?

Thank you for your input, I didn't know that Muslims didn't accept the Apostle Paul. That's what you're saying correct?

That's correct, part of a Muslim's objection to Christianity is the importance of Paul's teachings... and for a Christian to exchange Paul for Muhammad, well that would come across as unreasonable - Paul has written some of the most inspired scripture in the world. What is Love?

Back