Why do people try to change Christianity?

does that mean someone can know god, or "be ok in gods eyes" (i still cant get over the idea of god that realy doesnt think we are ok)

without accepting christ as their redeemer. I know a lot of people say love is all. some hindus also say they nkow god like christians because its all about love.

The truth is that no one has all the answers, but I think those answers start to take form when you embrace the Love of God.

You will know when God accepts you; you will feel it deep inside, and you will begin to value his spirit. I found God through Jesus, and I will always give him credit for my freedom...

Much Love,

Sorry I jumped in like that, shadowman...I felt compelled to do so, so I did. :)

Edit: I deleted most of my post...

In the Melchizidek story Abraham defeats the enemies of Sodom and Gemorrah and brings back all the stuff they took from the cities when they sacked them. The King of Sodom asks Abraham for the people back, but tells him to go ahead and keep the rest of the stuff as his rightful due. But Abraham refuses, which demonstrates the depth of his standing as a righteous man.

So, on at least one level, the story is a comparison between the righteousness of Abraham, illustrated by his material generosity and the fact that he uses his standing with God to beg for mercy for the undeserving, and the utter depravity, selfishness, and lack of civility of the Sodomites.

Chris

The rest of Ezekiel paints a clearer picture. As far as sexual sin or any sin, that which God hates is an abomination.

Oh, forgot:
Sexual sins of any kind are considered "abominations" to the Lord. See Leviticus 18: 18 - 30, paying particular attention to verses 27 - 30, which refer to "all these abominations" -- after various kinds of sexual activities apart from marriage have been mentioned. A similar list is repeated in Leviticus 20, concluding that God's people ought not to do these things "after the manner of the nations which I cast out before you." We find that the levitical laws also forbade remarriages of divorced couples, calling such an act an "abomination." Deuteronomy 24: 1 - 4. When we consider that Christ amplified these laws to include the lustful thought, who is without sin to cast the first stone?

In the Melchizidek story Abraham defeats the enemies of Sodom and Gemorrah and brings back all the stuff they took from the cities when they sacked them. The King of Sodom asks Abraham for the people back, but tells him to go ahead and keep the rest of the stuff as his rightful due. But Abraham refuses, which demonstrates the depth of his standing as a righteous man.

So, on at least one level, the story is a comparison between the righteousness of Abraham, illustrated by his material generosity and the fact that he uses his standing with God to beg for mercy for the undeserving, and the utter depravity, selfishness, and lack of civility of the Sodomites.

Chris

Excellent point.

Excellent point.

Thank you!

There's another aspect to the story which suggests, and this is a small theme in the OT, that the sedentary city life breeds unrighteousness. Notice how Abraham stays in the country, whilst Lot pitches his tent "toward Sodom."

Chris

No, I'm saying God is Love, and through his Love we are able to find truth in the Bible. The spirit guides, and helps us discern that which is good, and that which is not. The Bible is a means for finding God, but I don't think it is meant to be taken so absolute. He is giving us an opportunity to 'find' him, yet allows us to fail when we deny his true nature, and attribute to him things ungodly. A good tree bears good fruit, but an evil tree cannot. This is why I pick and choose; I judge by spirit, and by fruit, as we are told to do so by Jesus...

Anything that opposses Love is error, and much in the Bible does just that, imo. I think that fear is the base of all evils, but perfect Love casts out that fear.

I am merely suggesting that change is a good thing when it comes finding the light of Christ. Jesus was our light, our example, and if we allow him...our saviour as well. All else lies inside each person, and it will either comfort, or create a raging fire.

Much Love,
The Holy Spirit guides you to Christ and the Bible if your guided away from that you need to question what spirit your listening to.

The rest of Ezekiel paints a clearer picture. As far as sexual sin or any sin, that which God hates is an abomination.

Oh, forgot:
Sexual sins of any kind are considered "abominations" to the Lord. See Leviticus 18: 18 - 30, paying particular attention to verses 27 - 30, which refer to "all these abominations" -- after various kinds of sexual activities apart from marriage have been mentioned. A similar list is repeated in Leviticus 20, concluding that God's people ought not to do these things "after the manner of the nations which I cast out before you." We find that the levitical laws also forbade remarriages of divorced couples, calling such an act an "abomination." Deuteronomy 24: 1 - 4. When we consider that Christ amplified these laws to include the lustful thought, who is without sin to cast the first stone?

Perhaps you'd care to comment on the other uses of the Hebrew To'ebah in the textus?

Perhaps you'd care to comment on the other uses of the Hebrew To'ebah in the textus?

tow'ebah means something morally disgusting. It can also mean an abhorrence or something abominable, an abomination. Its root comes from ta'ab taw-ab' which means to loathe or detest. an abominable thing, place or act.

The Holy Spirit guides you to Christ and the Bible if your guided away from that you need to question what spirit your listening to.

The Spirit doesn't guide me away from the Bible, or Christ, Dor. It simply helps me to seperate the righteous from the wrong. I really like 1 John 4:4-8 it helps me to understand, and discern things.

4. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
7. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I also like 2 Timothy 3:14-17

14. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This tells me that all scripture is benneficial, and inspired, but it doesn't say absolute truth, or inerrant. I know God allowed the errors, so that I might find the truth, if I search with a clean spirit, embracing Gods Love.

w/o Love we're on our own, man. With Love we have God, and are in God, born of God, and know God, as he knows us. His Love allows us to see the spirit of error, imo...

I think God want us to find his truth, and his truth lay hidden in the Bible. He allows us to fail when we reject who he is...Love.

Love is not complicated...(It's straight, and narrow)

Much Love,

To'ebah means something abominable in a RITUAL sense, ie, something which prevents you from worshipping in the Temple or partaking of the sacrifices.

It applies to clothing, food, sex, trimming of hair / beards, houses etc. Christians ignore 99.9% of the ritual purity laws but some seemingly love to note the laws regarding sexuality (specifically laws regarding Temple Prostitution) and try to make them applicable to Christians (for whom they were never written) today.

Kiwimac

O.K. "Pick" was your word. And, in your opinion, their is error in the Bible?

Yes, pick was my word; I used it only because that is what other Christians say I do. What I actually do is judge the spirit behind the teaching, or what those teachings do to the believers of them, or rather how it effects them 'spiritualy'.

I don't claim I know the entire truth, I claim that the Bible has errors, and that those errors lead many away from truth as I know it, or truth as I see it, or away from God as he is defined in 1 John 4:8,16.

This is apparent when you look at Christian history, imo.

Much Love,

1John 4

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

16 And we know and have believed the love which God hath in us. God is love; and he that abideth in love abideth in God, and God abideth in him.

Nice "pick".

Love is pure, it comforts, and leads us out of darkness. Our carnal nature is to embrace anger, fear, bitterness, violence, and hate. Love takes these away, and can give us serenity. If God is Love, then he opposes that which makes our hearts dark, and when we embrace him, he allows us to be free from these things.

Good fruit, imo...

Much Love,

Love is pure, it comforts, and leads us out of darkness. Our carnal nature is to embrace anger, fear, bitterness, violence, and hate. Love takes these away, and can give us serenity. If God is Love, then he opposes that which makes our hearts dark, and when we embrace him, he allows us to be free from these things.

Good fruit, imo...

Much Love,

Beautiful Cage. :) You've just summed up my religion.

luna

Back